Author Topic: Perk: Rondo wanted out  (Read 2910 times)

Re: Perk: Rondo wanted out
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2014, 04:13:49 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I guess this helps the hurt of him being shipped away. I'll still root for him to go all the way and knock out Cleveland in a Dirk vs LBJ finals again how sweet would that be
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2014, 04:22:39 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Not surprised if its true.

I mean, he got dangled around the trading block for a few years. It's hard to commit to a GM and a team who's not committed to you.
agree this is one thing i don't think ainge gets
yes you always look to trade guys to upgrade but its the boston celtics you also keep your top players and build around them
that is what makes boston different, you give your all for the celtics you are rewarded with longevity in a green uniform and some sort of job afterwards
the everyone is available theory makes us like the rest of the teams in league
so now we have to sign guys we have  $$ for free agents, maybe a coach/system set up to sign players and a winning record?

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2014, 04:37:36 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
This is not all that surprising. Eventually the losing wears on a competitor like Rondo.

If not a Mavs-Grizzlies or a Mavs-Rockets WCF, I'd love to see a Mavs-Thunder WCF. All the matchups in the West are intriguing, really.

He better hope it's not the Thunder, because RW will make him look silly unless he magically steps up his D to pre-2013 levels. Granted, RW makes most people look silly lol

Ironically I think Rondo would struggle on the other end of the floor unless he experiences an offensive turnaround. Rondo has been dreadful when the pace slows down and Westbrook is athletic enough to contain him in the halfcourt.

As you said, Westbrook is so good he's gonna drop 20 on anybody who guards him in all likelihood. But I think Rondo's been better so far defensively than we give him credit for.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2014, 04:40:33 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Thank heavens Rondo didn't become a Laker

Least I can still cheer for him .

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2014, 04:47:46 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
This is not all that surprising. Eventually the losing wears on a competitor like Rondo.

If not a Mavs-Grizzlies or a Mavs-Rockets WCF, I'd love to see a Mavs-Thunder WCF. All the matchups in the West are intriguing, really.

He better hope it's not the Thunder, because RW will make him look silly unless he magically steps up his D to pre-2013 levels. Granted, RW makes most people look silly lol

Ironically I think Rondo would struggle on the other end of the floor unless he experiences an offensive turnaround. Rondo has been dreadful when the pace slows down and Westbrook is athletic enough to contain him in the halfcourt.

As you said, Westbrook is so good he's gonna drop 20 on anybody who guards him in all likelihood. But I think Rondo's been better so far defensively than we give him credit for.

From what I've seen of Dallas so far, they seem to be fairly adverse to playing much defense. Chandler will be the best defensive big that Rondo's played with since KG left town, though.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2014, 06:07:36 PM »

Offline Rondohara

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
Wanted out but wouldn't say it?  ???  Well either he said it or didn't. I'm guessing he did although they say he didn't  :P
Doesn't excuse the junk trade, but would mitigate.
Goal for next season: Top 2 seed.
Say goodbye to: Turner, Zeller, Sully.

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2014, 06:16:01 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Wanted out but wouldn't say it?  ???  Well either he said it or didn't. I'm guessing he did although they say he didn't  :P
Doesn't excuse the junk trade, but would mitigate.

I think Perk meant he wouldn't be a public malcontent by saying it to the press.