Author Topic: We actually look better  (Read 50652 times)

Re: We actually look better
« Reply #225 on: December 21, 2014, 08:52:04 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Pressey is better than Jameer Nelson.

And Turner should start at the point.

But Jameer Nelson got traded for Rondo so he's basically an all star. Let's chalk it up to a bad night.

Nah Nelson was just a throw in because as the Rondo haters on this board would have you believe, Wright is the best thing to happen to this team since Bird

Well, you see, Wright has longer wings/arms than Birds, so he's basically better.

True. Actually the more I think about it the more I realize I'd take Wright over Russell, then we would have won 12 championships instead of 11

« Reply #226 on: December 21, 2014, 08:54:09 PM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
Someone mentioned before, its because Rondo can't contribute to scoring, we play 4 on 5 in half court offense.

Replace elite playmaking with role player scoring and now we're playing 5 on 5.  No negative loss for our offense.  Maybe a slight positive.
Rondo can't contribute to scoring? Let's see how much KO or Sully scores with Pressey passing to them now.

Did alright yesterday w/o Rondo.

Elite playmaking is easily replaced by good team offense. 

Dallas were the leading team ppg with Ellis 4.7 ast/g, Nelson 4.1 ast/g, Harris 4.0 ast/g.
Oh yeah. That's why the Clippers would never worry about losing CP3. You just need good offense.

How on earth do Dallas score the most points in the league without an elite playmaker?   Same goes for Toronto,  GSW,  Phoenix,  Portland.

Find me a player on a championship team with Rondo's play style as part of a big3.  There are none.
2008 Celtics

10pts/g,  6ast/g.

KG,  PP,  RA.

Rondo was part of the big3 in 08?

I don't even..........

« Reply #227 on: December 21, 2014, 09:03:28 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
The great thing here is that Rajon Rondo can no longer be blamed for this team's misfortunes, even though a few will try.

Now, if we could just free Jeff Green somehow. He doesn't deserve this.

I'd imagine it going something like, 'Rondo quit on the Celtics and now that lack of effort has rubbed off on our current players, while Rondo plays better in Dallas.'

We couldnt hear enough about how great the team looked on friday because they can move the ball more now and all that other non-sense......and now hes no where to be found.
Greg

« Reply #228 on: December 21, 2014, 09:05:37 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Someone mentioned before, its because Rondo can't contribute to scoring, we play 4 on 5 in half court offense.

Replace elite playmaking with role player scoring and now we're playing 5 on 5.  No negative loss for our offense.  Maybe a slight positive.
Rondo can't contribute to scoring? Let's see how much KO or Sully scores with Pressey passing to them now.

Dallas were the leading team ppg with Ellis 4.7 ast/g, Nelson 4.1 ast/g, Harris 4.0 ast/g.
Oh yeah. That's why the Clippers would never worry about losing CP3. You just need good offense.

How on earth do Dallas score the most points in the league without an elite playmaker?   Same goes for Toronto,  GSW,  Phoenix,  Portland.

Find me a player on a championship team with Rondo's play style as part of a big3.  There are none.
2008 Celtics

10pts/g,  6ast/g.

KG,  PP,  RA.

I don't even..........
Rondo was absolutely a huge part of that team. Absolutely.

« Reply #229 on: December 21, 2014, 09:06:31 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

Are Toronto, GSW, Phoenix, and Portland championship teams now?

« Reply #230 on: December 21, 2014, 09:14:43 PM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford

Are Toronto, GSW, Phoenix, and Portland championship teams now?

2 separate sentences.    Reading comprehension.

« Reply #231 on: December 21, 2014, 09:22:37 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
The great thing here is that Rajon Rondo can no longer be blamed for this team's misfortunes, even though a few will try.

I'd imagine it going something like, 'Rondo quit on the Celtics and now that lack of effort has rubbed off on our current players, while Rondo plays better in Dallas.'

We couldnt hear enough about how great the team looked on friday because they can move the ball more now and all that other non-sense......and now hes no where to be found.

Different rotation tonight.

Smart, Turner, and Pressey at the point, please. No Jameer Nelson.

« Reply #232 on: December 21, 2014, 09:41:13 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Different rotation tonight.

Smart, Turner, and Pressey at the point, please. No Jameer Nelson.
none of them moved the ball all that well and worse, none of them were able to create much offense with good passes.  we're going to see more games like this the rest of the season rather than the game we saw against Minny

« Reply #233 on: December 22, 2014, 12:06:24 AM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford

2008 Celtics

10pts/g,  6ast/g.

KG,  PP,  RA.

I don't even..........
Rondo was absolutely a huge part of that team. Absolutely.

KG,  PP,  RA.

« Reply #234 on: December 22, 2014, 08:07:47 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I'm not saying that Smart is crap.  I like him a lot, but he's not even remotely close to Rondo, imo.
He is, in fact, VERY close to where Rondo was when he was 20, so...
koz, you raise very interesting point and i would like to see more. would you please expand on how they were similar?
In his age 20 season, Rondo played 20 mpg on a terrible team, started 20-odd games, shot in the low 40s (20% from three), and was good for 10 pts and 6 assists per 36. He looked like he may be a player, but he wasn't all THAT special at that age.

I fully expect Smart to be in the same ballpark where production is concerned, which is ok. It doesn't mean he won't turn out fine, whether or not people think he's a "savant".
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."