Author Topic: Boom or Bust Rondo with the MAVS?  (Read 1057 times)

Boom or Bust Rondo with the MAVS?
« on: December 20, 2014, 07:20:41 PM »

Online The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597
  I personally think they are in for a rude awakening if they think that Rondo is going to be able to rejuvenate their defense!   If he does not have some extra gear that he was not using in Boston it could get real ugly.  Dallas has 5 of their next 6 games at home against a pretty tough schedule before coming to Boston on Jan. 2nd.  I hate to say it but I think this is going to be ugly for both the MAVS and Rondo!

Re: Boom or Bust Rondo with the MAVS?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 05:48:14 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Even though SA had a lot of guys out they looked good for the first time playing together Ellis and Parsons still got theirs.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 06:14:40 AM »

Offline Rhyso

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
Did you watch the Mavs-Spurs game?

Rondo was fantastic on defense, stayed in front of his man, didn't gamble, fought through picks and played the passing lanes. Yes he played against the Spurs second unit, but I haven't seen Rondo play defense with anywhere near that amount of effort since the 2010-12 playoff days. The Mavs defensive problems are from Dirk, Jefferson, and their backup Center imo.

Also, can anybody name a series where Rondo was outplayed by an opposing point guard?

Edit: He also drew 3 (4?) charges, I wouldn't have believed it if i didn't see it.

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 06:44:48 AM »

Offline bobbyv

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32

Rondo was fantastic on defense, stayed in front of his man, didn't gamble, fought through picks and played the passing lanes. Yes he played against the Spurs second unit, but I haven't seen Rondo play defense with anywhere near that amount of effort since the 2010-12 playoff days. The Mavs defensive problems are from Dirk, Jefferson, and their backup Center imo.

Also, can anybody name a series where Rondo was outplayed by an opposing point guard?

Edit: He also drew 3 (4?) charges, I wouldn't have believed it if i didn't see it.

This, although east pgs have been weak until recently.

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 06:46:25 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

TP.

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 07:16:47 AM »

Online Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
Rondo should blend in well with the Mavericks. He is surrounded with excellent shooters. This should take the 'need-to-score' pressure off of him and may make him a more effective scorer.   Wright might be an example of what I mean.  He mostly took high percentage shots during his stay.  Thus, his offensive weaknesses were masked in Dallas' system.  My guess is the same thing may happen in Dallas for Rajon.  Time will tell.