Author Topic: RONDO first game with Dallas about to Start  (Read 44823 times)

Re: RONDO first game with Dallas about to Start
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2014, 10:09:34 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
7 assists and 7 rebounds in just 20 minutes played so far for Rondo.

Needs to make some shots if he wants a shot at a triple double though.

he can get his triple double with charges ;D

« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2014, 10:09:39 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Aron Baynes and Corey Joseph have both been really impressive for San Antonio.

Darn fine bench players.

« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2014, 10:10:41 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Geeze the Spurs have a great system/coach/culture. They're doing all of this with their bench. Such a great basketball team.

« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2014, 10:11:14 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Aron Baynes and Corey Joseph have both been really impressive for San Antonio.

Darn fine bench players.

Yeah SA is impressive even when their stars aren't playing.  It is pretty amazing.  Guys just step up.

« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2014, 10:11:37 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Greg Smith has not improved at all since breaking into the Rockets team 2 years ago.

It's a shame because he has a pretty nice offensive game. Just needed to hone up on the basics defensively. He'd be a regular rotation guy for next 6-8 years if he just did that. Wasting his NBA opportunities.

« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2014, 10:11:38 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I HAVE seen enough to disagree with LarBird33 Dallas will be a much better team once these guys understand that when Rondo has the ball he is always in attack mode and he can pass the ball to you wherever you are, and from anywhere on the court. They have robbed him off many assists tonight because they are just surprised by his passes.
I have seen enough to agree with LarBird33.  Dallas was the best offensive team in the league and Rondo isnt' going to move the needle much.  THey are currently losing to the Spurs exhausted bench members a day after San Antonio's overtime game. 

« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2014, 10:12:28 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
It's pretty obvious Rondo was mailing it in this season in Boston and also needs better teammates to excel

Not sure if this is sarcsm or not lol He'd be putting up the same numbers on the C's right now, but the eye test sure does say he's playing alot harder and with more aggression with the Mavs, especially on D.

« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2014, 10:14:21 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
I think Rondo's defensive effort has been the exact same. He just has Tyson Chandler standing behind him now instead of Sullinger, Olynyk, Bass.

« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2014, 10:15:25 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I HAVE seen enough to disagree with LarBird33 Dallas will be a much better team once these guys understand that when Rondo has the ball he is always in attack mode and he can pass the ball to you wherever you are, and from anywhere on the court. They have robbed him off many assists tonight because they are just surprised by his passes.
I have seen enough to agree with LarBird33.  Dallas was the best offensive team in the league and Rondo isnt' going to move the needle much.  THey are currently losing to the Spurs exhausted bench members a day after San Antonio's overtime game.

BB is all about timing the Mavericks are just a tad bit off on the timing with their new teammate. The Spurs are a well-oiled machine. Once Dallas gets their timing down with their new PG, watch out.

« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2014, 10:15:33 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Baynes has got a really nice hook shot.

« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2014, 10:16:05 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Dirk 2-11, Parsons 5-14.

« Reply #101 on: December 20, 2014, 10:17:05 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Dirk 2-11, Parsons 5-14.
... Dat spacing

WHile everyone is ga-ga over Rondo's stats, note that they are losing to San Antonio's bench warmers... and the Mavericks, previously the league's highest scoring most efficient team, is shooting 37% with Rondo at the helm. 

Let's see what happens in the 4th quarter if they leave Rondo out there. 

Long term, I think Rondo should bring enough to the table to make up for his deficiencies.  But Dallas will need to adapt to him. 

« Reply #102 on: December 20, 2014, 10:17:06 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
I think Rondo's defensive effort has been the exact same. He just has Tyson Chandler standing behind him now instead of Sullinger, Olynyk, Bass.

I don't know. I'm seeing an effort change not necessarily defensive efficiency or anything. He HARDLY EVER tried fighting through screens in Boston; tonight he's much more active and trying to get around them.

« Reply #103 on: December 20, 2014, 10:17:13 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Me too.

« Reply #104 on: December 20, 2014, 10:18:35 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
Classic Rondo... gets surrounded with hall of fame talent, but he's still losing to the Spurs C-Team.  Close to getting a triple double, though.

Well Dirk is having an awful night. Imagine if the real Spurs were playing, but we must remember that Pop has his squad prepared top to bottom.