Author Topic: 2015 Potential Cap room and trade exceptions?  (Read 939 times)

2015 Potential Cap room and trade exceptions?
« on: December 20, 2014, 06:43:29 PM »

Offline JMRJAYDIGGLES

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 0
I think we are set up to offer a couple max deals correct?

Whats our cap space looking like?

Like we could sign a couple (2 players) for 15 to 20 Million right? 

Then you can use the 5 Million if your over right? 

Then we have some Trade Exceptions?  12.9Million and 1 Million left from Hump? 

If we can flip Wallace and some picks we could get 3 All Stars?   

Re: 2015 Potential Cap room and trade exceptions?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 06:58:12 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
If we keep Green, I think we have 43 on the books.  So only about 23 mil in cap space... but our rookies will eat into that a bit.  So really you're looking at enough cap room to bring in 1 max contract guy...

but the trade exception would have to be waived to do that.  So I'm not really sure how useful that trade exception will actually be.  We could use it now to bring in a player, but then we obviously would have dramatically less cap room this summer.

Really it's a shame we couldn't dump Wallace's contract in the Rondo deal.  I'm also in favor of dumping Bradley on Jan 15th when he can be moved... he makes too much money.  8 mil is a lot to pay for him.

Good news is that we'll probably trade Jeff Green for a 1st or 2nd round pick before the trade deadline... so we should be looking at about 30 mil in cap space... more like 25 mil after our rookies.  So that's enough to sign a couple solid players. 

Re: 2015 Potential Cap room and trade exceptions?
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 07:00:27 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
As LarBrd33 mentioned, you don't get the trade exception *and* cap room.  The amount of the exception acts as a "hold" on our salary cap until it's used, expires, or is renounced.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes