Author Topic: Build Offense Around Olynyk  (Read 1346 times)

Build Offense Around Olynyk
« on: December 20, 2014, 11:27:43 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Got my first chance to see the aggressive Olynyk play (seen him play many times before, but not with this level of aggression).  He is quite talented.  A poor man's Bird.  It seems when the offense flows through him playing aggressively, good things usually happen.  I don't have that feeling with any other players, now that Rondo is gone.  It seems pretty obvious, at least based on last night, that he should be quarterbacking the offense. 

Re: Build Offense Around Olynyk
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 11:31:52 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Lets not go nuts here. KO has had a couple to three good consecutive games. Maybe the first time all year that has happened. Let's not forget his weeks and weeks of uninspired play before that. KO is a good offensive player that will do well coming off the bench playing against other bench players. But I don't think he is even remotely ready to be the focal point of an NBA team's offensive gameplan.

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 11:32:49 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Who else on the current roster is better suited to be, Nick?

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 11:33:12 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I agree, thats why Green should be moved for assets . Let KO get a lot of touches.  I think he is a good 6th man for now until we figure out if we're re-signing sully or tading him in the off-season .

Marcus Smart and KO are keepers to me, after that, unless Sully gets into real shape, everyone else should be shopped around.

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 11:36:19 AM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
There's a thread about how we should build around Olynyk.

The C's must have played an awful team last night.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 11:49:03 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I like Olynyk and I think he'll be a solid player. But I don't envision him ever being more that a very talented offensive minded big off the bench. He really gives the 2nd unit a scoring punch as he's a tough match-up for opposing teams second units. I think that's his role in the NBA long term. Just let him worry about scoring.

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 11:52:23 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Build the offense around no one.

Move the ball, move yourself.

The San Antonio way.

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 12:08:05 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Lets not go nuts here. KO has had a couple to three good consecutive games. Maybe the first time all year that has happened. Let's not forget his weeks and weeks of uninspired play before that. KO is a good offensive player that will do well coming off the bench playing against other bench players. But I don't think he is even remotely ready to be the focal point of an NBA team's offensive gameplan.
i like olly. but right now i agree with nick. olly has some really offensive skills, but are they enough to carry the celtics night in and night out? i need to be convinced by more great play by olly.

i want to see what happens when other teams begin to double team him. can he still score consistently? can he pass out of double teams?

i like watching him develop, but i cant make a definitive call on his ceiling yet. i think pao may have it correctly.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 12:15:27 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I don't know about building around KO. but I've said it before he should touch the ball on almost every possession and should have close to 30 shots a game. and that's simply because his offense is far ahead of his defense and probably will be for his entire career. if the guy defending him only has to play one end of the court then there's no point in playing KO at all.

KO has been playing well lately, hopefully he's found his NBA game. now with everything I just said it's even more crucial he becomes a focal point because he may just be becoming a force.