Author Topic: We actually look better  (Read 50494 times)

Re: We actually look better
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2014, 12:06:23 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
If you can't win at home against the T Wolves then you are Philly

So, the Nets and Lakers are Philly.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2014, 12:07:03 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
We are a better team without Rondo.

Thank you, Danny.

It's a no brainer .

Yeah, as in neither one of you seems to have half a brain between you.

Want to bet?

From your posts, that's been the only logical conclusion, quite honestly.  I just don't understand why people were so willing to trade a guy like Rondo for, wait, what did we get for him again?  Oh right - nothing.  Unbelievable.

yeah a 1st round pick is nothing.  12 TE is nothing . How did we get Zeller, Thornton and Cavs 1st again??

Oh, so we traded Rondo for two backups (Zeller/Wright), three scrubs (Nelson, Crowder, Thornton), and two late first rounders. At least Rondo will make them bettew so we can flip.... oh wait. You just won the argument that proves diminishing return on Rondo, but now you're trying to talk up what we got because they got traded for him? Stop while you're on top. At least be consistent on your stance like LarBrd33. He's consistently stood by the idea that Rondo's value had been going down. You've went from trashing Rondo's value (which you were proven right on) to saying how great what we got back is. Pick one or the other, man.

+ 1 , the rondo hate is crazy

« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2014, 12:10:48 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Thank you, Danny.

It's a no brainer .

Want to bet?

From your posts, that's been the only logical conclusion, quite honestly.  I just don't understand why people were so willing to trade a guy like Rondo for, wait, what did we get for him again?  Oh right - nothing.  Unbelievable.

yeah a 1st round pick is nothing.  12 TE is nothing . How did we get Zeller, Thornton and Cavs 1st again??

Oh, so we traded Rondo for two backups (Zeller/Wright), three scrubs (Nelson, Crowder, Thornton), and two late first rounders. At least Rondo will make them bettew so we can flip.... oh wait. You just won the argument that proves diminishing return on Rondo, but now you're trying to talk up what we got because they got traded for him? Stop while you're on top. At least be consistent on your stance like LarBrd33. He's consistently stood by the idea that Rondo's value had been going down. You've went from trashing Rondo's value (which you were proven right on) to saying how great what we got back is. Pick one or the other, man.

+ 1 , the rondo hate is crazy

The immaturity around here is reaching record levels.

« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2014, 12:19:18 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
To Triboy and Chris22 - I'd like to sincerely apologize for what I've said.  I know we differ in opinions, but I didn't need to say any of those things, and I'm very, very, sorry.  Truce?  This is just really tough for me right now.  I haven't been this livid in a long time, but I still shouldn't have taken it out on either one of you.  Clearly, I'm the one with less than of half of a brain around here, lol. ;) ;D  Sorry. 

« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2014, 12:20:59 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
You mean the guy that couldn't average 10 ppg on a team where the top scorer is Jeff Green? What did you think he was worth, again?

He's priceless.

« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2014, 12:33:51 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
We are going to make the playoffs I think.

We will . Or at worse it will be close.  We are not going to sukk like last season

lol you can't be serious?
We beat the Timberwolves missing Rubio and Pekovic and we are playoff material?
Or was it because we traded away our best player?

Why do some of your posts remind me of a drooling baby?

hahaha ok i just almost spilled my drink when I read that one...

« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2014, 12:35:25 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
You mean the guy that couldn't average 10 ppg on a team where the top scorer is Jeff Green? What did you think he was worth, again?

He's priceless.

Or worthless.  To-may-to.  To-mah-to.

Mike

« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2014, 12:37:20 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

He's priceless.

Or worthless.  To-may-to.  To-mah-to.

Mike

Haha I prefer Sterling Archer's usage of the saying "po-ta-toe; pa-dil-do" lol

« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2014, 12:40:12 AM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
No lazy defense.

No pounding the rock.

No bad attitudes.

No slowing down the pace.

Uptempo, here we come.

« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2014, 12:43:36 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

They're living in the past. Too caught up in Rondo's performances from 2012 and older to pay any attention to his actual impact, or lack thereof, on the game now.

Beat LA, you constantly harp on the return being "nothing", but isn't that actually an indictment on Rondo? Ainge scoured the league and the "nothing" package you moan about is the absolute best he could get back. That says much more about Rondo's current status as a player, then it does about Ainge as a GM. If only Rondo were regarded as a better player, say a top 30 guy like you often claim, then surely the return would've been better. Would it not?

Nope.  I'm sorry, but this is all about Ainge to me, because for those of you who believe that Danny is such a great gm and that he was responsible for extending the window of the then-Big Three, the guy that you should be praising for our extended run is Rondo.  Say what you will for the guy, but if he hadn't grown into the player that he is today (and yes, I can hear all of you saying, "what, you mean a grossly overrated role player?"), we would not have achieved anywhere near the success that we did even as the Big Three aged.  It was Rondo who still made them look like world beaters.  It was Rondo who made their jobs so much easier when they could no longer consistently create their own offense, and it was Rondo who became our most indispensable player once Garnett got injured.  Ainge had plenty of chances to rebuild and retool on the fly, and he failed at each and every opportunity to give us a much better transition from one era to the next without all of this mess.  It never should have come to this.  Do you think that Ainge would have been able to get what he did (which I will always hate as a transaction just as much as this most recent one.  I don't care how many picks he got for them - those guys are legends, for which you never get equal value.  I'd feel perhaps somewhat better about those draft choices if Ainge could actually select good players, but he only serves to compound his mistake in this regard, imo.) for KG and Pierce if they had been playing with Deron Williams?  Right.  Do you think that Avery Bradley would have gotten anywhere near that turd of a contract had he not played with Rondo?  Right.

I know that Rondo might not have had the best defense this year, but Bradley hasn't been a shining star, either, and I think that a lot of that has to do with the fact that Garnett is no longer quarterbacking our defense.  KG made a 36 year old Ray Allen with bone spurs still look like a competent defensive player, for crying out loud, and that's really the point of all of this - those guys not only fit so well together, but they also made each other better players.  Danny had his chances, and he blew it.  Year after year after year.  The transition should have been a lot smoother, imo.

« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2014, 12:44:13 AM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134

Thank you, Danny.

It's a no brainer .

Want to bet?

You have to understand the circumstances going into this trade & quite frankly, you don't. Ainge maximized what he could given the situation.

« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2014, 12:45:34 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
No lazy defense.

No pounding the rock.

No bad attitudes.

Uptempo, here we come.

The pounding the ball argument is ridiculous and overstated, and Smart got a technical, so it's not all sunshine and rainbows, lol. ;D

« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2014, 12:46:19 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Thank you, Danny.

It's a no brainer .

Want to bet?

You have to understand the circumstances going into this trade & quite frankly, you don't. Ainge maximized what he could given the situation.

Whatever you say.

« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2014, 12:47:37 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
To Triboy and Chris22 - I'd like to sincerely apologize for what I've said.  I know we differ in opinions, but I didn't need to say any of those things, and I'm very, very, sorry.  Truce?  This is just really tough for me right now.  I haven't been this livid in a long time, but I still shouldn't have taken it out on either one of you.  Clearly, I'm the one with less than of half of a brain around here, lol. ;) ;D  Sorry.

Apology accepted.

It's just a basketball game after all.

« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2014, 12:49:12 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
No lazy defense.

No pounding the rock.

No bad attitudes.

Uptempo, here we come.

The pounding the ball argument is ridiculous and overstated, and Smart got a technical, so it's not all sunshine and rainbows, lol. ;D

Rondo has a supremely superior handle compared to Smart , and much better playmaker.

I like Smart a lot though . Looks like Tony Allen with a better offensive game.