Author Topic: Nets and Kings Discussing Deron Williams Trade per Woj  (Read 10079 times)

Re: Nets and Kings Discussing Deron Williams Trade per Woj
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2014, 07:41:21 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Saying collision, Thompson and Derrick Williams. Nice deal for the C'sss
Don't like it for the Kings. They are going to get hemmed in to a 45-50 win team if not careful.

I think they would be better off keeping cap flexibility and looking for a better move further down the road. Deron Williams hasn't been good enough in recent times to justify this type of risk (in lost flexibility more so than talent going out in trade).

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2014, 07:43:48 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
bet its for mclemore , then they trade Joe Johnson for more assets. They should still stink though .

Wonder where KG is going?

I kind of wish KG would take a buyout and join Rondo in Dallas. Not only would Rondo and KG be reunited, but how crazy would it be to see Dirk and KG on the same team?

KG is toast, don't you think?  Maybe has some defensive intensity left in the tank. Certainly leadership.  But how would Mavs trade matching salaries?

he would be a perfect brandan wright replacement , He can still hit a 15 ft j and play defense . He needs to get bought out though.
This is actually a really solid idea.  Dallas should definitely be in the mix when KG is bought out.   He's certainly an upgrade over Jermaine O'neal at this point.  KG hasn't been having a bad season.

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2014, 07:45:46 PM »

Offline cletus1985

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 408
Are the Nets just looking to clear cap space? If so would we be willing to roll the dice on Lopez and see what we can do next year in free agency with an all star big on the roster? Something along these lines:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=p3jb6lh

Nets get out of luxury tax quick and add some pieces in Stauskas and Green. They would probably end up still making the playoffs in the east and remain a 7th or 8th seed.

Jack
JJ
Green
Bass
Plumlee

Not a terrible team and they get some flexibility next year.

We probably still end up in the lotto with Lopez injured, KG tutors our young guys and brings some fire, and we try to add an all star to join Lopez next year and become a young competitor.

You can definitely swap some pieces here depending on what the Nets want/ Kings are willing to give, but the base of the trade depends on taking back Lopez and hoping he can stay healthy. Would you be willing to take that chance if the Nets were ready to dump salary? Or would you rather try to draft our next cornerstones and hope we can make a splash in a few years in FA?

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2014, 07:47:06 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
That would be a good deal for the Nets. Get out from under Deron's contract.

Move Jason Thompson in a separate move. Probably can't move JJ. Move Brook Lopez. Rebuild via free agency. Odds are they can build a better team than the one they have right now. JJ's contract expires in another 18 months. Add another major piece then.

But what FA would go there? Because it's NY? Because of Jay-Z? They just strike me as a franchise in disarray, as Kidd's bolting the team this summer would indicate.

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2014, 07:48:44 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
That would be a good deal for the Nets. Get out from under Deron's contract.

Move Jason Thompson in a separate move. Probably can't move JJ. Move Brook Lopez. Rebuild via free agency. Odds are they can build a better team than the one they have right now. JJ's contract expires in another 18 months. Add another major piece then.

But what FA would go there? Because it's NY? Because of Jay-Z? They just strike me as a franchise in disarray, as Kidd's bolting the team this summer would indicate.

Yes

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2014, 08:06:27 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I think that this trade would make the Kings worse.  Collison has played very well with the Kings, and there seems to be some chemistry between him, Cousins, and McLemore.  Plus, the Kings would be getting even weaker at PF, if that's even possible.

Deron has shown himself to be an injury-prone, lazy, malcontent.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2014, 08:12:50 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I think that this trade would make the Kings worse.  Collison has played very well with the Kings, and there seems to be some chemistry between him, Cousins, and McLemore.  Plus, the Kings would be getting even weaker at PF, if that's even possible.

D williams is overrated. This is a decent grab by the nets. Kings not willing to give up a pick or stauskus i see (what danny would of wanted back )

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2014, 08:13:37 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Sac wants Mason Plumlee included but Brooklyn is reluctant

Sacramento has significant interest with Williams, but a hurdle to a possible deal is the Kings’ desire to have center Mason Plumlee included into the package, league sources said. Brooklyn has considered Plumlee a significant part of its future core.

*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2014, 08:23:02 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Wait! I thought it was Rondo!  ;D

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2014, 08:30:37 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I wonder if DWill will be rejuvenated in Sacto similar to Rudy. I also wonder if he'll play off the ball more.

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2014, 08:38:34 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Lol that would be hilarious if the Nets got Mclemore for deron.  Talk about a gut punch.

TP - my thoughts exactly going into the thread.

Not a great deal for either team, but maybe Williams can regain some of his old form out west, and the Nets are just clearing the books. I would be surprised if they had to include Plumlee - yikes for them. I guess it bodes well for our 2016 pick, assuming they don't sign every available quality FA this summer.

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2014, 08:43:14 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I wonder if we could take back Lopez and get Mclemore as the reward...

Brooklyn gets: Trade exception, Bass, Tristan Thompson

Sacramento gets: Deron Williams

Boston gets: Lopez, Mclemore

Get Lopez for 12 months but just waive him or flip him to a team with a trade exception. Or keep him if you really want to- would be good for Olynyk and Sully's development.

Starting unit:

Smart
Mclemore
Green
Sully
Lopez

Or waive Lopez, trade Green and go:
Smart
Mclemore
Young
Sully
Zeller

That's a seriously good three point shooting team with Olynyk and Avery off the bench.
Brooklyn might want the clippers  pick but is give it to them for Ben Mac.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2014, 08:47:26 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

I agree 100% ......he is all that .

I think the Kings are now back in the panick mode to upgrade .....or loose Cousins  or see his attitude change and want off the team ...force a trade. 

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2014, 08:51:41 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
bet its for mclemore , then they trade Joe Johnson for more assets. They should still stink though .

I kind of wish KG would take a buyout and join Rondo in Dallas. Not only would Rondo and KG be reunited, but how crazy would it be to see Dirk and KG on the same team?

I'd be all for this RA

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2014, 08:52:55 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I'd be all for this RA

That'd make me crazy happy. Plus the defensive intensity of Tyson and KG? I'd like that.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman