Author Topic: Is Turner a 3-position player?  (Read 445 times)

Is Turner a 3-position player?
« on: December 20, 2014, 03:34:33 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I don't think Turner is getting enough credit.  One of the reasons you can afford to move Rondo for a draft pick is because the team is surprisingly solid at the guard positions.   Lots of guys who can play... Rondo, Bradley, Smart, Turner, Thronton... perhaps even Young.

Turner has played well.  We know he averaged 17, 4 and 6 last season, but this season in limited minutes he's been solid.  23.3mpg, 9 points, 3.3 assists, 4 rebounds, 48%/30%/94% ...   Per-36 numbers of 14 points, 5.2 assists, 6.1 rebounds and 1.3 steals

He's not a perfect talent, but he's definitely a talent.  Along with Smart, Turner's increased presence (while different) arguably will make up for the loss of Rondo.   He seems to be a starter-caliber player to me. 

Question is, what's his long-term role here?  Last night he seemed to fit in well slotted in as our primary ball-handler in the ball-movement oriented offense.  I like playing him (6'7, 205) next to the tiny Avery Bradley.  I think Bradley was officially listed as our starting PG last night.   

Could you envision Turner starting at SG next to Marcus Smart with Bradley off the bench?  Could you envision Turner starting at SF if we trade Jeff Green for a pick?
Do you expect Turner to be a back-up? 

Curious what people's thoughts are.

Re: Is Turner a 3-position player?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 03:36:59 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
On offense, yes, on defense, NO, lol. ;D  I thought before the year that he could really be a great 6th man.  He certainly has the skills, size, and versatility to be up there with the best of them, imo.  I don't think he belongs here, any more, though, honestly.  Oh Danny boy...;) ::) ;D