Author Topic: What we should see beginning tonight post Rondo!  (Read 1739 times)

Re: What we should see beginning tonight post Rondo!
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2014, 05:22:35 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
We might be slightly better.  I like pairing Bradley with either Turner or Smart.  Both those guys are bigger than Bradley and can make up for his lack of size.

Not expecting it, but it really wouldn't shock me to see Boston make the playoffs this year.

If they keep Green and other vets, maybe (but probably not).

Don't see that happening though. There's no way Green stays. We're going to be pretty terrible once we cross the halfway mark of the season.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2014, 05:32:32 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I am really looking forward to seeing the Celtics develop over the next two years.

Six first round draft picks, cap space, and a $12.9 million dollar exception.

Plus Smart, Young, KO, and Sullinger.

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2014, 05:50:06 PM »

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597
   Defensive field goal % for the year so far!

Guards                     Small fwrds./combos                   Bigs

Rondo    50%                   Green 45.3%                   Sully 50.3%
Bradley  41.6%              Wallace 42.7%                   Bass  46.9%
Pressey  40.8%                Turner 42.3%                Olynyk 45.8%
Thornton 40%                                                        Zeller 44.6%
Smart     32.6%

New players from Dallas:  Wright 49.5%, Crowder 42.4%, Nelson 44.3%

Rondo is the only guard/small fwrd. below average asnd he was way below!  Smart is through the roof good!  Average for guards would be 44-45%, small fwrds. 45-46ish, bigs 46-48ish depending on how much you defend near the hoop.

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2014, 05:56:27 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
We might be slightly better.  I like pairing Bradley with either Turner or Smart.  Both those guys are bigger than Bradley and can make up for his lack of size.

Not expecting it, but it really wouldn't shock me to see Boston make the playoffs this year.

If they keep Green and other vets, maybe (but probably not).

Don't see that happening though. There's no way Green stays. We're going to be pretty terrible once we cross the halfway mark of the season.
I agree with both comments here.  I would not be shocked if we are the same or better without Rondo.  Rondo made lots of showy passes and padded the stat sheet for 3 quarters of a lot of games, but he was also a major contributor to stealing defeat from the jaws of victory in the last 4 minutes of 4 or 5 winnable games this year at a minimum. 

If Jeff Green, however, is either shipped out of town or goes into a coma due to the implied surrender that many are reading into the Rondo trade then the C's performance will be markedly worse IMO.  An aggressive Jeff Green has meant a lot more to this team winning and losing than Rondo has.