Author Topic: What's the next move?  (Read 5073 times)

What's the next move?
« on: December 20, 2014, 06:22:35 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Once Cs-Mavs rumors surfaced, Rondo was gone. Who is the next to move?

And how quickly do we incorporate Crowder ("the beast," thereby demands some mins) and Wright? Again, an issue now with a logjam at the 4...
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Re: What's the next move?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 06:48:46 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Bass and or Green.  No idea where or for what, but those two make the most a sense.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 07:35:01 AM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
bass needs to go. So he doesnt take valueable minutes away.

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 07:36:19 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
bass
wallace with a draft pick attached maybe
thorton

sully….watch for it

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 07:55:37 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Well....Danny just put up a sign that said "Fire sale. Everything must go. Make best offer."

So naturally I expect Sully to go for some cracker jacks.

KO should maybe fetch a 6 pack if Danny really holds firm.

Smart should get a 2nd rounder

maybe a small trade exception for Bass.

And there we go.

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 08:03:41 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
bass
thorton

sully….watch for it

No need to trade Wallace with a draft pick attached unless if it were a second round pick.  We are going to have plenty of cap space regardless. 

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 08:14:03 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
bass
thorton

sully….watch for it

No need to trade Wallace with a draft pick attached unless if it were a second round pick.  We are going to have plenty of cap space regardless.
i meant wallace can be useful to a playoff team so there should be interest but we'll have to sweeten the deal AND we have 50 draft picks next year alone

I didn't put green on list but he should be as well.  If ainge's theory was rondo wasn't going to be signed next year then he has to assume green will opt out, right?

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 08:16:47 AM »

Offline greenmountain

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
If it's truly a fire sale, Green would be next.  I could see him going somewhere like New Orleans, where Luke Babbitt is currently starting, due to injuries, maybe for a similar deal as Rondo's but likely with lottery protection.   Then there are teams like the Blazers and the Clippers who could use depth at SF as they make their playoff push.

With players like Bass and Thornton, I don't know if there's that that great of a market--they might be filler guys in a multiteam deal.

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 09:10:02 AM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
I think we push for the playoffs and the next move is during free agency.

Anyone know how much money Ainge will have under the cap to spend?

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2014, 09:34:32 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I'm on the idea that we need to find a player we can build around in the next two years.

At this point, either we make the Playoffs or not, trade more players or keep who we have, I think it doesnt matter. The main goal now is use whatever we have to get a player who can be built around.

Although I'd like to add that it has to be in two years time, or Ainge should be fired. We'd have plenty of first round picks, 2nd round picks, young players and maybe some cap room during that span. It will be inexcusable for Ainge to not get a player of high caliber to be the foundation of the new era. Inexcusable. If he cant do that by 2016, we need to find someone who can.

But again, the main goal now is to find that player (hopefully it PLAYERS).
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 09:48:17 AM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
We basically have to sell Green now. I highly doubt he's going to stick around at this point and at this point we need to get good draft position - that is the most likely place where the next big building block is going to come. I think teams know what Green is at this point - a player who can give you a bit of versatility and a bit of playmaking at the small forward spot. He's not Iguodala, one of the most versatile wings who can do everything pretty good but just can't break down a defense and create a shot, and he's also not a playmaking machine who is a liability in every other area. He's somewhere in the middle. Unlike Rondo he is the exact guy that tons of contenders are in need of, so we should drum up some interest for him. I read somewhere that teams haven't offered Ainge anything of substance so far, so we'll see.

We also are going to try to flip Wright. If he can still have a great FG% and not get too many of his flaws exposed in the next 2 months that could go well for us, but this team doesn't have guys like Dirk who can cover up people's flaws, so I'd be worried about that. If we want to pump up his value, we could just play the TWolves every game because they apparently ignore people standing under the basket.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2014, 09:50:45 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Well....Danny just put up a sign that said "Fire sale. Everything must go. Make best offer."

I don't think that's true.  Without a new contract for Rondo looming over everything, Ainge has a lot more freedom to make or not make deals.  In a worst case scenario, Ainge could just let Green, Bass, Wright and Thornton walk and be over $20 million under the cap with a core of Smart, Avery, Sully, KO, Zeller and Young with multiple first round picks in the 2015 draft.

Unless Ainge can get real value, I don't think he's under any pressure to just make a deal.

Mike

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2014, 10:22:59 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

I don't think that's true.  Without a new contract for Rondo looming over everything, Ainge has a lot more freedom to make or not make deals.  In a worst case scenario, Ainge could just let Green, Bass, Wright and Thornton walk and be over $20 million under the cap with a core of Smart, Avery, Sully, KO, Zeller and Young with multiple first round picks in the 2015 draft.

Unless Ainge can get real value, I don't think he's under any pressure to just make a deal.

Mike

I completely agree Mike. 
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2014, 11:00:07 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
So naturally I expect Sully to go for some cracker jacks.

We can only hope, because, I think Oly is a better prospect and they play the same position but KO seems adept at coming off the bench.

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2014, 11:07:51 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
None of us know what's done and said behind the scenes.  I believe DA wanted to build around Rondo AT A FAIR PRICE.  Remember when Max said about 6 months ago that Rondo wanted the MAX ?  That's what its about.  The C's did not want to pay Rondo the max and I agree with them.  Way way too much.  Rondo is not nearly as good as he was pre-injury.