Author Topic: Pressure on Danny to cash in?  (Read 4000 times)

Re: Pressure on Danny to cash in?
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2014, 06:42:39 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
Ainge is a freaking genius.

I love what he is doing.

Six first round picks in the next two years.

until those picks are traded they're still just draft picks...and we can't use 'em all. I'm sick of hearing how we have all these assets.

do I think we are set up to be flexible? yes, but like I said if no one values those picks(like this past summer) then all we did is accumulate a bunch of picks that we can't possibly use them all to actually draft players.

...and danny just said on tv why he likes draft picks is because "they're tradable".

I believe in danny but this could be his ticket out of here if it doesn't work out.

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2014, 07:11:52 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
No set timetable. Impatience is probably the most dangerous trait a GM/ Ownership/ fan base can have.

TP+

Becoming impatient when rebuilding is how you become the Detroit Pistons of the last 5-6 years.  Luckily we have a GM and ownership that are smart enough to know that doing a half-ass rebuild to placate the impatient portion of their fan base is not the answer.

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2014, 07:13:28 PM »

Offline KingChre

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 21

until those picks are traded they're still just draft picks...and we can't use 'em all. I'm sick of hearing how we have all these assets.

do I think we are set up to be flexible? yes, but like I said if no one values those picks(like this past summer) then all we did is accumulate a bunch of picks that we can't possibly use them all to actually draft players.

...and danny just said on tv why he likes draft picks is because "they're tradable".

I believe in danny but this could be his ticket out of here if it doesn't work out.

Of course it is unlikely they will be using all of these picks. However you are definitely undervaluing a 1st round pick in today's NBA. They can package these picks to move up, include them in S&T deals, stash players overseas, etc. There are no shortage of options. Its obviously more difficult to find superstar talent with late 1st rounders, but with each pick accumulated, the chances of finding that player go up.
Looking at my gucci, and it's about that time...

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2014, 07:33:32 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228

Of course it is unlikely they will be using all of these picks. However you are definitely undervaluing a 1st round pick in today's NBA. They can package these picks to move up, include them in S&T deals, stash players overseas, etc. There are no shortage of options. Its obviously more difficult to find superstar talent with late 1st rounders, but with each pick accumulated, the chances of finding that player go up.

i'm not undervaluing anything. the accumulated draft picks we had last yr.(including our own) were not considered valuable by anybody else. so who's to say anyone will in the future?

I personally thought we had enough to land Love, Minny didn't think so and good thing they didn't.