Author Topic: RONDO first game with Dallas about to Start  (Read 44984 times)

Re: RONDO first game with Dallas about to Start
« Reply #255 on: December 21, 2014, 01:38:47 AM »

Offline Blaze4G

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
I don't know if Rondo is saying some stuff on purpose to stick to the Celts , but he is not being "smart" with his words as of late

"I'm excited to play with great players and a great coach again (referring to Rivers)"

"I've been here 24 hours & I've probably practiced more in 24 hours than I have all season."

Or you can talk about all the great things he said about Boston having the best fans,a great organization and good players that work hard...probably doesn't fit the narrative tho.

Sure, but I think one can separate the obligatory platitudes he extended towards Celtics fans, from some of his others comments, which, rightly or wrongly, could be perceived as veiled shots at Stevens, or worse, indictments on his own work ethic... I'm sorry, I'm a Rondo guy, but I don't know how you can spin: "I've been here 24 hours & I've probably practiced more in 24 hours than I have all season" as anything other than:

a. a shot at his former HC

or

b. an admission that he didn't give his all this season.
or

c. He was just exaggerating to get the point across how much he practiced in the 24 hours. If you were Rondo, how else would you rephrase that to get the point across that you practiced so much in the 24 hours. Example please.

« Reply #256 on: December 21, 2014, 01:40:11 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
I don't know if Rondo is saying some stuff on purpose to stick to the Celts , but he is not being "smart" with his words as of late

"I'm excited to play with great players and a great coach again (referring to Rivers)"

"I've been here 24 hours & I've probably practiced more in 24 hours than I have all season."

Or you can talk about all the great things he said about Boston having the best fans,a great organization and good players that work hard...probably doesn't fit the narrative tho.

Sure, but I think one can separate the obligatory platitudes he extended towards Celtics fans, from some of his others comments, which, rightly or wrongly, could be perceived as veiled shots at Stevens, or worse, indictments on his own work ethic... I'm sorry, I'm a Rondo guy, but I don't know how you can spin: "I've been here 24 hours & I've probably practiced more in 24 hours than I have all season" as anything other than:

or

Rondo's not exactly Mr. Smooth.  He may just be talking about the need to absorb a new system in an extremely short time.

Mike

« Reply #257 on: December 21, 2014, 01:41:50 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
I don't have a problem with people having an opinion.  We are never going to all agree on everything.  But I do have an issue when someone starts typing out stuff supposedly quoting things but they are really just making it up and purposely taking things out of context.  Do they think that we don't notice?  smh

That's where I stand. We can all have differences of opinion,but to purposely misquote and leave out key words just to fit your narrative is just wrong and does nothing for a real discussion.

« Reply #258 on: December 21, 2014, 01:53:48 AM »

Offline Shamrocker

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69

or

Rondo's not exactly Mr. Smooth.  He may just be talking about the need to absorb a new system in an extremely short time.

Mike

Utterly disagree. Rajon Rondo is a brilliant man, an articulate man. If he was simply referencing  absorbing a new system, he would have said so clearly and eloquently like always.  Perhaps he was trying to curry favor with his new coach by praising his practice habits.  And if that's the case, I understand.

« Reply #259 on: December 21, 2014, 02:14:05 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

or

+1.   

« Reply #260 on: December 21, 2014, 02:19:39 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I don't have a problem with people having an opinion.  We are never going to all agree on everything.  But I do have an issue when someone starts typing out stuff supposedly quoting things but they are really just making it up and purposely taking things out of context.  Do they think that we don't notice?  smh

That's where I stand. We can all have differences of opinion,but to purposely misquote and leave out key words just to fit your narrative is just wrong and does nothing for a real discussion.

“For me, being a competitor, I felt like we put five guys out there who played extremely hard, but I didn’t feel like we were going to win many games. That’s just how my mentality’s been since I’ve been in the league. Fortunate enough to play with future Hall of Famers and great teams and coach with Doc Rivers, so to get back to that situation, being able to play with future Hall of Famers, great coach, and a team that’s ready to contend for a title, I’m fired up. I’m ready to go.”

With Doc Rivers.   Did he list Brad Stevens??

I don't think he was trying to diss Stevens on purpose or maybe he was.

It's the same thing about

Maybe he didn't mean it that he did not practice at his best as a Celtic this season, but he gives off the wrong impression.  And tonight by him playing the best defense of the season,  I do believe he practiced more in 24 hours than he has all season

« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 02:27:59 AM by triboy16f »

« Reply #261 on: December 21, 2014, 02:28:23 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Guys, are you still going to be bashing Rondo now that he's on the Mavericks?  Oops, I realized that that was a rhetorical question the moment I finished typing that sentence, lol.  Honestly, who cares?  Was that a shot at Stevens?  Did he 'mail it in?'  Are we Celtics fans or writers for the Daily Mail, lol? ;D

« Reply #262 on: December 21, 2014, 02:32:42 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

triboy has a history of 'adjusting quotes' to try and back up his point.  check out the  '(LIVE) Rondo (and Powell) press conference' thread.  it was the same exact thing there trying to claim that Rondo was dissing the C's organization.

Hes been known for that and also ignoring others evidence in their rebuttals against his statements.

« Reply #263 on: December 21, 2014, 02:33:44 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
BLINK you will at all cost protect Rondo. Even after he is traded to another team. 

But he quit on the Celts.  Maybe some of it had to do with Danny and his trade threats but 

the bottom line is he quit.   Well he, Well he etc. That's all you say.  And you get excited about

how good he is with the Mavs tonight.  The Spurs 2nd unit is so good etc.

I hope to hear same kind of enthusiasm for the new Celtics lineup moving fwd also. 

« Reply #264 on: December 21, 2014, 02:34:44 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

triboy has a history of 'adjusting quotes' to try and back up his point.  check out the  '(LIVE) Rondo (and Powell) press conference' thread.  it was the same exact thing there trying to claim that Rondo was dissing the C's organization.

Hes been known for that and also ignoring others evidence in their rebuttals against his statements.

your so smart!!

« Reply #265 on: December 21, 2014, 02:38:34 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
BLINK you will at all cost protect Rondo. Even after he is traded to another team. 

But he quit on the team.  Maybe some of it had to do with Danny and his trade threats but 

the bottom line is he quit.   Well he, Well he etc. That's all you say.  And you get excited about

I hope to hear same kind of enthusiasm for the new Celtics lineup moving fwd also.

And YOU, lol ;D, continue to bash him at all costs even when he's no longer here. ::) ;D Unbelievable.  Can we please just stop all of this?  I'd hate to give you any ideas, lol ;D, but isn't there someone else you can pick on? 

« Reply #266 on: December 21, 2014, 02:39:29 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

your so smart!!

::) ;D

« Reply #267 on: December 21, 2014, 02:44:42 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

But he quit on the team.  Maybe some of it had to do with Danny and his trade threats but 

And YOU, lol ;D, continue to bash him at all costs even when he's no longer here. ::) ;D Unbelievable.  Can we please just stop all of this?  I'd hate to give you any ideas, lol ;D, but isn't there someone else you can pick on?

I'm not like you and pick my nose all night. jk

The hate is warranted tonight.  I was waiting game after game to see him backpeddle, raise his arms to contain the drive.  But saw him do it in another uniform. 

« Reply #268 on: December 21, 2014, 02:46:35 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474

But he quit on the Celts.  Maybe some of it had to do with Danny and his trade threats but 

You are delusional.  I am not even mad, I am just amazed.  Just try to get your 'quotes' cough*lies*cough right next time you are trying to make a point.  And for the love of god stop trying to judge other people's level of fandom.  No one has to prove that they are a C's fan to you or anyone else on this site. 

I really wish there was an 'ignore user' function on this forum. 

« Reply #269 on: December 21, 2014, 02:49:01 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

You are delusional.  I am not even mad, I am just amazed.  Just try to get your 'quotes' cough*lies*cough right next time you are trying to make a point.  And for the love of god stop trying to judge other people's level of fandom.  No one has to prove that they are a C's fan to you or anyone else on this site. 

I really wish there was an 'ignore user' function on this forum.

“For me, being a competitor, I felt like we put five guys out there who played extremely hard, but I didn’t feel like we were going to win many games. That’s just how my mentality’s been since I’ve been in the league. Fortunate enough to play with future Hall of Famers and great teams and coach with Doc Rivers, so to get back to that situation, being able to play with future Hall of Famers, great coach, and a team that’s ready to contend for a title, I’m fired up. I’m ready to go.”

With Doc Rivers.   Did he list Brad Stevens??

I don't think he was trying to diss Stevens on purpose or maybe he was.

It's the same thing about

Maybe he didn't mean it that he did not practice at his best as a Celtic this season, but he gives off the wrong impression.  And tonight by him playing the best defense of the season,  I do believe he practiced more in 24 hours than he has all season