Author Topic: (LIVE) Rondo (and Powell) press conference.  (Read 8525 times)

Re: (LIVE) Rondo (and Powell) press conference.
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2014, 07:22:25 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1466
Well it will be interesting to see how things turn out in Dallas.  Rondo was extremely classy when talking about the C's, boston, and DA.  Probably a more difficult transition than KG/PP had in that it is mid season.  But he is going to a better team...

Makes you wonder if there was a verbal agreement on him resigning w/ Dallas, or if they are just all running on hope that things will work out.  I know it has been reported that Rondo said he was willing to resign in Dallas, but well a lot of things get reported...

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2014, 07:24:35 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Can't wait to see the Celts play tonight, Rondoless

Goodluck Rondo. Hope you get your parade.

Very disappointed in the guy

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2014, 07:33:17 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
rondo does not look sad he is no longer a Celtic. Sounds like all he cares about is winning a ring

Now you're just being a hater.  :-*

no i'm not. It's just the truth.    Look at the guy.

Reporter: How can you describe your time as a Celtic??
Rondo: Good......... i'm excited to play with Dirk, Monta, etc.  I want another parade

Seriously what a guy.  Thats the way he played on the court for us also.

Naw i'm not going to stand and clap Jan 2nd.

Kinda stinks that Rondo isn't giving props to Boston. KG was gushing over the team during press conferences.

Man, I wonder how hard Smart is going to D Rondo when they come to town? Should be interesting.

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2014, 08:46:30 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Rondo says he was fortunate to play with future Hall of Famers and, in Doc Rivers, a great coach in the past--and he's looking forward to getting back to playing with great players and a great coach again. (Ouch.)

What? I thought Stevens was his "best friend".

I'm sure they are?

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2014, 08:51:30 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
rondo does not look sad he is no longer a Celtic. Sounds like all he cares about is winning a ring

Rondo: Good......... i'm excited to play with Dirk, Monta, etc.  I want another parade

Kinda stinks that Rondo isn't giving props to Boston. KG was gushing over the team during press conferences.

Man, I wonder how hard Smart is going to D Rondo when they come to town? Should be interesting.

Well since what triboy wrote wasn't what was said in the press conference I am not surprised you are confused.  Rondo was extremely classy about his time with the C's. He thanked the fans and the city and DA.  I don't know how anyone could interpret that is not giving props to the Cs.  But whatever...

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2014, 09:00:37 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
Rondo said he played his hardest every night in Boston.....

« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2014, 09:08:31 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Haters gonna hate. Stevens, so far, has proved that he can sort of coach bad players. That's it. He's definitely not on Doc's level, even when Doc was a rookie Head Coach playing with a similarly awful team. Plus Rondo played only/roughly a lockout season under Stevens.

That said, I dunno. The last link to 2008 and 2010 just got traded. Shouldn't we wish him the best and focus on the hodgepodge that are actually in Celtics uniforms? I'm far from the oldest fan here, but I remember life before Paul Pierce. I remember life before Toine, Big Al, and Delonte, and Telfair, and TA, and basically everyone else that shuttled in and out during the particularly awful brand of Celtics basketball that more or less defined my formative years.  Wish 'em well when they leave, and they're always welcome back, but it's past tense stuff at that point.

Sorry, I've been drinking and I can't find a place to watch the game that isn't a sports bar (screw sports bars).
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2014, 10:04:33 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Well since what triboy wrote wasn't what was said in the press conference I am not surprised you are confused.  Rondo was extremely classy about his time with the C's. He thanked the fans and the city and DA.  I don't know how anyone could interpret that is not giving props to the Cs.  But whatever...

Rondo: "Obviously I'm very excited to be here. Coming from a great situation in Boston, I'm very thankful for all the things they did for me and the fan base. But I'm ready to start a new chapter here with the Dallas Mavericks and I'm very excited to be here."

"The fans there are probably the best fans I've ever played for."

He also talked about how much he respected Danny Ainge.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 10:18:35 PM by RJ87 »
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2014, 10:22:08 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

Rondo: "Obviously I'm very excited to be here. Coming from a great situation in Boston, I'm very thankful for all the things they did for me and the fan base. But I'm ready to start a new chapter here with the Dallas Mavericks and I'm very excited to be here."

Well when people are willing to basically type out very inaccurate descriptions of things that happened it tells you a lot about their bias, and lack of character and class.

« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2014, 10:25:11 PM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
i think rondo doesn't really want to leave the team
it hurt rondo's feeling in some way, and i wouldn't be surprised if rondo gets dallas 15assist for game, this is ainge fault

since the perkins trade it all broke up

« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2014, 10:25:22 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513

It wasn't his decision. At first I thought you were a voice of reason, but it turns out that you're just a Rondo hater.

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2014, 10:31:01 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Well when people are willing to basically type out very inaccurate descriptions of things that happened it tells you a lot about their bias, and lack of character and class.

I've read some of quoteboard from SB Nation. He seems to be classy with regards to Ainge (who  traded him for garbage) and his time in Boston.

And yep, triboy conveniently didnt add that up. I get it now. Utter bias. But hey, he got his wish. His most hated player is gone, guess he won.

And he said he won't clap Jan. 2nd. GOOD. Rondo doesnt need applause from fans like him who never appreciated him to begin with.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2014, 10:35:59 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

I've read some of quoteboard from SB Nation. He seems to be classy with regards to Ainge (who  traded him for garbage) and his time in Boston.

And yep, triboy conveniently didnt add that up. I get it now. Utter bias. But hey, he got his wish. His most hated player is gone, guess he won.

And he said he won't clap Jan. 2nd. GOOD. Rondo doesnt need applause from fans like him who never appreciated him to begin with.

Isn't that the truth!

« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2014, 10:47:14 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

It wasn't his decision. At first I thought you were a voice of reason, but it turns out that you're just a Rondo hater.

He didn't look sad one second to be traded away from the Celtics. Did you see KG, PP press conf after they got traded?   Most of the time they were talking about their time as a Celtic.

Thats the way it should be. How many years did Rondo play here?  To me Rondo mainly cares about his next contract and having a parade

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2014, 10:51:22 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I'm done with Rondo.  I'm still grateful he helped the team win a ring in 2008.  It's true we could of not won it without his contributions

It's time to move on though