Author Topic: Rondo trade not a step back  (Read 874 times)

Rondo trade not a step back
« on: December 20, 2014, 11:52:29 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
I love rondo, it was a privilege to watch the most unique talent in the game play for my team.
That said rondo is a driver of high performance machines. Put him in a corolla and he's just another commuter.
The big three benefited from his acumen and the macs will to.
The celtics are not a high performance machine. They are striving towRd corolla dependability right now.
This move gives the other parts a chance to develop and gives Ainge the chance to rebuild quickly with picks, expiring contracts and a huge TE.
My guess is that he makes further moves to strengthen  a core of smart, green and Oly.
I wouldn't be surprised if the team adds talent this year and makes a push for the playoffs.

Re: Rondo trade not a step back
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 12:17:47 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
i love the macs.

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 12:32:11 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
This team isn't looking to make the playoffs. I suspect more moves are on the horizon - particularly with Jeff Green and Brandon Bass. Along with Rondo, they're both in their late 20s, could be free agents at the end of the year, and have already been rumored in trade discussions.

Danny's gone into asset acquisition mode - it's one thing to commit 4 years to Avery Bradley who just turned 24, but it make sense to give Jeff a big contract that takes him into his 30s.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 01:28:41 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Losing rondo has a chance to be addition by subtraction.  He really didn't make a lick of difference out there for us. Now that he's gone we can embrace a system that rondo is incapable of playing.  I think there is a good chance we play better now that he's gone.