Author Topic: Jeff Green  (Read 4652 times)

Jeff Green
« on: December 20, 2014, 07:41:24 PM »

Offline Pelicans fan

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 0
Hey guys im a pelicans fan. i will get that out the way first. Multiple sources suggest that we are interested in adding Jeff Green through trade. im just interested to find out what celtics fans think about fit and what do you think would be a good trade if anything 

Re: Jeff Green
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 07:49:52 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Hey guys im a pelicans fan. i will get that out the way first. Multiple sources suggest that we are interested in adding Jeff Green through trade. im just interested to find out what celtics fans think about fit and what do you think would be a good trade if anything
Welcome, Pelicans fan.   Heck of a young foundation you have there in Anthony Davis.   I'm jelly.

I've read multiple sources say that Green will be traded to the first team that offers up a 1st for him.  You guys could very likely have him for a protected 1st. 

He's a solid scorer.  He's athletic, explosive, can get to the rack and is a pretty reasonable shooter.  He plays mediocre defense.  He pulls down a couple rebounds.   

You guys already have Tyreke Evans playing really well.  Does he fill the SF position currently?  I'd see your starting lineup as PG - Holiday, SG - Evans, SF - Green, PF - Davis, C - Asik...  that's a pretty solid lineup right there.  Green is more than capable of being the 2nd or 3rd best scorer and that would likely be what he'd be there. 

Sounds like Eric Gordon (who has been pretty terrible) is injured again and will be out at least 3-4 weeks if he passes on surgery.  The move would be a good one for you guys. 

But I'm honestly not sure if there are many teams lining up to give up 1st rounders for Jeff Green.  Wouldn't be surprised to see Ainge take less inevitably.  But we'd need an expiring contract.

The trouble I have is seeing how you guys could give us enough expiring contracts to make the deal work from our perspective.   In looking at your roster, the only guy with an expiring contract that large is actually Omer Asik... who I'd take a wild guess isn't available. 

But that's interesting a bit, because Asik for Green would potentially solve both of our problems.  If gives Boston a much-needed defensive center... you could move Davis back to center and start Ryan Anderson... leaving you with PG - Holiday, SG - Evans, SF - Green, PF - Anderson - C - Davis...

But that's probably a wild celtic homer pipe dream on my part.

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 08:07:49 PM »

Offline Pelicans fan

• JD Davison
Tyreke can play the 3 but i think (hope) pelicans see him more as a 2. With tyreke on the court we would need to stretch the floor with shooters for AD. Jrue can play very well off the ball as a shooter, that's where i would hope that if the two teams can make a trade that's where Green would fit in.

As far as Eric Gordon even when healthy doesn't fit the system, doesnt play well enough off the ball. He is owed 15mil with a PO.

Problem is we dont own our first next year because of the Asik trade, 1-3 20-30 protected. We would have to get creative, something surrounding Green Wallace for Gordon i think would help our end.

Also from a Pelicans Fan your forum is awesome it has so much activity. Looks like so many passionate fans. Awesome job

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 08:08:35 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Pelicans are under the tax threshold which is big deal. It allows trades of 150%+100k. So they can take Green and Wallace for Gordon and a protected 1st. DA might bite on that because it saves $ for ownership this year, gives them a bigger exp contract for trade in 2015 and a first.

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 08:11:31 PM »

Offline Pelicans fan

• JD Davison
Also it would be interesting to see what first convo would be between Gerald Wallace and Ryan Anderson. There was no malice in it but Wallace did end Rynos season last year.

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 08:14:30 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Pelicans are under the tax threshold which is big deal. It allows trades of 150%+100k. So they can take Green and Wallace for Gordon and a protected 1st. DA might bite on that because it saves $ for ownership this year, gives them a bigger exp contract for trade in 2015 and a first.

How many years left on EG's deal?

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 08:19:59 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

Two years same as Wallace's contract but Gordon gets 14 instead of 10 like Wallace. So next year it is expiring but a bigger asset than Wallace.

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 08:22:08 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

Two years same as Wallace's contract but Gordon gets 14 instead of 10 like Wallace. So next year it is expiring but a bigger asset than Wallace.

I think I would even do this for a couple of second rounders because as you said EG is probably more tradeable than Wallace next year.

Would rather have a first though. Cough it up Pellies, you don't need them now with AD.  ;)

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 08:28:19 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Problem is they already traded their pick (protected) to Houston, so it would be a waiting game until we could actually get a 1st from them. 

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2014, 08:33:54 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
I have no problem waiting on a first. Just add it to the 2017 or 2018 draft stock pile.

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 08:45:49 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Green + Wallace for Gordon at least gives us a little extra cap space next year. 

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2014, 08:56:08 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Green + Wallace for Gordon at least gives us a little extra cap space next year.

But not if Green chooses to forego the last year of his contract, right?

I would do this deal if it included a 1st in, say, 2017 or 18. We could even send back a 2nd to even out things a bit. Eric Gordon was once a very good player and could be considerably more useful than Wallace next year. I don't know, though, it may not be enough to move the needle either way and I like Green more than a late first and four mill in extra salary in 2015-16.

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2014, 09:03:08 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
Tyreke can play the 3 but i think (hope) pelicans see him more as a 2. With tyreke on the court we would need to stretch the floor with shooters for AD. Jrue can play very well off the ball as a shooter, that's where i would hope that if the two teams can make a trade that's where Green would fit in.

As far as Eric Gordon even when healthy doesn't fit the system, doesnt play well enough off the ball. He is owed 15mil with a PO.

Problem is we dont own our first next year because of the Asik trade, 1-3 20-30 protected. We would have to get creative, something surrounding Green Wallace for Gordon i think would help our end.

Also from a Pelicans Fan your forum is awesome it has so much activity. Looks like so many passionate fans. Awesome job

Hey it is always good to see fans from other teams join in on the fun.  I think green would be a nice addition to the pelicans.  LarBrd33 is right, Ainge is probably looking for a protected 1st round pick.  It is really not clear how much green is worth.  He is having a great year, probably his best ever.  That might be an one year thing who knows.  Green has been criticized a lot around here for not being the next Paul Pierce, but he was really never that level of player.  If you aren't expecting a superstar, Green is a really talented player.

Yeah as a group we are so jealous of you guys having a foundation player like Davis. 

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2014, 09:28:05 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
since we're very much in firesale mode now, I could live with Green and Wallace for Gordon and a protected 1st in 2017, less protected in 2018 with no protection in 2019.

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2014, 09:29:11 PM »

Offline Pelicans fan

• JD Davison
AD is doing some things this year that even the biggest Pelican fans go wow. Very young and the team looks to him to be the leader if only he had that Garnett rage or Noah intensity would be the only knock on him right now. That will come with experience.

Also team owner is win now mode thats the reason for the asik trade. Only problem is we are in the same division as Spurs Rockets Grizzles and Mavs no easy wins there. Gotta do something to win now to make AD wanna stay, dont want another CP3 thing to happen. Thanks for chat. All the best