Author Topic: RONDO first game with Dallas about to Start  (Read 44828 times)

Re: RONDO first game with Dallas about to Start
« Reply #195 on: December 20, 2014, 11:39:25 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
LarBrd33 the difference is Boston played a terrible team while Dallas played the defending champions..
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic.  Dallas just played the Spurs bench a night after the Spurs played an overtime game...

And Dallas looked worse than they normally do in spite of this.  They average 110 points on 48% shooting... tonight they put up 99 points on 43% shooting despite the arrival of Rondo and the fact they were playing against the Spurs D-Team.

Again... so far Boston looks better and the Mavs look worse.  That could change, of course.

Before this game Dallas was 0-5 against the top teams in the west.  In those games, they averaged 96.4 ppg.  Their field goal percentages for those games were 48.7, 36.7, 39.8, 44.7 and 40.4.  That's a pretty mediocre offense against the best teams. 

« Reply #196 on: December 20, 2014, 11:40:04 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I don't agree that the Mavs will integrate Rondo instantly and be clicking but then suddenly crash down to earth.  I am not sure where that thought comes from?  He doesn't even know the offense or players tend yet.  I think it will take a few months before they find the right balance of everything.  By that point they will have signed another big to replace Wright and the team will be better adjusted.

It is interesting how many pages this thread went tonight and everyones responses.  Rondo is literally in a no win situation with some of you.  If he plays well, it is 'why wasn't he playing like this when he was here?'  If he plays poorly, 'see he will never be as good as 2010-2012 the last time he ever played def and was worth a crap'.  Funny how that works.

That's just how some people are here. No matter what happened, they'd hate him for something.

Did Rondo want out? Did he coast his final year? I don't know, but what I do know is if he was unhappy here, he did his post to not show it. He very well could've made it a public spectacle ala Dwight and Melo, but he didn't.

Basically you are calling him fake then.   Which is even worse

He also said in the Dallas press conference that he tried and played hard everyday as a Celtic this past season.  I mean what a liar

When i see him let guys by him repeatedly and tonight he backpeddles raises his arms to contain the drive, it makes me angry.

I been telling you guys that this is the kind of "detail" he is not doing.  Why couldn't he do it? Why couldn't he try harder?

Just when i didn't want to care about this Rondo fiasco anymore, he does things that makes me go "unbelievable".   

And if he even made a peep about wanting a trade, you'd probably be the first one here saying how much of a brat he is. You're exactly the type of poster I'm talking about, no matter what way this played out, you'd find something to hate.

Rondo doesn't publicly demand trade = he's fake

Rondo publicly demands trade = he's a jerk

Rondo does well in Dallas = he quit on C's

Rondo doesn't do well in Dallas = he's washed up

Did I cover all the bases?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #197 on: December 20, 2014, 11:41:44 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I don't agree that the Mavs will integrate Rondo instantly and be clicking but then suddenly crash down to earth.  I am not sure where that thought comes from?  He doesn't even know the offense or players tend yet.  I think it will take a few months before they find the right balance of everything.  By that point they will have signed another big to replace Wright and the team will be better adjusted.

It is interesting how many pages this thread went tonight and everyones responses.  Rondo is literally in a no win situation with some of you.  If he plays well, it is 'why wasn't he playing like this when he was here?'  If he plays poorly, 'see he will never be as good as 2010-2012 the last time he ever played def and was worth a crap'.  Funny how that works.

That's just how some people are here. No matter what happened, they'd hate him for something.

Did Rondo want out? Did he coast his final year? I don't know, but what I do know is if he was unhappy here, he did his post to not show it. He very well could've made it a public spectacle ala Dwight and Melo, but he didn't.

He also said in the Dallas press conference that he tried and played hard everyday as a Celtic this past season.  I mean what a liar

When i see him let guys by him repeatedly and tonight he backpeddles raises his arms to contain the drive, it makes me angry.

I been telling you guys that this is the kind of "detail" he is not doing.  Why couldn't he do it? Why couldn't he try harder?

Just when i didn't want to care about this Rondo fiasco anymore, he does things that makes me go "unbelievable".   

And if he even made a peep about wanting a trade, you'd probably be the first one here saying how much of a brat he is. You're exactly the type of poster I'm talking about, no matter what way this played out, you'd find something to hate.

exactly, it's so silly

« Reply #198 on: December 20, 2014, 11:42:05 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I don't agree with you on alot, Triboy, but I think you're spot on about this. lol He definitely seems like he'll be a much better player in Dallas than he was in Boston during the rebuild, especially when it comes to his effort, motivation, and aggression.

I don't necessarily put it all on Rondo, though. He's just not really that type of player to excel in our rebuild, and a rebuild will affect every player's game to some degree.

It's the truth.

He needs guys like Dirk, Ellis, KG to fuel him.   Bc of this , no way he was someone DAnny and the Celts could build around.  A guy you can't give max to

With the Celts he was considered the top dog and that was not good for the team nor Rondo. 

anyways , I'm going to move on no doubt.  Tonight i wanted to see how Rondo would fit with the Mavs and it looks like a good fit. 

« Reply #199 on: December 20, 2014, 11:46:05 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

stop going overboard.   I feel i have a legitimate pt and reason to be upset how he put on the kind of effort everybody (anti rondo fan, fanatics, media etc) were expecting from him at the start of the season, now coming out with a new team.   

« Reply #200 on: December 20, 2014, 11:46:37 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
LarBrd33 the difference is Boston played a terrible team while Dallas played the defending champions..
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic.  Dallas just played the Spurs bench a night after the Spurs played an overtime game...

And Dallas looked worse than they normally do in spite of this.  They average 110 points on 48% shooting... tonight they put up 99 points on 43% shooting despite the arrival of Rondo and the fact they were playing against the Spurs D-Team.

Again... so far Boston looks better and the Mavs look worse.  That could change, of course.

you're such a Rondo hater it is unbearable! I am positive the Spurs bench would trash the Wolves squad that played against the Celtics 9 out of 10 times. You have a new player playing his first game for a new team at the PG position which is where essentially all plays start when the shot clock begins counting down and you expect what? That if Mavericks didn't score 150 points tonight then Mavericks are worse with Rondo?

OBVIOUSLY you did not watch the game or you had blinders on. Dirk was missing wide open shots. You talk about spacing, many of the missed shots Dirk got were wide open looks or shots he usually make. Parsons were also missing a few he usually makes. The refs were making many BS calls for the spurs.

I bet you are going to ignore that Rondo had the highest +/- for the Mavericks and say "oh you don't believe in +/-".

You are saying Mavericks looks worse however it could change. Come on! One game? wait a few weeks before making any statements which team looks better or worse.

I bet if Mavericks had beaten Spurs by 50 points tonight you would have discredited Rondo and said something like "it was Ellis or Parsons or Dirk why they won by that much".

Keep Hating.
I'm not hating.  i watched the game.  I don't think the Mavs are dramatically improved.  I don't think the Celtics are dramatically worse.  I'll miss watching Black White Chocolate, but I realize that his impact on the game is overstated.   

« Reply #201 on: December 20, 2014, 11:47:12 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

you're such a Rondo hater it is unbearable! I am positive the Spurs bench would trash the Wolves squad that played against the Celtics 9 out of 10 times. You have a new player playing his first game for a new team at the PG position which is where essentially all plays start when the shot clock begins counting down and you expect what? That if Mavericks didn't score 150 points tonight then Mavericks are worse with Rondo?

OBVIOUSLY you did not watch the game or you had blinders on. Dirk was missing wide open shots. You talk about spacing, many of the missed shots Dirk got were wide open looks or shots he usually make. Parsons were also missing a few he usually makes. The refs were making many BS calls for the spurs.

I bet you are going to ignore that Rondo had the highest +/- for the Mavericks and say "oh you don't believe in +/-".

You are saying Mavericks looks worse however it could change. Come on! One game? wait a few weeks before making any statements which team looks better or worse.

I bet if Mavericks had beaten Spurs by 50 points tonight you would have discredited Rondo and said something like "it was Ellis or Parsons or Dirk why they won by that much".

Keep Hating.
I'm not hating.  i watched the game.  I don't think the Mavs are dramatically improved.  I don't think the Celtics are dramatically worse.  I'll miss watching Black White Chocolate, but I realize that his impact on the game is overstated.

You're judging them due to ONE game, it's a process.

« Reply #202 on: December 20, 2014, 11:47:24 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I don't have time to read all of the posts, but some pretty petty stuff going on around here.

As far as the game goes, Dal really didn't have a very good game. They played against a decent bench and barely pulled out the W. The Spurs were missing quite likely the best starting 5 in basketball. Not acknowledging that this made a HUGE difference is just weird. It's a good game for Rondo to get his feet wet, but statistically he was the same Rondo we had in Boston - but not quite as many assists. I assume that will change.

« Reply #203 on: December 20, 2014, 11:47:40 PM »

Offline Blaze4G

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6

X2. When someone dislikes somebody in life or a NBA player in this case, they try to find every means to discredit them.

I will agree Rondo seem to have played harder tonight. Who wouldn't!? On the first day of a new job aren't you going to try and put in your all? Especially when you know that you actually have a great shot at a bonus (In this case an NBA Championship)?

« Reply #204 on: December 20, 2014, 11:50:59 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Keep Hating.

Dallas was a good team before the trade...  I'm sure they will be good after the trade.  But I don't believe they will make a "leap", and nothing I saw tonight suggested they will.  If anything, they might be slightly worse or even. 

« Reply #205 on: December 20, 2014, 11:51:38 PM »

Offline dasani

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 32
wow Rondo seemed so much happier on the Mavs. What happened between him and Ainge. So Sad. I didnt want to believe this.  ??? :-[

« Reply #206 on: December 20, 2014, 11:52:43 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Keep Hating.

Dallas was a good team before the trade...  I'm sure they will be good after the trade.  But I don't believe they will make a "leap", and nothing I saw tonight suggested they will.  If anything, they might be slightly worse or even.

The only reason why they may not make a "leap" is because the west is that tough.

« Reply #207 on: December 20, 2014, 11:53:25 PM »

Offline Blaze4G

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6

Keep Hating.

So you are judging from ONE ONE ONE ONE ONE ONE game that the Mavs are not dramatically improved. You seem to forget that Mavericks had a new player in their starting 5 who they never played with before. While Celtics had players in their starting line up that are all familiar with each other, of course the Celtics are not going to look worse.....yet.

I reiterate, you are judging from ONE game. WOW.

With your methodology I guess I can do a survey and ask ONE person what they think about X and then assume that's how everyone think about X.

« Reply #208 on: December 20, 2014, 11:53:57 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

X2. When someone dislikes somebody in life or a NBA player in this case, they try to find every means to discredit them.

I will agree Rondo seem to have played harder tonight. Who wouldn't!? On the first day of a new job aren't you going to try and put in your all? Especially when you know that you actually have a great shot at a bonus (In this case an NBA Championship)?

That's sad.  You take care of the team that drafted you, that you been with 9 years first . That's what i would do.  That's what Duncan , Dirk have done.   

Guys like Lebron are Nba championship chasing Gold Diggers 

« Reply #209 on: December 20, 2014, 11:54:21 PM »

Offline dasani

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 32

Keep Hating.

So you are judging from ONE ONE ONE ONE ONE ONE game that the Mavs are not dramatically improved. You seem to forget that Mavericks had a new player in their starting 5 who they never played with before. While Celtics had players in their starting line up that are all familiar with each other, of course the Celtics are not going to look worse.....yet.

I reiterate, you are judging from ONE game. WOW.

With your methodology I guess I can do a survey and ask ONE person what they think about X and then assume that's how everyone think about X.
stop yall the looked better. they beat the best team in the west. lets not hate on them. we will get there eventually.