Author Topic: Which center this upcoming draft do you want?  (Read 3407 times)

Re: Which center this upcoming draft do you want?
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2014, 04:07:48 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Towns = his upside is incredible. That physical size and length with solid athleticism. The skill-level offensively. The defense. He is tremendously talented.

Towns will comfortably pass out Okafor in a few years time.

A lot of people are on board with Towns. Guess I would be as well.

So Towns and Okafor for me, or no one else in that draft.

Man, I think you should give WCS alot more credit. He doesn't have the highest ceiling out there, but he's exactly what we need for a rim protector. He's got the potential to be a Tyson Chandler 2.0, who was a defensive player of the year. You don't take him in the top 3, but if we're picking like 6th or later he's definitely good value.

He's been in Kentucky for 3 years and while he's shown he's solid defensively, he still hasnt developed an offensive game. I would hate if we get WCS, I dont see a ton of upside. I'd rather pay Robin Lopez or Omer Asik if we're drafting him. 
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2014, 04:18:45 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Towns = his upside is incredible. That physical size and length with solid athleticism. The skill-level offensively. The defense. He is tremendously talented.

Man, I think you should give WCS alot more credit. He doesn't have the highest ceiling out there, but he's exactly what we need for a rim protector. He's got the potential to be a Tyson Chandler 2.0, who was a defensive player of the year. You don't take him in the top 3, but if we're picking like 6th or later he's definitely good value.

He's been in Kentucky for 3 years and while he's shown he's solid defensively, he still hasnt developed an offensive game. I would hate if we get WCS, I dont see a ton of upside. I'd rather pay Robin Lopez or Omer Asik if we're drafting him.

I think a pretty legitimate rebuttal to that would be the ridiculous quality of his teammates around him (Noel, Randle, Towns, etc.).

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2014, 04:21:15 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Myles Turner, although I'm biased because the only game of his I saw was the other day and he randomly went off for 26 in 23 minutes.  He has a PER in the 40s right now, he is like Brandon Wright 2.0.  Although technically I think he's a power forward, he's 6'11" and only 18 yrs old.  I'm willing to bet he grows a little more.  I am not really sure about his defense, it looked ok but it was only one game and he wasn't exactly matched up against a superstar...

I love Turner - tremendous skill and range for a center, excellent length and timing as a shot blocker, good mobility and energy level.  Sure he's skinny as they come, but he doesn't play small.

I see him as Larry Sanders with offensive skill.  He'll need time, but he's a special talent.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2014, 04:24:32 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Myles Turner, although I'm biased because the only game of his I saw was the other day and he randomly went off for 26 in 23 minutes.  He has a PER in the 40s right now, he is like Brandon Wright 2.0.  Although technically I think he's a power forward, he's 6'11" and only 18 yrs old.  I'm willing to bet he grows a little more.  I am not really sure about his defense, it looked ok but it was only one game and he wasn't exactly matched up against a superstar...

I love Turner - tremendous skill and range for a center, excellent length and timing as a shot blocker, good mobility and energy level.  Sure he's skinny as they come, but he doesn't play small.

I see him as Larry Sanders with offensive skill.  He'll need time, but he's a special talent.
Are you not worried about the way he runs? He is an awkward runner and looks like his body is one step away from breaking down.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2014, 04:32:53 PM »

Offline MSceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 23
Okafor- the Ping pong balls will not bounce our way
Towns- lots of raw potential, I fear him because I think the strength of Kentucky is covering up his weaknesses. I do believe the staff will evaluate him better than I ever can
WCS- he is the guy I want, we know exactly what we are getting! A rim protector and isn't that what we've wanted for so long?
Turner- watched a few games of his now and I think he fouls too much to be a great shot blocker, hopefully he will figure it out

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2014, 04:33:11 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454

Are you not worried about the way he runs? He is an awkward runner and looks like his body is one step away from breaking down.

I've never really taken running style into account.  Has there been a history of players who fall apart because they run funny? 
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2014, 04:34:09 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

I think a pretty legitimate rebuttal to that would be the ridiculous quality of his teammates around him (Noel, Randle, Towns, etc.).

But you'd think he'd develop a decent offensive game in 3 years. He hasnt.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2014, 04:51:46 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

I've never really taken running style into account.  Has there been a history of players who fall apart because they run funny?
I'm not exactly sure. Usually I equate the fluidity with which people run to athleticism. Watching him run reminds me of a guy like Perk, who didn't have many fast twitch muscles.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2014, 04:59:00 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

I'm not exactly sure. Usually I equate the fluidity with which people run to athleticism. Watching him run reminds me of a guy like Perk, who didn't have many fast twitch muscles.

He doesn't look that weird running.  Much better than Hiibert who has a similar running technique.

I have seen him pushed to the ground by lesser players which is more of a concern to me than how he runs.

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2014, 05:02:40 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I'd like to see Jahlil Okafor be the man in the middle.

But I have a feeling we'll end up with Willie Cauley-Stein.

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2014, 05:07:20 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Is there really any other answer then okafor?

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2014, 05:10:47 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Is there really any other answer then okafor?

Karl Towns perhaps?

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2014, 07:17:13 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
The best player in the draft appears to be Okafor.  After him, I'd take Porzingis.  He is going to be special, IMO. I would definitely take him before Town, Stein or Turner. He has a much better feel for the game, and also has their size and length. We better start tanking fast, though, because he probably won't last beyond the 3rd pick.

Bold take on Porzingis there, definitely interesting. I think he can really be a disruptive player but I need to see it translate to the NBA before picking him over any of the 3 you mentioned.

Towns in particular, I mean he's 7'1 and plays that jump shooting interchangeable Power Forward/Center position that Stevens likes so much. Towns could be top ten(5?) at his position.

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2014, 07:36:46 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
I would say karl towns because he is the best defensive center while being able to score.
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson