Author Topic: Nick young is a punk  (Read 5265 times)

Nick young is a punk
« on: December 20, 2014, 12:31:54 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
He literally threw a forearm/elbow at Steven Adams' head for setting a screen, not even a hard one at that. It wasn't Metta World Peace to Harden bad, but it was still pretty bad. Alot of these NBA guys are fake tough guys who only act tough in the game because they know nothing will happen. Nick Young is the paragon of fake tough guys. It's guaranteed he wouldn't act like that towards someone like Adams out on the street, because he'd get his arse kicked if so.

Re: Nick young is a punk
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 12:34:06 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
He literally threw a forearm/elbow at Steven Adams' head for setting a screen, not even a hard one at that. It wasn't Metta World Peace to Harden bad, but it was still pretty bad. Alot of these NBA guys are fake tough guys who only act tough in the game because they know nothing will happen. Nick Young is the paragon of fake tough guys. It's guaranteed he wouldn't act like that towards someone like Adams out on the street, because he'd get his arse kicked if so.

If I remember correctly, Young ran full speed into Sully leading with his elbow for a foul in the game against the Lakers.  He's a punk, and not the good kind
I'm bitter.

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 12:35:43 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

If I remember correctly, Young ran full speed into Sully leading with his elbow for a foul in the game against the Lakers.  He's a punk, and not the good kind

Yep. It seems he's been even worse this year, which coincides with him dating Iggy lol

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 12:36:01 AM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Yeah I saw it. I think part of Young's frustration was that he initially wanted to toss Adams off of him but couldn't budge him an inch.

He should have been disciplined for that shove on Sullinger too.

Edit: I type and think slowly.

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 12:39:41 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Yeah I saw it. I think part of Young's frustration was that he initially wanted to toss Adams off of him but couldn't budge him an inch.

He should have been reprimanded for that shove on Sullinger too.

Edit: I type and think slowly.

For sure. The Adams one was just quite a bit more obvious. They didn't even look at it more than once or so on the replay.

On a side note, I would LOVE to have Adams on our team. His physicality and toughness is unmatched. Offense has a ways to go, but he's primarily a defensive big anyways.

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 12:42:44 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I saw that too

Someone needs to teach this kid a lesson, he is a punk .  Where's Perk ?

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 12:46:35 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

I mean...are you hoping that Nick Young gives forearms to the head of 7 ft aussies in the street?

It's kind of a weird line to draw in the sand. NFL Linebackers don't tackle bystanders in the street, anymore than they attempt to gouge out the eyeballs of random people like they do in the bottom of scrums.

Rugby players shouldn't go cheapshotting people in the street, but as a guy who has played and watched a fair amount of rugby, I've been punched, choked, and kicked in scrums and rucks enough to know it's pretty common.

NHL players throw punches all the time.

It's a weird kind of analogy.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 12:46:53 AM »

Offline puskas54_10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 13
Nick Young is a joke! He's perfect for the Lakers  ;D
I bet he learned this weak fake elbow stuff from Kobe. The problem is he is not a star, so sooner or later it will blow up in his face.

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 12:50:52 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

I mean...are you hoping that Nick Young gives forearms to the head of 7 ft aussies in the street?

Now you've done it.   

Anybody got a link to the play yet?  Haven't seen it.

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2014, 12:51:09 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Nick Young is a joke! He's perfect for the Lakers  ;D
I bet he learned this weak fake elbow stuff from Kobe. The problem is he is not a star, so sooner or later it will blow up in his face.

he's ricky davis 2.0

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 12:51:20 AM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff

Adams is a Kiwi, BTW, but does anyone think he looks like a 7ft Emile Hirsch??? Just me? Okay, I'll bow out now....

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2014, 12:52:02 AM »

Offline puskas54_10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 13

It's kind of a weird line to draw in the sand. NFL Linebackers don't tackle bystanders in the street, anymore than they attempt to gouge out the eyeballs of random people like they do in the bottom of scrums.

Rugby players shouldn't go cheapshotting people in the street, but as a guy who has played and watched a fair amount of rugby, I've been punched, choked, and kicked in scrums and rucks enough to know it's pretty common.

I don't think he meant that way.
Are you trying to compare rugby and hockey to basketball? It's make no sense.
Or you just brag a little how tough are you?  ;)

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2014, 12:56:18 AM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff

Okay, now I'm done talking about it.

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2014, 12:57:27 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

I was getting more at both the size discrepancy between Young and Adams and the fact that it was a dirty play, which I should've mentioned.

I've really only been involved in two sports in my life: basketball and mma. So you see where I'm coming from in my analysis? Most basketball players I encountered like this in my career were only "hard" on the court, but off the court they were, for the lack of a better word, pansies. The guys I've trained with and fought against in mma were not like that. They were legitimate bad boys, and they wouldn't think twice about fighting out of the octagon if the situation called for it. Granted, the nature of the sport makes fighters much more likely to be like that outside of the ring.

And what are you talking about NFL players don't throw punches/fight off the field? Ray Rice?  :o Too soon? lol

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2014, 12:57:43 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

no no no no no, Sully's trash talking makes him look like a punk  ;D