Author Topic: WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THE TRADE EXCEPTION !  (Read 4311 times)

WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THE TRADE EXCEPTION !
« on: December 20, 2014, 06:53:13 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
 Danny is currently orchestrating a GM 101 class. Guy is turning this team into a title contender before our eyes. This was a great trade, it's been upsetting me ever since the trade went down or was even rumored to go down how the Radio people and people on the forum have been saying how terrible this trade was. Rondo is a free agent this season, hasn't averaged over 12 ppg in idk how many years, and PG's are as easy to find now a days as water on this earth. Now I'm not down playing how good rondo is but let's face it he's not A SuperStar, he's an All-Star, and signing an All-Star to a max deal without any other all stars coming to town doesn't bring a championship. Also he wasn't going to resign here to begin with.

We received, two very good bench players to a contending team one in which is a RFA after this season which is a benefit for contending teams in Brandon wright and Jae Crowder. We also received Jameer Nelson who was a throw in but is also only receiving  around 5 million over the next two years, so it's not like he doesn't have a team friendly contract or a contract that is imovable. We also received a 1st rounder THAT at WORST will be a Mid round draft choice. The protections are 1-3 and 20-30 this year, which IMO is very possible that we receive it this year and pick around 10-15 ! Very possible that Mavericks don't make the playoffs this year, they are currently 7th in a loaded Western Conference. If not then I doubt the Mavs are the 1 seed next year , we should be receiving a decent 1st from them to go along with our other 5 firsts in the next two years. We also received another 2nd in which we have 4 in the next two years as well.

NOW TO Get to the point I started this thread to begin with. We received a $13 million Trade exception in this trade. Which I don't understand why it is going under the bus like it's not a big deal.     Danny used a $10.3 million Trade exception to net us Thorton, Tyler Zeller and a 1st rounder. You think a $13 million dollar trade exception won't also net us something even better?

Let's take a look at some possibilities
We could use the exception, to trade Gerald Wallace, we could acquire an expiring contract that a team is Dieng to get rid of and would throw in a 1st to do so or young talent, or we can cash in all our assets and in doing so send out less money and bring in a Superstar who's disgruntled or is making too much for their team to keep him.

So Danny has all these in his tool box

6 first rounders next two years ( ours, mavs, Cavs, Clip, Nets)
4 2nd rounders next two years ( ours, 2 philly 2nds)
Brandon Wright
Jae Crowder
Jeff Green
Sully or Kelly
Brandon Bass(Expiring)
$13 million dollar Trade Exception

And two not so much of great assets but it isn't like they are liabilities in a deal
Evan Turner (not very expensive contract)
Jameer Nelson ( basically an expiring because he has a player option next year but is also only making 3 mill next year).

Now looking at everything, Ainge has a lot he can do here and I believe will, if not we will have Boatloads of money next offseason and can offer two to three Max deals if I'm not mistakin with only Kelly, Sully, Smart and Avery under contract.

Re: WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THE TRADE EXCEPTION !
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 06:58:08 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Simmer down now. Last 10million $ TPE we had got us Zeller, bottom 1st and Thornton. Not exactly franchise changing asset/players. Danny has to do better with this TPE not wait till day it expires.

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 07:09:58 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I forget the CBA rules, can we package trade exemption with draft picks to trade for a player (e.g., Larry Sanders)?  I know we can't add players with TPE, but can't we package them with pick(s)? Or at least we can package pick with a second trade to same team, as a loophole?? I think this was discussed when we were trying how to use our last TPE to get Asik from Houston.

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 07:11:52 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I forget the CBA rules, can we package trade exemption with draft picks to trade for a player (e.g., Larry Sanders)?  I know we can't add players with TPE, but can't we package them with pick(s)?

Yes.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 07:13:12 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I forget the CBA rules, can we package trade exemption with draft picks to trade for a player (e.g., Larry Sanders)?  I know we can't add players with TPE, but can't we package them with pick(s)? Or at least we can package pick with a second trade to same team, as a loophole?? I think this was discussed when we were trying how to use our last TPE to get Asik from Houston.

yes I believe you can trade picks with TPE's

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 07:13:54 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Simmer down now. Last 10million $ TPE we had got us Zeller, bottom 1st and Thornton. Not exactly franchise changing asset/players. Danny has to do better with this TPE not wait till day it expires.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybmPHD7FPcQ

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 07:17:17 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Danny Ainge is a great GM.

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 07:20:02 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
isn't the TPE basically only useful over the next two months?  We have cap space this summer... if we want to use the cap space, we have to waive the TPE, right?

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 07:22:13 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134

Has to do better ? You're kidding, right ?

I'd give that use of a TPE an A++. I know about 99% of GM's would grade it the same.

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2014, 07:22:34 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
isn't the TPE basically only useful over the next two months?  We have cap space this summer... if we want to use the cap space, we have to waive the TPE, right?

we could use it to get greg monroe and still have enough to make a deal on draft night , is this correct anyone?

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 07:22:59 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Clearly there's only one thing we can do here...

Use the TPE to bring KG back here for his retirement party.   If we are going to get rid of it this summer anyways (so we can use our cap space), we might as well.

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2014, 07:23:14 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Basically yes.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2014, 07:26:29 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
Danny Ainge is a great GM.

It's amazing how much criticism a guy like this gets on these message boards. You'd think his name was Billy King. You'd think you have 0 picks in the next drafts to rebuild with instead of like 900.

Every nba team & their fan base would die to sign this guy up to run their team. Especially Brooklyn, New York, & Sacramento. Phoenix would love him back as well.

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2014, 07:26:42 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

we could use it to get greg monroe and still have enough to make a deal on draft night , is this correct anyone?
Problem with  Monroe is that if he agrees to a trade, he loses his Bird rights and loses out on getting maximum money. 

But is Greg Monroe really getting max money??  I mean... we could just trade Bass and a 1st for Monroe  (pistons apparently want a 1st in return), but then we'd need to convince Monroe to waive his bird rights.

With the TPE, you could probably bring in Lance Stephenson if you want.

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2014, 07:28:32 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Problem with  Monroe is that if he agrees to a trade, he loses his Bird rights and loses out on getting maximum money. 

But is Greg Monroe really getting max money??  I mean... we could just trade Bass and a 1st for Monroe  (pistons apparently want a 1st in return), but then we'd need to convince Monroe to waive his bird rights.

With the TPE, you could probably bring in Lance Stephenson if you want.

No one is giving Monroe more than 15 mil a year, if this is this case it wouldn't matter if we had bird rights, right ?