Author Topic: Rondo debuts for Mavs tonight  (Read 1640 times)

Rondo debuts for Mavs tonight
« on: December 20, 2014, 01:38:28 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Rondo has taken his talent to Dallas too bad his first game will be against a worn Spurs team coming off consecutive triple overtime games.

I now find myself looking to see how Rondo will fair on the Mavericks.

Goodluck to RR I hope he does well with Mavs and wins a championship this year.

Re: Rondo debuts for Mavs tonight
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 01:43:26 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Go Rondo will be rooting for him no matter what, hope he goes all the way.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 01:53:57 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I predict there will be a few honeymoon games where rondo controls the offense and it looks really good.  But long-term, I'll make a wild guess that they will be worse off.  Mavs had been the highest scoring and most efficient offense in the league.  Rondos weaknesses will hurt them.  The Mavs offense doesn't need a quarterback.  Unless rondo suddenly finds the ability shoot, either the mavs will need to adapt or the experiment will fail.  But I expect a few games where rondo has some flukey shooting performances, the team plays with extra post-trade energy, and it looks like a grand success.

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 01:56:18 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
What's the over/under that Pop actually plays any starters for the Spurs tonight after those marathon OT games?

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 02:01:58 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I think Rondo will work out great for the Mavs.  Might take a couple months to work the kinks out with Monta, but they have great shooters and you will probably see a more focused player.  His limitations will be better masked in that environment.  Good luck to Rondo.  I will def miss him in a C's uniform.

I am sure people will keep looking to take pot shots at Rondo here even after he has been traded.  Par for the course.

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 02:03:58 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
What's the over/under that Pop actually plays any starters for the Spurs tonight after those marathon OT games?

Yeah, it is the Spurs 6th game in the last 8 days.  I am sure someone will be a dnp 'rest' tonight for them.

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 02:08:24 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
I predict there will be a few honeymoon games where rondo controls the offense and it looks really good.  But long-term, I'll make a wild guess that they will be worse off.  Mavs had been the highest scoring and most efficient offense in the league.  Rondos weaknesses will hurt them.  The Mavs offense doesn't need a quarterback.  Unless rondo suddenly finds the ability shoot, either the mavs will need to adapt or the experiment will fail.  But I expect a few games where rondo has some flukey shooting performances, the team plays with extra post-trade energy, and it looks like a grand success.

They won't be as efficient on the offensive end because that team wouldn't have stayed that efficient either way. With that being said I do believe they will be a better overall team. I also believe that our Cs will also be a better overall team without him. So it's a win win for both teams.

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 02:32:11 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

This and then some.

I believe it was time to make this move. We should have done it earlier but in retrospect I think it worked out well for us because the last draft is not shaping as hyped. That is why I believe our efforts are best used to tank hard this year. If you know what I mean. This draft is much richer than last years draft, so when you look at it we may have once again benefited from the luck of the Irish.

They won't be as efficient on the offensive end because that team wouldn't have stayed that efficient either way. With that being said I do believe they will be a better overall team. I also believe that our Cs will also be a better overall team without him. So it's a win win for both teams.

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 02:43:08 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
By the way any site we can watch it on? As for some reason my local Spurs channel won't be broadcasting it.