Author Topic: Nick young is a punk  (Read 5274 times)

Re: Nick young is a punk
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2014, 01:00:22 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
He literally threw a forearm/elbow at Steven Adams' head for setting a screen, not even a hard one at that. It wasn't Metta World Peace to Harden bad, but it was still pretty bad. Alot of these NBA guys are fake tough guys who only act tough in the game because they know nothing will happen. Nick Young is the paragon of fake tough guys. It's guaranteed he wouldn't act like that towards someone like Adams out on the street, because he'd get his arse kicked if so.

I mean...are you hoping that Nick Young gives forearms to the head of 7 ft aussies in the street?

Now you've done it.   

Anybody got a link to the play yet?  Haven't seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hqyOYuVEqE

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2014, 01:01:10 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
He literally threw a forearm/elbow at Steven Adams' head for setting a screen, not even a hard one at that. It wasn't Metta World Peace to Harden bad, but it was still pretty bad. Alot of these NBA guys are fake tough guys who only act tough in the game because they know nothing will happen. Nick Young is the paragon of fake tough guys. It's guaranteed he wouldn't act like that towards someone like Adams out on the street, because he'd get his arse kicked if so.

I mean...are you hoping that Nick Young gives forearms to the head of 7 ft aussies in the street?

Adams is a Kiwi, BTW, but does anyone think he looks like a 7ft Emile Hirsch??? Just me? Okay, I'll bow out now....

Ha!  TP ;D  Personally, I was always of the opinion that Adams spent his weekends and summers working at twilight conventions, lol. ;) ;D

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2014, 01:03:54 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Saw it

Punk

Swaggy P(OS)
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2014, 01:05:28 AM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

Adams is a Kiwi, BTW, but does anyone think he looks like a 7ft Emile Hirsch??? Just me? Okay, I'll bow out now....

Ha!  TP ;D  Personally, I was always of the opinion that Adams spent his weekends and summers working at twilight conventions, lol. ;) ;D

I had to google it to see if I was the only one who thought that, and about a zillion pages came up, so I feel vindicated.

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2014, 01:06:55 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474

Now you've done it.   

Thanks for posting the video. TP.  I was wondering about it as well.   As someone that lives in so cal and is somewhat subjected to having to watch nick young too much because of no other nba games on tv, I can attest yes he is a punk.  He has a highly inflated image of himself. 

That was a def cheap shot.  Not surprising at all.

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2014, 01:07:39 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

Now you've done it.   

freakin' punk. If I was Adams, I would've dropped him to make a statement

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2014, 01:12:14 AM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

Now you've done it.   

I don't know, I kinda like the casual gum chewing. I think his nonchalant manner made a pretty good statement of how threatening he finds Nick Young. ;D

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2014, 01:24:02 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

I was also hoping this was going to turn into some kind of Iggy Azalea innuendo.

I am sad that it did not.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2014, 02:10:38 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

It's kind of a weird line to draw in the sand. NFL Linebackers don't tackle bystanders in the street, anymore than they attempt to gouge out the eyeballs of random people like they do in the bottom of scrums.

Rugby players shouldn't go cheapshotting people in the street, but as a guy who has played and watched a fair amount of rugby, I've been punched, choked, and kicked in scrums and rucks enough to know it's pretty common.

NHL players throw punches all the time.

It's a weird kind of analogy.

I was getting more at both the size discrepancy between Young and Adams and the fact that it was a dirty play, which I should've mentioned.

I've really only been involved in two sports in my life: basketball and mma. So you see where I'm coming from in my analysis? Most basketball players I encountered like this in my career were only "hard" on the court, but off the court they were, for the lack of a better word, pansies. The guys I've trained with and fought against in mma were not like that. They were legitimate bad boys, and they wouldn't think twice about fighting out of the octagon if the situation called for it. Granted, the nature of the sport makes fighters much more likely to be like that outside of the ring.

And what are you talking about NFL players don't throw punches/fight off the field? Ray Rice?  :o Too soon? lol

I guess what I was saying kind of comes back to what you're saying; the whole facade of posturing in the NBA is more akin to WWE antics than actual retribution, even the intense cases. The only cheap shots that come to mind for me that really really stick out are MWP's elbow, Dexter Pittman's elbow on Lance Stephenson, Wade's unforgivable action, and Andrew Bynum's repeated very dangerous cheap shots.

Nick Young's ridicuouslness here is just par for the course in the NBA. It's a lot like the other stuff I mentioned, the "fights" in hockey, stuff like that. It happens, it's not encouraged but to a point its condoned. What Nick Young was doing there was only a half step from what happens every game, and that was only because of the location of his "strike", which I doubt he meant to do actual harm. Its just dumb stuff.

I was also hoping this was going to turn into some kind of Iggy Azalea innuendo.

I am sad that it did not.

I thought about it, but the only Iggy songs I knew were Fancy and work.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2014, 02:13:39 AM »

Offline kiwiceltic

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 16

Now you've done it.   

I don't know, I kinda like the casual gum chewing. I think his nonchalant manner made a pretty good statement of how threatening he finds Nick Young. ;D

Adams strikes again! Add Young to Nate Robinson, Z-Bo, and Iggy (not that Iggy) that cannot handle Adams' physical play and have been served with bans or ejections.

The best thing about Adams is he blew Young off like it was nothing... love it.

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2014, 02:28:42 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Adams has got elbowed by 10 plus nba players so far.  He is good at getting elbowed lol

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2014, 10:27:29 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206

Yes he certainly is. We only claim the Kiwis who are worth claiming (and who don't hate us) such as Russell Crowe.

Adams strikes again! Add Young to Nate Robinson, Z-Bo, and Iggy (not that Iggy) that cannot handle Adams' physical play and have been served with bans or ejections.

The best thing about Adams is he blew Young off like it was nothing... love it.

I don't recall any on-court incident between Iguodala and Adams that led to Iguodala being banned or ejected. You must be thinking of Iguodala's eloquently worded Twitter post about NZ's Haka during the FIBA World Cup.

I'm also pretty disappointed that Nick Young's been brought up again and still nobody has made fun of his talentless trollop of a girlfriend - Iggy Azalea. I hate her more than Young and even Adams  :o
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2014, 10:47:28 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
So starting my all punk team at guards Nick Young and Lance Stevenson.