Author Topic: wright could flourish with stevens and younger players  (Read 1200 times)

wright could flourish with stevens and younger players
« on: December 20, 2014, 09:12:53 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Look how sully improved with his three's or K.O development.Even Zeller,we need a weak side shot blocker a guy that intimidates and alters shots. If he is still willing to learn he's in a learning environment and one that is willing to experiment. Last night he would have very effective.There were flurries where timberwolves had 5 offensive rebounds.Two of our guys play below the rim,wright plays above the backboard  but seriously that pick off of shot above box was truly awesome-7 blocks in one game-that kind of rep will make drivers think twice while being harried by smart and bradley,this guy and green gives us two gifted jumpers with length-seems players take to stevens style ,wright will be a huge  crowd pleaser and he's been playing against west coast talent,he should eat this weak eastern conference -

Re: wright could flourish with stevens and younger players
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 09:17:08 AM »

Offline shrinkage36

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
If Smart or Pressey or anyone can penetrate that lane, Wright will have an allyoop festival. He blocks shots, plays decent defense, can score around the basket, a pretty decent FT shooter, and he's fast, he can get down the court in a hurry.

All we can do is see what he can do here. If he's a wash, we package him with someone else and move him before the deadline.

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 09:29:02 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
I'm starting to think Wright is somebody Stevens has a mancrush on.   

Celtics coach Brad Stevens discussed what the new players garnered from the Rajon Rondo trade will mean to the franchise, Jimmy Toscano of CSNNE.com reports. “Well I think all three of them have roles on this team,” Stevens said. “I think we’ll determine the extent of those as I get my arms wrapped around everything more. They are three guys that add to our team. I mean Jameer Nelson is a guard that can really shoot the ball that has scored and has been a consummate leader and everybody talks about the kind of person he is. Former coaches, players.

Jae Crowder is a guy that we think has a big upside. Can shoot the ball. Has shot it better this year, shooting it almost 35% from three. He’s a guy that can guard both the three and the four and even some twos on occasion. He’s a tough guy. Just a competitive tough guy.

And obviously Brandan Wright. Brandan is a guy that, this is kind of how my job works in communicating with our front office, that after we play a game maybe I’ll say, ‘Man, I think he’s really under-valued,’ because of the way he gets to the rim, the way that he finishes, and I think his second jump on rebounds is as quick as anybody’s around. So we’ll figure out how they’ll all fit with what we’re trying to do and how we can fit ourselves to bees situate them.”
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 09:34:05 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

Celtics coach Brad Stevens discussed what the new players garnered from the Rajon Rondo trade will mean to the franchise, Jimmy Toscano of CSNNE.com reports. “Well I think all three of them have roles on this team,” Stevens said. “I think we’ll determine the extent of those as I get my arms wrapped around everything more. They are three guys that add to our team. I mean Jameer Nelson is a guard that can really shoot the ball that has scored and has been a consummate leader and everybody talks about the kind of person he is. Former coaches, players.

Jae Crowder is a guy that we think has a big upside. Can shoot the ball. Has shot it better this year, shooting it almost 35% from three. He’s a guy that can guard both the three and the four and even some twos on occasion. He’s a tough guy. Just a competitive tough guy.

And obviously Brandan Wright. Brandan is a guy that, this is kind of how my job works in communicating with our front office, that after we play a game maybe I’ll say, ‘Man, I think he’s really under-valued,’ because of the way he gets to the rim, the way that he finishes, and I think his second jump on rebounds is as quick as anybody’s around. So we’ll figure out how they’ll all fit with what we’re trying to do and how we can fit ourselves to bees situate them.”

Yeah, I was kind of amused when Danny last night said that was their assessment--and now they'd see whether they were right about that. If he plays well, I take it Stevens will have a tad more credibility when opining on the trade value of other players in the league.

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 09:34:12 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
 As a high lottery pick also came high expectations ,skinny and had a couple seasons with shoulder injuries. All this may have delayed development,He has put on weight and they say it takes longer for big men to develop.Hard to believe he could be a wash on celtics but  then again he may be more valuable as chip as you posted.He missed a couple seasons with shoulder injury which slowed development .He is only 27.

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 09:52:09 AM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

Lol at Stevens explaining how his job works. Also, Stevens could had been a used cars salesman the way he sells these garbage players, excluding Wright.

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 09:54:16 AM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
I think Wright's a much better athlete than Zeller, and he's probably a good fit with Sullinger, so I could definitely see him being effective here. I hope people temper their expectations though - he was playing with one of the best offensive big men in the history of the game. If you could pick one guy to drag rim protection out of the paint and let dunkers flourish it would be Dirk. We're not going to compete with that.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 09:57:25 AM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
I think Wright's a much better athlete than Zeller, and he's probably a good fit with Sullinger, so I could definitely see him being effective here. I hope people temper their expectations though - he was playing with one of the best offensive big men in the history of the game. If you could pick one guy to drag rim protection out of the paint and let dunkers flourish it would be Dirk. We're not going to compete with that.
but we have Dirk Olynyk

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 09:57:49 AM »

Offline ViolentGhandi

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
I'm curious how bad his D really is - I mean yeah he does block a couple of shots but that alone isnt enough on D

Timberwolves blocked a bunch of shots too and were trying to double up on allmost every1 and really got punished for that hard. Its hard to believe but their D is even worse than C's (which has improofed a bit in the last weeks).

What I'm trying to say is that it doesn help much if he blocks 2 shots per game if he always come to late to help D or doesnt find his man again after helping out.

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2014, 10:57:48 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
All we can do is see what he can do here. If he's a wash, we package him with someone else and move him before the deadline.

This is true TP.

On the other hand, he might have been flourishing because Dallas has  big guys who can draw a double team.   Still a solid player in the West might be a good player in the East. 

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 11:10:41 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I don't remember seeing Wright play but from some of the highlight reels, maybe he's the RIM PROTECTOR we've been needing.  Maybe the next 2 months are his audition.

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2014, 11:11:05 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
We'll have him for half a season and he'll be gone.
He's barely 210 pounds and the knock against him was he would always get destroyed by big men in the West.
Great lob catcher and pick and roll leaper, and can also defend the pick and roll with some idea.

He's still a back up big man who just never really reached his potential because of a lack of bball IQ.

"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.