Author Topic: RONDO first game with Dallas about to Start  (Read 44827 times)

Re: RONDO first game with Dallas about to Start
« Reply #240 on: December 21, 2014, 12:50:29 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Earl K. Sneed @EarlKSneed  ·  24m Rondo put in work to learn the Mavs' system: "I've been here 24 hours & I've probably practiced more in 24 hours than I have all season."

Is that a veiled shot at Stevens?

CBS works his guys out hard in practice. Rondo just didn't practice "24 hours " hard

Rondo and CBS partnership was doomed from the beginning imo.

« Reply #241 on: December 21, 2014, 12:52:54 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I don't know if Rondo is saying some stuff on purpose to stick to the Celts , but he is not being "smart" with his words as of late

"I'm excited to play with great players and a great coach again (referring to Rivers)"

"I've been here 24 hours & I've probably practiced more in 24 hours than I have all season."

« Reply #242 on: December 21, 2014, 12:54:16 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Earl K. Sneed @EarlKSneed  ·  24m Rondo put in work to learn the Mavs' system: "I've been here 24 hours & I've probably practiced more in 24 hours than I have all season."

CBS works his guys out hard in practice. Rondo just didn't practice "24 hours " hard

I think it just shows that he mailed it in this season for the C's and didn't give it his all. And that quote pretty much confirms his attitude towards resigning with us...

« Reply #243 on: December 21, 2014, 12:57:53 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I don't know if Rondo is saying some stuff on purpose to stick to the Celts , but he is not being "smart" with his words as of late

"I'm excited to play with great players and a great coach again (referring to Rivers)"

"I've been here 24 hours & I've probably practiced more in 24 hours than I have all season."

Are you paraphrasing that first quote?  The quote I read is below and paints a different picture than you are trying to portray. 

"It was very challenging these last couple years," Rondo said. "I've been fortunate enough to play for future Hall of Famers and great teams and a great coach in Doc Rivers. And to get back to that situation and be able to play with future Hall of Famers and a great coach and a team that's ready to contend for a title, I'm fired up. I'm ready to go."

« Reply #244 on: December 21, 2014, 12:58:39 AM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
It sounds like he was cramming to learn the Mavs system, something he wouldn't have to do being familiar with Celts system. But you can interpret it how you want.

« Reply #245 on: December 21, 2014, 01:02:29 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

I think it just shows that he mailed it in this season for the C's and didn't give it his all. And that quote pretty much confirms his attitude towards resigning with us...

Why would Rondo mail it in this season when he is in the last year of his contract?  That makes absolutely no sense.  Even if he was dead set against resigning with the Celtics, he'd still want to play his best to maximize his opportunities in free agency. 

« Reply #246 on: December 21, 2014, 01:08:46 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
It sounds like he was cramming to learn the Mavs system, something he wouldn't have to do being familiar with Celts system. But you can interpret it how you want.

He was obviously exaggerating some but he also missed all of preseason because of the broken hand.  Because of the tight schedule, teams don't practice that much during the regular season. 

« Reply #247 on: December 21, 2014, 01:15:51 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221

Bryan Gutierrez ?@BallinWithBryan  56m56 minutes ago
The Rondo quote here https://twitter.com/BallinWithBryan/status/546530907926982656 … is in context the work to learn the Mavs’ system in a short period of time.

« Reply #248 on: December 21, 2014, 01:16:53 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Why would Rondo mail it in this season when he is in the last year of his contract?  That makes absolutely no sense.  Even if he was dead set against resigning with the Celtics, he'd still want to play his best to maximize his opportunities in free agency.

Man, if we're asking why Rondo would do some of the things he's done, we'll be here all night. lol

It's pretty clear he didn't play his best ball or bring his best effort in Boston every night. But that's Rondo's MO. The whole playoff/nationally televised game Rondo concept was born out of his selective effort he gave to some games and not others. It's well-known that Rondo tended to take games off; I'm merely suggesting he took more games off this year due to the rebuild and not being motivated. Is that so crazy to suggest? If he was truly playing for his next contract and giving it his all every night, he wouldn't be putting up his worst shooting/scoring numbers since his rookie season.

« Reply #249 on: December 21, 2014, 01:18:49 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell

Or you can talk about all the great things he said about Boston having the best fans,a great organization and good players that work hard...probably doesn't fit the narrative tho.

« Reply #250 on: December 21, 2014, 01:26:18 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Or you can talk about all the great things he said about Boston having the best fans,a great organization and good players that work hard...probably doesn't fit the narrative tho.

triboy has a history of 'adjusting quotes' to try and back up his point.  check out the  '(LIVE) Rondo (and Powell) press conference' thread.  it was the same exact thing there trying to claim that Rondo was dissing the C's organization.

I don't have a problem with people having an opinion.  We are never going to all agree on everything.  But I do have an issue when someone starts typing out stuff supposedly quoting things but they are really just making it up and purposely taking things out of context.  Do they think that we don't notice?  smh
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 01:35:01 AM by blink »

« Reply #251 on: December 21, 2014, 01:29:36 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

triboy has a history of 'adjusting quotes' to try and back up his point.  check out the  '(LIVE) Rondo (and Powell) press conference' thread.  it was the same exact thing there trying to claim that Rondo was dissing the C's organization.

I don't have a problem with people having an opinion.  We are never going to all agree on anything.  But I do have an issue when someone starts typing out stuff supposedly quoting things but they are really just making it up and purposely taking things out of context.  Do they think that we don't notice?  smh

I'm sure Triboy wouldn't pull a stunt like that. Right Triboy? 

Give them the links to your quotes.

« Reply #252 on: December 21, 2014, 01:31:05 AM »

Offline Shamrocker

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69

Sure, but I think one can separate the obligatory platitudes he extended towards Celtics fans, from some of his others comments, which, rightly or wrongly, could be perceived as veiled shots at Stevens, or worse, indictments on his own work ethic... I'm sorry, I'm a Rondo guy, but I don't know how you can spin: "I've been here 24 hours & I've probably practiced more in 24 hours than I have all season" as anything other than:

a. a shot at his former HC

or

b. an admission that he didn't give his all this season.

« Reply #253 on: December 21, 2014, 01:37:48 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Let me get this straight.  So now you are saying it is Rondo's fault that he got traded because he didn't play hard enough to impress Ainge?  Is that what you are saying?  I want to make sure.

I would bet $100 that Ainge would never have traded Rondo if he had come out this season and played like a max contract guy.  Where would you have ranked Rondo's play with Boston this year?  Was he a top 10 pg?  Top 20?

Mike

I never said Rondo was a max contract guy and I don't think I was even asking you this question.
Rank him yourself, I don't really give a sh_t about where everyone ranks him.

The issue is Rondo's level of play and effort.  You seem incredulous that Rondo should be held responsible for either.

Mike

« Reply #254 on: December 21, 2014, 01:38:04 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell

Sure, but I think one can separate the obligatory platitudes he extended towards Celtics fans, from some of his others comments, which, rightly or wrongly, could be perceived as veiled shots at Stevens, or worse, indictments on his own work ethic... I'm sorry, I'm a Rondo guy, but I don't know how you can spin: "I've been here 24 hours & I've probably practiced more in 24 hours than I have all season" as anything other than:

a. a shot at his former HC

or

b. an admission that he didn't give his all this season.

I don't think you need a spin when it was already explained that the context was how much he had to learn the plays in such a short time, it was with slight exaggeration.