Author Topic: The Celtics are now likely buyers between now and the deadline?  (Read 576 times)

The Celtics are now likely buyers between now and the deadline?
« on: December 19, 2014, 07:10:22 PM »

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597
   I cant see them not consolidating all these assets!  There is no way they plan on drafting all these players and building that way!  It must be their intention to use the contracts of Bass and/or Wallace along with a bunch of draft picks to acquire a starting center from a team out of the playoff race one would think!  This team is not a contender this year but the C's are in no position to tank either!  I think there is going to be a big trade or two in the near future!

Re: The Celtics are now likely buyers between now and the deadline?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 07:17:51 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
Woah! That's a lot of exclamation points.  I think they will be an opportunistic buyer if something comes along, but more likely are sellers.  I actually expect them to use most of their 2015 picks, either by drafting, or by trading up in the draft with picks to get better players.

I'm prepared for an organic build mostly through the draft, and maybe with some splashes in free agency if we can attract anybody.  Not gonna be a quick fixer upper this time.

Re: The Celtics are now likely buyers between now and the deadline?
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 07:39:14 PM »

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597
  I just don't see much to sell.  Bass and Wallace's contracts are worth nothing by themselves but would be useful as salary fodder along with draft picks and other players to acquire talent.  If the plan is to try and keep Green(my suggestion as he would be very hard to replace) then you should upgrade the starting center spot and make a run at the playoffs.  I don't like their chances in free agency but anything can happen  and waiting it out and consolidating the picks to move up in the draft is definitely possible.  No exclamation points!  Well one.