Author Topic: Green for MKG?  (Read 1647 times)

Green for MKG?
« on: December 20, 2014, 05:05:49 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I would like that. If we're rebuilding, we would have a team full of hustle, team first type of players. Spacing would be terrible, but Green has no future here.

I would also take a flier on Shabazz Muhammad.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: Green for MKG?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 05:31:22 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I would like that. If we're rebuilding, we would have a team full of hustle, team first type of players. Spacing would be terrible, but Green has no future here.

I would also take a flier on Shabazz Muhammad.
Still not a fan of MKG.  Would want something more than salary filler sent with him.

I do admit that Shabazz has looked much better this year.  Could be a pretty good SG in this league when so few are around

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 05:32:08 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I would love that... But it sounds like green is readily available to the first team that offers a protected 1st and thus far nobody is willing to do that... So I sincerely doubt we could get mkg.

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 05:32:53 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I would love that... But it sounds like green is readily available to the first team that offers a protected 1st and thus far nobody is willing to do that... So I sincerely doubt we could get mkg.
I kind of agree with this

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 05:36:45 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
I kind of agree with this

"On Wednesday, Yahoo Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski and Marc Spears reported what the Celtics might be looking for in a potential Green deal:

"Boston has been consistently shopping forward Jeff Green, trying to acquire a package that includes a first-round draft pick, sources said.""

Green can opt out this summer. Based on what we just got for rondo we will probably settle for a 2nd rounder for green.  Mkg is worth more than a protected 1st. He is a blossoming 21 year old with tons of potential left.

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 05:44:24 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
That said, there's a possibility Jeff Green has more trade value than ROndo.  Teams value above-average scoring over elite-playmaking.  PG is the most loaded position in the league... finding quality starter-level SF's is a bit harder to come by.  If I had to put money on it, I'd say we'll find someone to give up a 1st for Green.