Author Topic: Not impressed with Wiggins at all  (Read 3240 times)

Re: Not impressed with Wiggins at all
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2014, 02:10:40 PM »

Offline Kadin

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 29
   That draft class was way overrated,  If not for the hype I would of never came to the conclusions that any of those prospects would be high impact guys.

I am of the belief that this upcoming draft class is better, and I don't need that told to me by the  media.

But in contrast last years draft class was still better than we seen in years, more to do with how bad the last few draft classes before last year were.

2016 will be the best draft out of all of them.

And we'll probably have 4 first-round picks. ;D

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2014, 02:22:20 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Now there is a lot more hype due to ESPN.  Manziel is a prime example.  They hype, hype, hype and what you get is not what is hyped more than often.

I think Wiggins will be ok.  He had a bad game last night.   Whether he is a superstar it remains to be seen. 

Maybe he was in awe of KO putting his stance out that he is king of Canadian Basketball and the Celtics are " his" team now.  JK

I think Wiggins has a bright future, but I definitely see him as more of a Paul George type than a LeBron type. Remember, it also took Paul George a few years to make his impact felt.

This (above).  Wiggins was over hyped coming out of Kansas, but he has the tools to be a superstar.  Sheesh the guy is only 19 years old, hasn't barely played 1/4 of his rookie season on a terrible team.  He played decent against the lakers the other night, and well against portland too.  Gotta have some patience with players that are so young.

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2014, 02:49:01 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I think it's too early to tell. Wiggins has the same potential as Smart does on defense and should be able to reach Green's level on offense - that's a very good player right there.

After last year, people were saying Shabazz Muhammad was a total bust, but he is scoring 13 ppg and has really been tearing it up lately (including last night). He obviously doesn't have the ceiling that Wiggins has, but it often takes at least one year for a player to get used to the NBA. Wiggins was thought to be a bit timid coming out of college, so none of this should come as a surprise.

As for the Wiggins/Bennett versus Smart/KO debate, I probably would go with Smart and KO, but more because I think KO is considerably better than Bennett.