Author Topic: WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THE TRADE EXCEPTION !  (Read 4310 times)

Re: WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THE TRADE EXCEPTION !
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2014, 07:28:32 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
I think Ainge has set you up to do even better than Monroe. That's what he's waiting for.

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2014, 07:41:53 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
isn't the TPE basically only useful over the next two months?  We have cap space this summer... if we want to use the cap space, we have to waive the TPE, right?

we could use it to get greg monroe and still have enough to make a deal on draft night , is this correct anyone?
Problem with  Monroe is that if he agrees to a trade, he loses his Bird rights and loses out on getting maximum money. 

But is Greg Monroe really getting max money??  I mean... we could just trade Bass and a 1st for Monroe  (pistons apparently want a 1st in return), but then we'd need to convince Monroe to waive his bird rights.

With the TPE, you could probably bring in Lance Stephenson if you want.

No one is giving Monroe more than 15 mil a year, if this is this case it wouldn't matter if we had bird rights, right ?
agreed

Still, we wouldn't need to use the TPE to bring him in.  They want a 1st... give them Bass and a 1st.

Trade Green for a 1st and expiring contract.

Use the TPE to bring in Lance Stephenson or something

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2014, 07:49:49 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Simmer down now. Last 10million $ TPE we had got us Zeller, bottom 1st and Thornton. Not exactly franchise changing asset/players. Danny has to do better with this TPE not wait till day it expires.

Has to do better ? You're kidding, right ?

I'd give that use of a TPE an A++. I know about 99% of GM's would grade it the same.

Double simmer down now, A++?

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2014, 08:32:33 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
isn't the TPE basically only useful over the next two months?  We have cap space this summer... if we want to use the cap space, we have to waive the TPE, right?

Basically yes.

This totally changes my whole opinion of the TPE. I guess I was [wrongly] under the impression that we had it for one year, regardless of our cap space, meaning we could sign two very good players this off-season and then use the TPE to bring in somebody else.

Anyone we use it on over the next two months would just eat up cap space this summer anyway. I already hated the deal, but this makes it even grosser.

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2014, 09:03:26 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
Simmer down now. Last 10million $ TPE we had got us Zeller, bottom 1st and Thornton. Not exactly franchise changing asset/players. Danny has to do better with this TPE not wait till day it expires.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybmPHD7FPcQ

TP for the Simmer Down Video.

And yes, Simmer Down!

If Red were alive he would almost be as upset with Danny for trading Rondo for those scrubs as he was at John Y Brown for trading the three 1st rounders for Bob McAdoo.

Mark Cuban just lit up a cigar and is laughing all the way to Shark Tank.
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2014, 10:03:17 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybmPHD7FPcQ

TP for the Simmer Down Video.

And yes, Simmer Down!

If Red were alive he would almost be as upset with Danny for trading Rondo for those scrubs as he was at John Y Brown for trading the three 1st rounders for Bob McAdoo.

Mark Cuban just lit up a cigar and is laughing all the way to Shark Tank.

So we should've kept Rondo, KG and Pierce

Had a lineup of
Rondo
Bradley
Pierce
KG
Sully

And get absolutely embarrassed first round of playoffs until pierce and kg retire and we raise their numbers up next to the banners!

Seriously this was the best trade avaliable to speed up the rebuilding process.