Author Topic: We actually look better  (Read 50499 times)

Re: We actually look better
« Reply #135 on: December 20, 2014, 04:31:08 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Yes, Smart is better than Rondo.

Most of the starting point guards in the league are.
Smart isn't a starting pg. He's so highly thought of by his coach that they started Evan T last night.

That's because of his injury. Smart is the face of the franchise and was way better than Rondo at the same age. Smart is the face of the franchise, but people are taking it out on him because Rondo, a flawed player who probably would've bolted in free agency, was traded.

Last I checked this was celticsblog not rondoblog, but you wouldn't know it judging by some of the shortsighted posts. Some Rondo fans have left (Tim? Tim?), but those that remain sound like dumped x's.
People were taking a dump on Rondo pretty much from the beginning here and were still doing so after he won a ring, had multiple all star games, multiple trip dubs, multiple all defensive teams, multiple years leading the league in assists, and after signing a pretty team friendly deal. Nobody owes Smart better than what Rondo got. Nobody is hoping Smart will be bad. It's just that when you inherit Rondo's spot (because Smart sure as heck didn't earn it or take it away from him) then you inherit what comes with it until you surpass Rondo.
I expect all the Rondo critics to be on top of Smart for some of the same things (can't shoot) until that changes. Unless they're phonies.

« Reply #136 on: December 20, 2014, 04:31:54 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Smart isn't a starting pg. He's so highly thought of by his coach that they started Evan T last night.

What is your issue? Rondo is gone. Get over it

Smart is the future. His effort level is incredible

« Reply #137 on: December 20, 2014, 04:38:12 PM »

Offline bobbyv

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
Meh. We'll see by the end of the season if you're still saying we're better without him.

« Reply #138 on: December 20, 2014, 04:38:22 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141

::)

« Reply #139 on: December 20, 2014, 04:41:17 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

« Reply #140 on: December 20, 2014, 04:45:53 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Smart the face of the franchise?  hmm

Why don't we wait until he has actually DONE something before you say crazy stuff like that?  Oh wait, you don't really want to wait to see how he actually plays for a year or two.  I see.  Good job.

« Reply #141 on: December 20, 2014, 04:50:11 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Why don't we wait until he has actually DONE something before you say crazy stuff like that?  Oh wait, you don't really want to wait to see how he actually plays for a year or two.  I see.  Good job.

Its bc of smart danny was comfortable shipping rondo to the mava

« Reply #142 on: December 20, 2014, 04:50:47 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Okay, so who is the face of the franchise? Go have it, I want to see the high levels of sanity at work. While you're at it though, who is the face of the franchise of Minnesota and Milwaukee? Just because a player's tenure has been short, does not mean they're not the face of the team, the most valuable asset the team possesses, and the key piece to the franchises future.

« Reply #143 on: December 20, 2014, 04:53:59 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

Okay, so who is the face of the franchise? Go have it, I want to see the high levels of sanity at work. While you're at it though, who is the face of the franchise of Minnesota and Milwaukee? Just because a player's tenure has been short, does not mean they're not the face of the team, the most valuable asset the team possesses, and the key piece to the franchises future.

The obvious answer is no one ie we don't know yet.  If you want it to be Smart in your head,  then be my guest.  It could as easily be KO, or Sully, or player to be drafted or traded for later.  I wasn't the one saying anyone was the future of the Celtics that was you.  It is a work in progress.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 05:04:05 PM by blink »

« Reply #144 on: December 20, 2014, 04:55:13 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
We are going to make the playoffs I think.

We will . Or at worse it will be close.  We are not going to sukk like last season

lol you can't be serious?
We beat the Timberwolves missing Rubio and Pekovic and we are playoff material?
Or was it because we traded away our best player?

Why do some of your posts remind me of a drooling baby?

If season ended today we would be in the play-offs, so doesn't that make us play-off material??

« Reply #145 on: December 20, 2014, 04:57:27 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Who's our best player?

http://www.82games.com/1415/1415BOS.HTM
This site places Wayne Ellington as the best Laker and Kobe 9th.  Actually maybe it's a pretty good web site.

« Reply #146 on: December 20, 2014, 04:58:13 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Realistically I'm not sure he's a top 3 college player right now.

« Reply #147 on: December 20, 2014, 05:00:25 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
We are going to make the playoffs I think.

We will . Or at worse it will be close.  We are not going to sukk like last season

lol you can't be serious?
We beat the Timberwolves missing Rubio and Pekovic and we are playoff material?
Or was it because we traded away our best player?

Why do some of your posts remind me of a drooling baby?

If season ended today we would be in the play-offs, so doesn't that make us play-off material??

Well 8th in a historically bad eastern conf with a barely over .400 winning %.  I think Chambers was probably factoring all that in.

« Reply #148 on: December 20, 2014, 05:19:12 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

The obvious answer is no one ie we don't know yet.  If you want it to be Smart in your head,  then be my guest.  It could as easily be KO, or Sully, or player to be drafted or traded for later.  I wasn't the one saying anyone was the future of the Celtics that was you.  It is a work in progress.

Hmmm...interesting. What a bleak outlook you have. So who's our most valuable current asset?

« Reply #149 on: December 20, 2014, 05:28:43 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

Hmmm...interesting. What a bleak outlook you have. So who's our most valuable current asset?

Just because someone doesn't agree with you they have a bleak outlook?  haha you are funny

We have a lot of flexibility, tons of picks, good young players to develop, a good young coach, and DA working to find us a new core.  I am very optimistic.