Author Topic: Nets and Kings Discussing Deron Williams Trade per Woj  (Read 10053 times)

Re: Nets and Kings Discussing Deron Williams Trade per Woj
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2014, 02:10:33 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Bottom line - I feel bad for KG and Joe. :'(

Yeah, but they do get to play basketball for a living and live in mansions.

hahaha.  ok that puts it in perspective.  thank you!

Lol, I know that. ;D I was more so talking about two stars stuck who are stuck on a crappy team in what is likely KG's final campaign.  That's all I meant.  I wasn't talking about dat dough. ;) ;D

« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2014, 02:12:09 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I think that we should revive the turd discussion, btw, as long as we're talking about anything concerning Deron Williams, lol. ;D

« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2014, 02:54:46 AM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
The Nets are just trying to clear the books as much as possible. They finally realized their team was insanely old and expensive, on top of not being a contender. They're gonna do whatever they can to gain some cap space.

Mark my words, Brooklyn is gonna go after every middling non-star level talent after missing out on whatever big fish there are. They really can't build through the draft, we have their picks. So they're gonna go after every Isiah Thomas level player they can get for a decent price. They'll do everything they can to be mediocre. Those picks will be 10-19

« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2014, 04:01:01 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
The Nets are just trying to clear the books as much as possible. They finally realized their team was insanely old and expensive, on top of not being a contender. They're gonna do whatever they can to gain some cap space.

Mark my words, Brooklyn is gonna go after every middling non-star level talent after missing out on whatever big fish there are. They really can't build through the draft, we have their picks. So they're gonna go after every Isiah Thomas level player they can get for a decent price. They'll do everything they can to be mediocre. Those picks will be 10-19

You might be right, but Nets fans on the Real GM board are salivating over having virtually no one on the books(Bogdanovic 3.5 mil) after 15-16 if DWill is moved, so they can really go after some big fish. Ideally, they do do that, and strike out completely.

« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2014, 04:25:06 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

The 10th pick in the 2010 draft was Paul George.  A pick in that range every year for three years is going to be huge.

Mike

« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2014, 04:32:04 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

The 10th pick in the 2010 draft was Paul George.  A pick in that range every year for three years is going to be huge.

Mike

TP. I'll take a guaranteed late lotto/mid 1st rounder for three straight years on top of our own any day. Besides, the Nets are probably going to be worse than this. 2016 will almost certainly yield a higher pick because I doubt they can move Joe Johnson and they're simply not going to be able to attract the stars it will need to take to turn that franchise around in only a year and a half.

You might be right, but Nets fans on the Real GM board are salivating over having virtually no one on the books(Bogdanovic 3.5 mil) after 15-16 if DWill is moved, so they can really go after some big fish. Ideally, they do do that, and strike out completely.

They'll throw the kitchen sink at a player like Luol Deng or IT (as BDeCosta26 said) and consistently miss the playoffs or just barely make it in.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2014, 04:47:29 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I guess we'll find out this summer. I'm not sure from our perspective which approach I'd prefer.

« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2014, 06:33:54 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=12072629

Talks between the Sacramento Kings and Brooklyn Nets about a trade involving Nets star Deron Williams have cooled, according to league sources.

Sacramento had recently initiated talks with the Nets, proposing a deal for Williams and second-year forward Mason Plumlee, who was actually the Kings' main target, sources said.

While talks have slowed, a potential deal for Williams is not completely dead, according to sources. Sacramento was interested in acquiring Rajon Rondo, who was recently traded from Boston to Dallas, so it could remain in the market for a point guard.

One source said he expects talks between the two clubs to continue until the trade deadline in February.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/