Poll

Would you like to see this current Boston roster make the playoffs

Sure, I would.
11 (61.1%)
No thanks.
5 (27.8%)
E'twaun Moore is doing pretty well for himself.
2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: March 20, 2015, 03:09:28 PM

Author Topic: Do you want us to make the playoffs?  (Read 9289 times)

Do you want us to make the playoffs?
« on: December 20, 2014, 03:56:59 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
As much as I loved Rondo, I'm in the camp who viewed his skill set as being better for being that extra gear that gets a really good playoff team, past their really good playoff rivals and to championship caliber basketball, rather than the hum drum of  regular season. This thread isn't about Rondo though. Looking at the coaching philosophy and the players we have now I don't think this squad is poor enough to get good lottery odds, or good enough to be anything more than 8th seed road kill, if we do make the playoffs. Should Danny clear out the few remaining starter calibre guys we have left and tank, or leverage our picks to get a young star ASAP?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 02:05:45 PM by LatterDayCelticsfan »
Banner 18 please 😍

Re: Do you want us to make the playoffs?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 04:13:09 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I do but Ainge is going to ship out our leading scorer for another pick soon. This will be a non issue by the trade deadline, it's what Ainge wants another tank job.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 04:28:58 AM »

Offline MSceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 23
I know you are suppose to always wish for success, but i dont want to become the hawks constantly playing for the 7th seed. i think we need to go to the bottom to rise to the top.

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 04:46:42 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
I would love to see this team made the playoffs, I think it would do a lot for the growth of the young players
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 04:47:31 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
We are going to be terrible.
Green and bass are next to go.
We will be worse than the Pistons and Knicks-probably the wolves too once they get Rubio and Pekovic back.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 06:01:46 AM »

Offline twistedrico

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
YES I do want this team to make the playoffs. Very sad to see Rondo go, but there is enough talent here for them to sneak in.  There is no way they are going to be "terrible". 

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 06:27:58 AM »

Offline mikestar

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8
Nope. We should be fun to watch but playoffs this year serves no useful purpose.

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 08:02:36 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Yes.  The higher, the better...every year.  Failure is only an option for losers.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 08:36:08 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I don't think it's realistic but I want them to try to win. I don't believe tanking would work for the Celtics. We aren't the Cavs

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2014, 08:39:52 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Yes.  The higher, the better...every year.  Failure is only an option for losers.

KGs Knee approves this message

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 08:42:33 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Yes. I do now. I want Smart and Olynyk to continue to mature quickly as players, and for Stevens's coaching magic to bring them together as a smart and hardworking team by the year's end.

I want FAs this summer to see Smart and KO as two hot young stars whose unselfish play will only enhance their performance. I want to see Young as a rotation player by February, as well, and for the team to get playoffs experience under the belt of all these young guys--and the coaching staff--ASAP.

Sure, their ceiling this year is to win a playoff series, but that would add a lot of value and maturity to everyone concerned.

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2014, 08:43:56 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I do but Ainge is going to ship out our leading scorer for another pick soon. This will be a non issue by the trade deadline, it's what Ainge wants another tank job.

I think how this group makes it through the next 5 weeks will determine whether Danny is ultimately a seller or a buyer at the deadline.

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2014, 08:48:36 AM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Yes. I do now. I want Smart and Olynyk to continue to mature quickly as players, and for Stevens's coaching magic to bring them together as a smart and hardworking team by the year's end.

I want FAs this summer to see Smart and KO as two hot young stars whose unselfish play will only enhance their performance. I want to see Young as a rotation player by February, as well, and for the team to get playoffs experience under the belt of all these young guys--and the coaching staff--ASAP.

Sure, their ceiling this year is to win a playoff series, but that would add a lot of value and maturity to everyone concerned.
With the way KO and Smart played last night, that might be a possibility.

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2014, 08:52:04 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
If Green and Bass are leading this team to the playoffs, then i can understand people being upset.

However, If Smart, Bradley, Olynyk, and Sullinger are leading this team to the playoffs, you really can't be mad.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2014, 08:52:23 AM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

I think how this group makes it through the next 5 weeks will determine whether Danny is ultimately a seller or a buyer at the deadline.
I used to be on the fence with Jeff Green but I hope Ainge doesn't trade him. Unless like your scenario, in a month or so we are out of the playoff picture. It would really suck to lose Jeff Green, even for a mid to late first round pick.