Author Topic: Kendrick Perkins says Rondo 'Wanted out, but would never tell anyone.'  (Read 4204 times)

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Looks like Jackie MacMullan was right all along....

Marc Spears with a few zingers from one of Rondo's best buddies:

While Rajon Rondo continued to say publicly he was committed to staying with the Boston Celtics, Rondo's former teammate and close friend, Kendrick Perkins, knew he truly felt different. "He wanted out, but he would never say that though," Perkins told Yahoo Sports. Yahoo! Sports - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.NKMxzN78.dpuf

"Going to nice weather, a contender," Perkins said. "Hopefully, he will do what he got to do in terms of his contract extension. It's a great opportunity. I'm happy for him. I'm not happy he is in the West, but I'm happy for him. His time was probably up in Boston. He did his due."
Yahoo! Sports - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.NKMxzN78.dpuf

"He was cool, happy. He was excited. He's going to a contender. He's 29 [years old] so rebuilding is out of the question now." Yahoo! Sports - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.NKMxzN78.dpuf

Once the Kevin Love dream was over, I think he was on a train somewhere out West- mentally and emotionally. Probably explains a lot of his poor numbers looking at the bigger picture.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Re: Kendrick Perkins says Rondo 'Wanted out, but would never tell anyone.'
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 05:48:43 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
I know that Rondo is gone anyway, but i don't understand why Perk would go out and say that Rondo didn't like it here. I suppose that it was something private between Perk and Rondo (and maybe others) no need to go out and hurt Rondo's image by saying that he didn't want to stay here. Dumb move by Perk, but then again that's my opinion ::)
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 06:20:37 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
I know that Rondo is gone anyway, but i don't understand why Perk would go out and say that Rondo didn't like it here. I suppose that it was something private between Perk and Rondo (and maybe others) no need to go out and hurt Rondo's image by saying that he didn't want to stay here. Dumb move by Perk, but then again that's my opinion ::)

The Celtics are a lottery team with no young stars on the roster. Would it be so odd that Rondo would want to leave for a better basketball situation? It's not like Perk said that Rondo hated the city of Boston or the organization, just that Rondo wasn't happy here. Though, obviously the "nice weather" comment was a little dig. Can't blame Perk though, because he's from Texas.

We fans have no reason to take it personally if a sports figure would want to leave a rebuilding situation. Rebuilding in the NBA is a long process and teams very rarely suddenly become contenders.

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 06:42:13 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green

The Celtics are a lottery team with no young stars on the roster. Would it be so odd that Rondo would want to leave for a better basketball situation? It's not like Perk said that Rondo hated the city of Boston or the organization, just that Rondo wasn't happy here. Though, obviously the "nice weather" comment was a little dig. Can't blame Perk though, because he's from Texas.

We fans have no reason to take it personally if a sports figure would want to leave a rebuilding situation. Rebuilding in the NBA is a long process and teams very rarely suddenly become contenders.
I feel you :)!
I just don't like the fact that we had to hear it from Perk :P I think that my last statement was based on my moral standards, because personally I wouldn't tell the press something my friend told me.
I have no problem with Rondo not being happy here, but I'd rather hear it from him than Perk ;D
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 07:07:32 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 290

Actually this kind of supports the notion that Jackie was making stuff up based on her own speculation. Jackie said Rondo told them he wanted out. Perkins indicated that he never did (though he wanted to).

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 07:14:16 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Actually this kind of supports the notion that Jackie was making stuff up based on her own speculation. Jackie said Rondo told them he wanted out. Perkins indicated that he never did (though he wanted to).

That's only true if you believe that Perkins meant "nobody" literally, rather than anyone in the Celtics front office.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 07:32:07 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 290

That's only true if you believe that Perkins meant "nobody" literally, rather than anyone in the Celtics front office.

Still nothing here that supports Jackie. Many were speculating that Rondo would be traded and some that he wanted to be. Jackie made the claim that he expressed his desire to be traded and there's still no evidence that that was the case.

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 07:38:58 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald

Still nothing here that supports Jackie. Many were speculating that Rondo would be traded and some that he wanted to be. Jackie made the claim that he expressed his desire to be traded and there's still no evidence that that was the case.

Actually, that's your interpretation of what was said- and it's an interpretation that doesn't make sense to me.

No evidence?
Jackie Mac says 4 or 5 months ago that she has heard that Rondo wants out. Now we don't know the context of wanting out. Was it if they couldn't get Love? Was it if they couldn't get another star next to him, and then he wanted out?
Or did he just wanted out of the rebuild?
The day after he is traded, his best friend Kendrick Perkins says: 'Rondo wanted out', and suggest that at age 29, he is too old for a rebuild now.
'He wouldn't tell anyone' could apply to the entire world outside the front office or his camp.
Jackie Mac, a very credible reporter, said the same thing- months ago.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 08:05:18 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82

Actually, that's your interpretation of what was said- and it's an interpretation that doesn't make sense to me.

No evidence?
Jackie Mac says 4 or 5 months ago that she has heard that Rondo wants out. Now we don't know the context of wanting out. Was it if they couldn't get Love? Was it if they couldn't get another star next to him, and then he wanted out?
The day after he is traded, his best friend Kendrick Perkins says: 'Rondo wanted out', and suggest that at age 29, he is too old for a rebuild now.
'He wouldn't tell anyone' could apply to the entire world outside the front office or his camp.

Everyone on the planet (other than some highly-deluded Celts fans, most in residence here, I'm afraid) knew that RR wouldn't stay for the rebuild and that management did not want him to.  Even Bill Simmons (and Jalen) cackled like hens when they tackled the proposition that RR might be in Boston long-term.  Jackie Mac was spot on, and those here who questioned her integrity as a reporter should be ashamed of themselves...you all know you are, and the rest of us know too.  >:(

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 08:22:47 PM »

Online csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237

No evidence?

Everyone on the planet (other than some highly-deluded Celts fans, most in residence here, I'm afraid) knew that RR wouldn't stay for the rebuild and that management did not want him to.  Even Bill Simmons (and Jalen) cackled like hens when they tackled the proposition that RR might be in Boston long-term.  Jackie Mac was spot on, and those here who questioned her integrity as a reporter should be ashamed of themselves...you all know you are, and the rest of us know too.  >:(

Jackie, is that you!! ;D

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 08:41:44 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

That's just Perkins speculating though

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 10:01:43 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

No evidence?
The day after he is traded, his best friend Kendrick Perkins says: 'Rondo wanted out', and suggest that at age 29, he istoo old for a rebuild now.

Everyone on the planet (other than some highly-deluded Celts fans, most in residence here, I'm afraid) knew that RR wouldn't stay for the rebuild and that management did not want him to.  Even Bill Simmons (and Jalen) cackled like hens when they tackled the proposition that RR might be in Boston long-term.  Jackie Mac was spot on, and those here who questioned her integrity as a reporter should be ashamed of themselves...you all know you are, and the rest of us know too.   
Geez relax bro. Are we really get bent sideways over a reporter?

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 10:17:47 PM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30

He could have had reason to believe Rondo would be fine with him saying it.

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 10:54:28 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald

That's just Perkins speculating though

Oh it is? When did he tell you that?

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2014, 10:58:06 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221

He could have had reason to believe Rondo would be fine with him saying it.

I don't know,as quiet as Rondo is about his personal business I would guess he probably didn't expect Perk to tell the media (very odd in my opinion). The thing with Perk is he's very talkative so he probably didn't really think anything about it.