Author Topic: Not impressed with Wiggins at all  (Read 3241 times)

Not impressed with Wiggins at all
« on: December 20, 2014, 10:59:20 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Yes he is super athletic , but the guy was invisible last night . I know it's only 1 game , but he just looks like he floats around out there , not aggressively looking for the ball or offense. I understand his game will grow as he is only 19 , but I am not seeing the superstar potential he was hyped up to be .

Re: Not impressed with Wiggins at all
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 11:03:07 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Now there is a lot more hype due to ESPN.  Manziel is a prime example.  They hype, hype, hype and what you get is not what is hyped more than often.

I think Wiggins will be ok.  He had a bad game last night.   Whether he is a superstar it remains to be seen. 

Maybe he was in awe of KO putting his stance out that he is king of Canadian Basketball and the Celtics are " his" team now.  JK

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 11:49:44 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Now there is a lot more hype due to ESPN.  Manziel is a prime example.  They hype, hype, hype and what you get is not what is hyped more than often.

I think Wiggins will be ok.  He had a bad game last night.   Whether he is a superstar it remains to be seen. 

Maybe he was in awe of KO putting his stance out that he is king of Canadian Basketball and the Celtics are " his" team now.  JK

KO already tampering Wiggins to come here

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 12:17:48 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I could see wiggins having a shane battier, joe smith career. never that stud deserving of being drafted so high but going on to being solid players.

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 12:34:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Just too quiet. Like a good third option

If you had a choice to take wiggins and bennett or smart and ko which duo would you take?

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 12:38:07 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I think Wiggins has a bright future, but I definitely see him as more of a Paul George type than a LeBron type. Remember, it also took Paul George a few years to make his impact felt.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 12:42:36 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513

If you had a choice to take wiggins and bennett or smart and ko which duo would you take?

Wiggins and Shabazz.  8)

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 01:01:34 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Wiggins and Shabazz.  8)

nope. right now i take KO and Smart

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 01:23:58 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
He's a 19 year old rookie.  If you are basing your entire impression of him on a bad game last night, that's kind of silly.  He's had huge games recently.  It took Jeff green a decade to find consistency.  Wiggins has superstar potential on both ends of the court.  He is crazy athletic, potential to be a great shooter and an excellent defender.

Seriously it's like people follow the NBA in a bubble or something.  You don't remember that Kobe averaged 7 points as a rookie ?  You don't remember that Durant shot like 39%?   These kids take time. Even the best.

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2014, 01:27:18 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
Could this be possible ?

Smart > Wiggins
Olynyk > Bennett

For some reason, I like our youth movement better than the T-Wolves.

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 01:35:46 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Could this be possible ?

Smart > Wiggins
Olynyk > Bennett

For some reason, I like our youth movement better than the T-Wolves.

Yup. Cavs could of had sully, ko and 6th (per rumors) instead of wiggins and bennett

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2014, 01:39:08 PM »

Offline GzUP617

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 12
   That draft class was way overrated,  If not for the hype I would of never came to the conclusions that any of those prospects would be high impact guys.

I am of the belief that this upcoming draft class is better, and I don't need that told to me by the  media.

But in contrast last years draft class was still better than we seen in years, more to do with how bad the last few draft classes before last year were.

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2014, 01:42:08 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
   That draft class was way overrated,  If not for the hype I would of never came to the conclusions that any of those prospects would be high impact guys.

I am of the belief that this upcoming draft class is better, and I don't need that told to me by the  media.

But in contrast last years draft class was still better than we seen in years, more to do with how bad the last few draft classes before last year were.

2016 will be the best draft out of all of them.

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2014, 01:43:04 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
He's a 19 year old rookie.

Durant as a 19 year old rookie on an awful team averaged over 20 pts a game.
Wiggins as a 19 year old rookie on an awful team is averaging about 12 pts a game.

Wiggins might wind up being great but the hype was that he was going to be a LeBron/Durant level talent.  It's accurate to say he doesn't look anything like that.

Mike

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2014, 01:45:46 PM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Wiggins is Jeff Green IMO...if Emiib does get healthy he will be the best player out of this draft followed by Smart and Parker. If Smart can be even an average shooter + defense and his intangibles will make him an All Star during his prime. C's were lucky to land him at 6.