Author Topic: Thank you, Danny Ainge  (Read 8259 times)

Re: Thank you, Danny Ainge
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2014, 12:58:01 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I may have been months late to the party, but Rondo needed to go for various reasons and Ainge grabbed a nice deal given the situation.

I know you liked Rondo alot. But your one of the few logical Rondo fans on this forum

I knew that Rondo didn't fit with the direction of the team (and had resigned myself to the fact that Ainge would deal him at the first chance he got), either, btw, but what we got for him is a joke, imo.  It just never should have come to this. 

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2014, 01:01:35 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I may have been months late to the party, but Rondo needed to go for various reasons and Ainge grabbed a nice deal given the situation.

I know you liked Rondo alot. But your one of the few logical Rondo fans on this forum

Personally the Rondo fans are more logical than the Rondo haters.

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2014, 01:15:14 AM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
I'm not ready to thank Danny for the trade, but I also don't blame him.  I think ownership pushed to keep rondo hoping to quickly rebuild.  Fingers crossed Ainge can build something here.
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2014, 11:19:18 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
The Celtics will be so much better without Rondo.

We saw that last night.

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2014, 11:22:31 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

We saw that last night.

We played Minny.  We played Minny.  We played Minnesota!

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2014, 11:44:33 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

I knew that Rondo didn't fit with the direction of the team (and had resigned myself to the fact that Ainge would deal him at the first chance he got), either, btw, but what we got for him is a joke, imo.  It just never should have come to this.
I agree. RR should have been traded awhile ago. Some of us were calling for it.

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2014, 11:48:59 AM »

Offline Larry for 3

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 30
  • Believe in Boston

I don't know what u mean? Plan A all along was Kevin Love, when that fell through on lottery night the writing was on the wall then we drafted Smart. The dots were really easy to connect here. Then Jackie Mac saying he wanted out. It was a matter of when not if he was traded. It was what it was. Good offers we not really there. Your value is what your value is, I know that makes people upset because they think he was so valuable & he wasn't. Maybe a few years ago there might be a stronger case. But post ACL this is what RR is worth. Given all factors together its just reality.
"They forgot about Larry Bird"--- Danny Ainge, 1987

"What happened to the Lakers??!!"--- Wyc Grousbeck, 6/17/08

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2014, 11:53:48 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

We saw that last night.

We played Minny.  We played Minny.  We played Minnesota!

So what?

We played good defense and moved the ball.

We are a better team without Rondo.

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2015, 06:20:20 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I made someone had posted a very good and detailed analysis of Danny's draft picks and made the case that if compared with the 3 before and after, Ainge was almost always spot on. I tried to find the post but in vain (with all these threads...). If you read, please send me the info. I d be most grateful.

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2015, 06:46:09 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Thank you Danny, for making a series of great trades that have set us up for the future.

You are the best!

I'm with ya--thanks, Danny!

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2015, 07:47:26 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
It maybe more like ..

Good knowing ya ...

If this depletion of the Celtics talent scheme doesn't work out for him

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2015, 11:40:33 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
He maximized what he could out of Rondo. We're setup perfectly to rebuild this thing and do some damage.

Yeah, to our fan base, lol. ;D

smh
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2015, 11:49:56 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
He maximized what he could out of Rondo. We're setup perfectly to rebuild this thing and do some damage.

I'd have to say the fan base needs to suck it up then.  I'm 50+ years of age and have been through many ups and downs with the C's, and am still a passionate fan.  Being a true fan is not easy and gets upsetting at times, just stick with it.  Don't bail when tines get tough because when things change, it will be more rewarding to you.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2015, 11:55:40 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553

I'd have to say the fan base needs to suck it up then.  I'm 50+ years of age and have been through many ups and downs with the C's, and am still a passionate fan.  Being a true fan is not easy and gets upsetting at times, just stick with it.  Don't bail when tines get tough because when things change, it will be more rewarding to you.

some fans are hardcore, some casual. either is ok as long as they stick with their team. bandwagon jumping to the next best thing is not fandom. it's sacrilege. how is there any fun in that? DOwn years like this show who the real fans are whether casual or hardcore. The bandwagoners have long been gone since the 2013 playoffs. 
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2015, 11:57:58 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

I love Rondo, but after a few weeks after the trade, it's not that bad

we essentially traded Rondo for 3 players and a first round pick

then flipped another player from that trade for another 1st rounder, and who knows what else we're going to do with Jae Crowder and Nelson