Author Topic: We actually look better  (Read 50510 times)

Re: We actually look better
« Reply #150 on: December 20, 2014, 05:30:07 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Smart the face of the franchise?  hmm

Why don't we wait until he has actually DONE something before you say crazy stuff like that?  Oh wait, you don't really want to wait to see how he actually plays for a year or two.  I see.  Good job.

Okay, so who is the face of the franchise? Go have it, I want to see the high levels of sanity at work. While you're at it though, who is the face of the franchise of Minnesota and Milwaukee? Just because a player's tenure has been short, does not mean they're not the face of the team, the most valuable asset the team possesses, and the key piece to the franchises future.

The obvious answer is no one ie we don't know yet.  If you want it to be Smart in your head,  then be my guest.  It could as easily be KO, or Sully, or player to be drafted or traded for later.  I wasn't the one saying anyone was the future of the Celtics that was you.  It is a work in progress.

Hmmm...interesting. What a bleak outlook you have. So who's our most valuable current asset?

Just because someone doesn't agree with you they have a bleak outlook?  haha you are funny

We have a lot of flexibility, tons of picks, good young players to develop, a good young coach, and DA working to make us good.  I am very optimistic.

Okay, you're optimistic. Cool. So for the 3rd time, who's our most valuable asset?

« Reply #151 on: December 20, 2014, 05:37:11 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

Why don't we wait until he has actually DONE something before you say crazy stuff like that?  Oh wait, you don't really want to wait to see how he actually plays for a year or two.  I see.  Good job.

Okay, so who is the face of the franchise? Go have it, I want to see the high levels of sanity at work. While you're at it though, who is the face of the franchise of Minnesota and Milwaukee? Just because a player's tenure has been short, does not mean they're not the face of the team, the most valuable asset the team possesses, and the key piece to the franchises future.

The obvious answer is no one ie we don't know yet.  If you want it to be Smart in your head,  then be my guest.  It could as easily be KO, or Sully, or player to be drafted or traded for later.  I wasn't the one saying anyone was the future of the Celtics that was you.  It is a work in progress.

Hmmm...interesting. What a bleak outlook you have. So who's our most valuable current asset?

Just because someone doesn't agree with you they have a bleak outlook?  haha you are funny

We have a lot of flexibility, tons of picks, good young players to develop, a good young coach, and DA working to make us good.  I am very optimistic.

Okay, you're optimistic. Cool. So for the 3rd time, who's our most valuable asset?

Asked and answered. Read what you quoted.

« Reply #152 on: December 20, 2014, 05:39:32 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Attention to detail. That was his response to who the face of the franchise was not our most valuable commodity.

« Reply #153 on: December 20, 2014, 05:51:49 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Attention to detail. That was his response to who the face of the franchise was not our most valuable commodity.

haha..attention to detail?  You aren't even paying attention to what you are writing.  It was the 2nd time you asked about the most valuable asset.

Who knows what it is, and I doubt that anyone on this board knows for sure either.  Our 1st round pick this year?  Sully?  Green?  That is for DA to figure out.  Have a nice day.

« Reply #154 on: December 20, 2014, 06:02:26 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Our most valuable commodity is Danny Ainge.

The guy is a genius.

« Reply #155 on: December 20, 2014, 06:02:30 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Yes, Smart is better than Rondo.

Most of the starting point guards in the league are.
Smart isn't a starting pg. He's so highly thought of by his coach that they started Evan T last night.

That's because of his injury. Smart is the face of the franchise and was way better than Rondo at the same age. Smart is the face of the franchise, but people are taking it out on him because Rondo, a flawed player who probably would've bolted in free agency, was traded.

Last I checked this was celticsblog not rondoblog, but you wouldn't know it judging by some of the shortsighted posts. Some Rondo fans have left (Tim? Tim?), but those that remain sound like dumped x's.
People were taking a dump on Rondo pretty much from the beginning here and were still doing so after he won a ring, had multiple all star games, multiple trip dubs, multiple all defensive teams, multiple years leading the league in assists, and after signing a pretty team friendly deal. Nobody owes Smart better than what Rondo got. Nobody is hoping Smart will be bad. It's just that when you inherit Rondo's spot (because Smart sure as heck didn't earn it or take it away from him) then you inherit what comes with it until you surpass Rondo.
I expect all the Rondo critics to be on top of Smart for some of the same things (can't shoot) until that changes. Unless they're phonies.

What Eja117, spot on.

« Reply #156 on: December 20, 2014, 06:02:56 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

haha..attention to detail?  You aren't even paying attention to what you are writing.  It was the 2nd time you asked about the most valuable asset.

Who knows what it is, and I doubt that anyone on this board knows for sure either.  Our 1st round pick this year?  Sully?  Green?  That is for DA to figure out.  Have a nice day.

The discrepancy between 2nd and third time mentioned is probably because he was trying to run away from lumping "Face of franchise" and "most valuable asset" together.

I like Smart, and getting worked up over empty terminology is boring to me, but I agree that we aren't committed to keeping him if a better option comes along, or in any way obligated to putting him alone on the team's upcoming yearbook.

That said, I would guess Smart individually is more valuable than any of our other players or picks individually.

« Reply #157 on: December 20, 2014, 06:03:35 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

You probably forgot when I said that tenure had no barring on value.

It's kind of funny because you started this whole bickering by saying that Smart being considered the face of the franchise was "crazy". Yet, when I disagreed you sneered and said "when someone doesn't agree with you they have a bleak outlook ". Don't you realize the inconsistency of those two statements?

Our most valuable asset on our current roster is Smart. This is only logical. He's in the 1st year of his rookie deal and has the most upside on our roster. To even suggest Green as a possibility is a stretch. Reports are they can't even get a 1st for him.

« Reply #158 on: December 20, 2014, 06:51:41 PM »

Offline Rondohara

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15

So there are people that think the Celtics played well yesterday?

Anyone really glad with a win versus one of the worst junk teams ever?

/ironic I'm sure that someone on the Spurs board posted a similar tread when they we're up 15 at the half vs.Philly without Duncan and Parker,  and when they got the win proudly stated "We're better now".

Playing against that full-trash Timberwolves team that can even lose to the sixers (being up at the half we're philly had a 9 point quarter  :o), should have won by 30 at least and it still wouldn't have been a good game.
Goal for next season: Top 2 seed.
Say goodbye to: Turner, Zeller, Sully.

« Reply #159 on: December 20, 2014, 07:33:11 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

You probably forgot when I said that tenure had no barring on value.

It's kind of funny because you started this whole bickering by saying that Smart being considered the face of the franchise was "crazy". Yet, when I disagreed you sneered and said "when someone doesn't agree with you they have a bleak outlook ". Don't you realize the inconsistency of those two statements?

Our most valuable asset on our current roster is Smart. This is only logical. He's in the 1st year of his rookie deal and has the most upside on our roster. To even suggest Green as a possibility is a stretch. Reports are they can't even get a 1st for him.

Smart needs to prove himself in order to be considered the face of the franchise, as of right he's not even starting over Turner and Bradley.

« Reply #160 on: December 20, 2014, 07:44:45 PM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
Someone mentioned before, its because Rondo can't contribute to scoring, we play 4 on 5 in half court offense.

Replace elite playmaking with role player scoring and now we're playing 5 on 5.  No negative loss for our offense.  Maybe a slight positive. 

« Reply #161 on: December 20, 2014, 08:24:58 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
No lazy defense.

No pounding the rock.

No bad attitudes.

No slowing down the pace.

Uptempo, here we come.

The pounding the ball argument is ridiculous and overstated, and Smart got a technical, so it's not all sunshine and rainbows, lol. ;D

Smart's 20 yrs old. It will be ok. Let the kid develop, than run your mouth.

I'm not saying that Smart is crap.  I like him a lot, but he's not even remotely close to Rondo, imo.

Funny you say that, because just yesterday on Felger and Maz, Maxwell was saying how he thinks Smart is better than Rondo right now because Smart plays both sides of the ball. Again, this is today, not 2012.

Well, that explains a lot about your posts, lol, if you honestly think that any of those three idiots knows anything about basketball.  That statement is nothing but pure hyperbole.  Anyone on here could fill in for Max, btw.  All you have to do is say 'basketball' about 100 times a game, and always answer questions like, "I think you look at it right now..."  I lost all respect for him when he told Violet Palmer to get back in the kitchen.  What a tool.

« Reply #162 on: December 20, 2014, 08:26:37 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Smart isn't a starting pg. He's so highly thought of by his coach that they started Evan T last night.

That's because of his injury. Smart is the face of the franchise and was way better than Rondo at the same age. Smart is the face of the franchise, but people are taking it out on him because Rondo, a flawed player who probably would've bolted in free agency, was traded.

Last I checked this was celticsblog not rondoblog, but you wouldn't know it judging by some of the shortsighted posts. Some Rondo fans have left (Tim? Tim?), but those that remain sound like dumped x's.
People were taking a dump on Rondo pretty much from the beginning here and were still doing so after he won a ring, had multiple all star games, multiple trip dubs, multiple all defensive teams, multiple years leading the league in assists, and after signing a pretty team friendly deal. Nobody owes Smart better than what Rondo got. Nobody is hoping Smart will be bad. It's just that when you inherit Rondo's spot (because Smart sure as heck didn't earn it or take it away from him) then you inherit what comes with it until you surpass Rondo.
I expect all the Rondo critics to be on top of Smart for some of the same things (can't shoot) until that changes. Unless they're phonies.

What Eja117, spot on.

Ditto, TP.

« Reply #163 on: December 20, 2014, 08:34:08 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
I'm not saying that Smart is crap.  I like him a lot, but he's not even remotely close to Rondo, imo.
He is, in fact, VERY close to where Rondo was when he was 20, so...
Rondo was a great passer. Smart isn't. Rondo had savant type court vision and awareness. Smart doesn't.

Bingo.  The first time I saw Rondo in the preseason, he was incredible, whereas with Smart, I see a guy who plays with a lot of intensity, but is nowhere near Rondo in any facet of the game.  Not only can he not even finish layups against the most minimal amount of traffic, but he couldn't even make a routine bounce pass to Zeller yesterday for a dunk.  Actually, I'm sorry, I look at that pass as 'routine' now because Rondo made it look so effortless out there, even if he had to get it through two guys.  Smart has had a couple of great passes, and it certainly looks like he's picked up quite a bit from Rondo, but unlike our former captain, :'(, Smart hardly has eyes in the back of his head, to say the least.

« Reply #164 on: December 20, 2014, 08:38:22 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Oh, I think you've made it quite clear over time that this is hardly 'rondoblog.'  I also find it hilarious that you're making excuses for Smart due to a his 'injury,' which is an ankle sprain, but you wouldn't even remotely entertain the idea of extending that same courtesy to Rondo, who partially tore his acl. ::) Gimme a break!