Author Topic: We actually look better  (Read 50647 times)

Re: We actually look better
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2014, 11:24:42 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
We are a better team without Rondo.

Thank you, Danny.

It's a no brainer .

Yeah, as in neither one of you seems to have half a brain between you.

Want to bet?

« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2014, 11:26:09 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43

We are going to make the playoffs I think.

We will . Or at worse it will be close.  We are not going to sukk like last season

lol you can't be serious?
We beat the Timberwolves missing Rubio and Pekovic and we are playoff material?
Or was it because we traded away our best player?

Why do some of your posts remind me of a drooling baby?

to me you lack foresight

we will see who is right
Take a look at the standings. We are in 8th, one game ahead of the nets and 5 in the loss column ahead of the next closest team "it's gonna be close" sounds about right to me.

« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2014, 11:27:29 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Thank you, Danny.

It's a no brainer .

Want to bet?

From your posts, that's been the only logical conclusion, quite honestly.  I just don't understand why people were so willing to trade a guy like Rondo for, wait, what did we get for him again?  Oh right - nothing.  Unbelievable.

« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2014, 11:34:10 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
If you can't win at home against the T Wolves then you are Philly
well said. playing teams like the wolves will make most teams look better. but then again, shouldnt credible teams do very much what the celtics did tonight? it goes both ways i suppose.

so what the heck was my point in this post?  ??? ???
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2014, 11:44:01 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
From your posts, that's been the only logical conclusion, quite honestly.  I just don't understand why people were so willing to trade a guy like Rondo for, wait, what did we get for him again?  Oh right - nothing.  Unbelievable.
You mean the guy that couldn't average 10 ppg on a team where the top scorer is Jeff Green? What did you think he was worth, again?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2014, 11:44:41 PM »

Offline truth4lyfe

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 2
If you can't win at home against the T Wolves then you are Philly
well said. playing teams like the wolves will make most teams look better. but then again, shouldnt credible teams do very much what the celtics did tonight? it goes both ways i suppose.

so what the heck was my point in this post?  ??? ???

The East is so weak that the 8 seed will probably have about 35 wins. If we don't trade away our vets, we could easily be within striking distance of the 8 seed all year.

« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2014, 11:45:09 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I agree that Rondo was bad for a rebuilding team

BUT

He is in the perfect situation with Dallas. He has a go to scorer( Dirk) , a rim protector behind him(Tyson) , a very good secondary scorer/ball handler ( Ellis) and a very good offensive player/knock down shooter ( Parsons) . This starting lineup takes away many of his flaws .

I expect Dallas to at least reach the western conference finals.

« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2014, 11:46:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Thank you, Danny.

It's a no brainer .

Want to bet?

yeah a 1st round pick is nothing.  12 TE is nothing . How did we get Zeller, Thornton and Cavs 1st again??

« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2014, 11:48:39 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I agree that Rondo was bad for a rebuilding team

BUT

He is in the perfect situation with Dallas. He has a go to scorer( Dirk) , a rim protector behind him(Tyson) , a very good secondary scorer/ball handler ( Ellis) and a very good offensive player/knock down shooter ( Parsons) . This starting lineup takes away many of his flaws .

I expect Dallas to at least reach the western conference finals.

They are not beating a healthy Spurs or OKC team

« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2014, 11:54:32 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Thank you, Danny.

It's a no brainer .

Want to bet?

What was your suggestion? Drummond for Rondo? Westbrook for Rondo?

I think you need to wake up from the 40 plus performance Rondo had vs the Heat in the playoffs like 5 years ago

His triple doubles or near triple doubles this season for the most part have been empty calories

« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2014, 11:56:46 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
29 assists without "the quarterback"
ball movement was fantastic tonight. 

Seriously... Can't wait to see if rondo cripples the mavs offense. They had the best ball movement in the league.
No...they didn't. The Celtics were/are actually better at moving the ball and generating assists.

« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2014, 11:59:00 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Imo we are going to be Phoenix Suns of the east this season. But have a much better chance to make 7th, 8th unlike the Suns in the tough west

« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2014, 12:01:44 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
29 assists without "the quarterback"
ball movement was fantastic tonight. 

Seriously... Can't wait to see if rondo cripples the mavs offense. They had the best ball movement in the league.
No...they didn't. The Celtics were/are actually better at moving the ball and generating assists.

That's true. The Mavericks do have the best offense in the league, though.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2014, 12:02:27 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
You mean the guy that couldn't average 10 ppg on a team where the top scorer is Jeff Green? What did you think he was worth, again?

They're living in the past. Too caught up in Rondo's performances from 2012 and older to pay any attention to his actual impact, or lack thereof, on the game now.

Beat LA, you constantly harp on the return being "nothing", but isn't that actually an indictment on Rondo? Ainge scoured the league and the "nothing" package you moan about is the absolute best he could get back. That says much more about Rondo's current status as a player, then it does about Ainge as a GM. If only Rondo were regarded as a better player, say a top 30 guy like you often claim, then surely the return would've been better. Would it not?

« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2014, 12:05:38 AM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349

Thank you, Danny.

It's a no brainer .

Want to bet?

yeah a 1st round pick is nothing.  12 TE is nothing . How did we get Zeller, Thornton and Cavs 1st again??

Oh, so we traded Rondo for two backups (Zeller/Wright), three scrubs (Nelson, Crowder, Thornton), and two late first rounders. At least Rondo will make them better so we can flip.... oh wait. You just won the argument that proves diminishing return on Rondo, but now you're trying to talk up what we got because they got traded for him? Stop while you're on top. At least be consistent on your stance like LarBrd33. He's consistently stood by the idea that Rondo's value had been going down. You've went from trashing Rondo's value (which you were proven right on) to saying how great what we got back is. Pick one or the other, man.