Author Topic: RONDO first game with Dallas about to Start  (Read 44819 times)

Re: RONDO first game with Dallas about to Start
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2014, 09:32:55 PM »

Offline Sievers81

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29
I didn't think Rondo would have the same rebounding numbers in Dallas as he did in Boston, but so far he's proving me wrong.

Mavs are one of the worst defensive rebounding teams in the league. This is one of the big reasons they grabbed him.

« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2014, 09:32:57 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
You know, i can't believe Rondo.  He plays proper man to man defense now??

He is playing alot more desperate .  All i asked was for him to play like this consistently

Rondo has never been a consistent effort guy, and the rebuild just exacerbated it due to him being asked to do too much. He'll probably be better defensively here, because he's asked to do so much less.

And maybe because he just can finally play without worrying about any uncertainties about his future.

I don't get it, I've watched Celtics games this year, I think his play has been the same. A little more active, but the same.

I haven't noticed much difference tonight, but you could expect he'd bring his A-game for the first game with his new team.

« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2014, 09:33:41 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I bet he goes with Harris tonight because Rondo is not yet comfortable with this team. Once he is watch out!!!!

« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2014, 09:33:41 PM »

Offline chrismcc13

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Rondo sitting again.  His stats so far in 14 minutes of play:  6 rebounds (2 offensive, 4 defensive), 5 assists, 3 TO's, 1 foul, and (drumroll) zero points.  Not bad considering the circumstances of a midseason trade to a different conference.

« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2014, 09:34:30 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

He is playing alot more desperate .  All i asked was for him to play like this consistently

Rondo has never been a consistent effort guy, and the rebuild just exacerbated it due to him being asked to do too much. He'll probably be better defensively here, because he's asked to do so much less.

Who is in the NBA?

Marcus Smart!  ;) But seriously, Rondo took it to a whole new level. That's exactly why the whole stereotype of playoff/national t.v. Rondo was born.

« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2014, 09:34:58 PM »

Offline bballdog384

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
  • Rondolope
So the best offense in the league only manages 42 points in Rondo's first half
"You can't play like a robot" -Coach Stevens

« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2014, 09:37:38 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
So the best offense in the league only manages 42 points in Rondo's first half

He only played 14 minutes.

« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2014, 09:38:36 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Rondo was a bit jittery out there in the first half. Trying to hard to please new teammates at times. Still, a good first half debut. Made some exciting plays and had some great effort plays.

« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2014, 09:40:56 PM »

Offline chrismcc13

• Xavier Tillman
Something I've pondered with RR is when coaches are sitting him in late game situations because of bad Free Throw %: is this a wake up call to him causing him to work harder and improve as a free throw shooter, or does it further hurt his confidence at the line, or both?

He's such a mentally strong player and competitor, but this is one aspect of his game where he seems fragile.  I really hope he can overcome it, as all indications are that he knocks them down in practice.  Yes, some people will say he is what he is at this point in his career, and I can't totally disagree, but anything can happen in this league.

« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2014, 09:42:14 PM »

Offline chrismcc13

• Xavier Tillman
One more Rondo stat: He is a +6 in his 14 minutes, highest on the team (if you believe in those kind of stats).

« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2014, 09:42:23 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
These guys are going to have to learn that Rondo passes up layups for more low percentage assists, and the Dallas crowd will need TMJ treatment for all the WOWs they are Wowing tonight.

Yeah, Rondo definitely should have taken a layup on one play but instead passed it out slightly off target to a surprised teammate.

Totally lost his guy on defense on one possession which resulted in a wide open missed 3.

« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2014, 09:42:42 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Rondo was a bit jittery out there in the first half. Trying to hard to please new teammates at times. Still, a good first half debut. Made some exciting plays and had some great effort plays.
rondo is one of the smartest players in the nba. he will figure out the mavs players quick enough. odd to see him in another uniform.

i wish him luck, but hope the celtics beat the tar out of him in january.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2014, 09:52:11 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

And maybe because he just can finally play without worrying about any uncertainties about his future.

I don't get it, I've watched Celtics games this year, I think his play has been the same. A little more active, but the same.

I haven't noticed much difference tonight, but you could expect he'd bring his A-game for the first game with his new team.
same thing could be said of the C's last night.  we'll have to see if the people gloating over the team's play will have something to gloat about as the team progresses through the season

« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2014, 09:52:40 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
just curious, is the game on a national network?

« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2014, 09:53:27 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
NO