Author Topic: Perk: Rondo wanted out  (Read 2905 times)

Perk: Rondo wanted out
« on: December 19, 2014, 02:58:06 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
Marc J. Spears ?@SpearsNBAYahoo  25m25 minutes ago
Kendrick Perkins on Rondo: "I’m not happy he is in the West, but I’m happy for him. His time was probably up in Boston. He did his (job)."

Marc J. Spears ?@SpearsNBAYahoo  23m23 minutes ago
(Rondo) wanted out, but he would never say that though,” - Thunder center Kendrick Perkins said about his ex-Celtics teammate to Yahoo.

A month ago he said this...

So when Perkins was asked on Wednesday before the Thunder pounded the Celtics, 109-94, about Rondo’s desire to remain in Boston, he, of course, disguised nothing.

“He should [re-sign],” Perkins said. “I think it’s a great place for him. I think he wants to stay here. You know, we talk on a regular basis and I think he should stay. If I was him, I would stay.”

Perkins expounded.

“I just think it’s a perfect situation for him,” he said. “He’s got a good group of guys around him, good coach. It’s his team, he’s able to play the way he’s capable of playing. He’s almost averaging a triple-double. He’s got some good talent around him, [Jared] Sullinger, Jeff  the young kid [Kelly Olynyk]. He’s got some good talent around him. I think he wants to stay. I think he should. But you never know how it works out.”

Interesting..lol. Either way, I'm happy for Rondo and ready to see this truly new beginning for Boston.

Re: Perk: Rondo wanted out
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 03:00:48 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
The two are not necessarily contradictory, though they did give me a good chuckle. Lip service is not exclusively reserved for Ainge.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 03:00:58 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
This is not all that surprising. Eventually the losing wears on a competitor like Rondo.

If not a Mavs-Grizzlies or a Mavs-Rockets WCF, I'd love to see a Mavs-Thunder WCF. All the matchups in the West are intriguing, really.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 03:02:08 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
I believe we may have JackieMac's source!

Mike

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 03:02:25 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Uh... of course Rondo wanted out.  Some fans can't see through PR.  It's a bad team. Rondo wants to win.  I've been saying for a long time that Boston wasn't the frontrunner to sign him.  It's been common knowledge around the league for a couple years that Rondo was a sitting duck.  We had to get something instead of nothing. 

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 03:03:20 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
The two are not necessarily contradictory, though they did give me a good chuckle. Lip service is not exclusively reserved for Ainge.

Most definitely..lol.

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 03:04:45 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
I bet Rondo's like "dang Perk, shut up" lol.

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 03:07:08 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Not surprised. Doc did too. They got a taste for winning and success. Management wasn't able to hold up their end of getting the pieces to presently continue that. It is what it is.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 03:08:32 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Uh... of course Rondo wanted out.  Some fans can't see through PR.  It's a bad team. Rondo wants to win.  I've been saying for a long time that Boston wasn't the frontrunner to sign him.  It's been common knowledge around the league for a couple years that Rondo was a sitting duck.  We had to get something instead of nothing.

Basically.

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 03:36:08 PM »

Online CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!

THIS

Rondo wasn't going to resign with a rebuilding team. Playoff Rondo will be reborn in Dallas.

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 03:50:52 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
did rondo play a rope a dope,he is someone that plays games and looks ahead,if he played to full capabilities it might have been harder to get traded.

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 03:54:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Watch rondo shoot fts at 60 percent and play proper man to man D now. What a guy

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 03:57:52 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

A couple of years isn't quite true, since we're still a couple months shy of the ACL tear, but yeah, this is definitely a very correct post.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 03:59:18 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
This is not all that surprising. Eventually the losing wears on a competitor like Rondo.

If not a Mavs-Grizzlies or a Mavs-Rockets WCF, I'd love to see a Mavs-Thunder WCF. All the matchups in the West are intriguing, really.

He better hope it's not the Thunder, because RW will make him look silly unless he magically steps up his D to pre-2013 levels. Granted, RW makes most people look silly lol

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2014, 04:05:10 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Not surprised if its true.

I mean, he got dangled around the trading block for a few years. It's hard to commit to a GM and a team who's not committed to you.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace