Author Topic: Smart makes his mark tonight  (Read 4753 times)

Re: Smart makes his mark tonight
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2014, 09:47:12 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Next trade is to trade Chris Manix.

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2014, 09:59:09 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
I have not seen anything in Marcus to make me think he has it in him.  Hope I'm wrong.
You mean you don't have lots of faith in a guy that can't shoot, can't pass, can't rebound, and was pwned by John Wall recently despite his supposed all universe defense?  For shame.

Saying he got pwned by Wall is a bit much, there were parts of that game where Smart was outplaying him.  Wall had a great game but he also had 10 turnovers, they all werent bc of Smart but several were in the 2nd half and part of OT.  He had 23 points in the game too I believe. 

Not the best game to use as an example to be down on the guy
Greg

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2014, 09:59:38 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
It's called team ball, team passing, no more pounding the ball into the floor looking to play hero ball.

Kelly has stepped it up big time, future 6th man award winner if this onslaught keeps up.

Marcus Smart is a leader, he wills a team to the finish line. He plays best in the fourth quarter at the games end.

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2014, 01:51:12 AM »

Offline Kadin

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 29
Could Mahcus Smaht be the closer we've been waiting for? I guess we'll see.

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2014, 02:38:04 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Could Mahcus Smaht be the closer we've been waiting for? I guess we'll see.
Dare I say it he looked a little Rose-ish down the stretch taking it to the rack and hitting the big corner three ball.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2014, 03:51:48 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
Mahcus Smaht is hahd to gahd  ;D

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2014, 07:39:18 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I have not seen anything in Marcus to make me think he has it in him.  Hope I'm wrong.
You mean you don't have lots of faith in a guy that can't shoot, can't pass, can't rebound, and was pwned by John Wall recently despite his supposed all universe defense?  For shame.

Saying he got pwned by Wall is a bit much, there were parts of that game where Smart was outplaying him.  Wall had a great game but he also had 10 turnovers, they all werent bc of Smart but several were in the 2nd half and part of OT.  He had 23 points in the game too I believe. 

Not the best game to use as an example to be down on the guy
Smart is supposedly known for his defense but Wall has no trouble faking Smart out of his shoes and going right by him. He did it in two straight games and in the second one at the absolute worst time.

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2014, 07:49:43 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Next year is when smart will make his mark (hopefully)
he needs a period of health and time to improve some of his game
great defender from the get go, better than bradley or tony allen, makes nice plays as a point guard needs to see things better and work on shot

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2014, 08:23:08 AM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
He needs to work on his Pick n roll ball handling , too ma y times I see him lose the handle n get stolen.

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2014, 09:14:22 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
L'il Phil is also inching along as a player. At .458, he's actually shooting better from the 2 this year than Thornton or Smart (or dearly departed Rondo). He's a surprisingly good defender for his size, and he gets the kind of offensive movement and pressure going that Stevens wants.

His bugaboo of course is his 3pt shooting, where he's still only at .207. But he's been better there of late and if he can pull that up to respectability he could grab a hold of the position as Smart's main backup.