Author Topic: Which center this upcoming draft do you want?  (Read 3399 times)

Which center this upcoming draft do you want?
« on: December 19, 2014, 02:21:20 PM »

Offline piercetruth34

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 20
Is there a particular player you would target?  There are some good ones.  I'm usually not someone who falls for hype but I like Okafor quite a bit.  Towns is the other big one.  Are the C's going to be able to get up and get one of these guys?   nbadraft.net has us taking montrazl Harrell currently.  Another pf in that mold of guys we've taken in the past.  Not sure that is what we need.

Re: Which center this upcoming draft do you want?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 02:22:25 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think it's unlikely we get 1 or 2. So i'm going to be more realistic and say Willie Cauley Stein. He can play next to Olynyk and cover up for all Olynyk's defensive shortcomings
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 02:24:27 PM »

Offline piercetruth34

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 20
I think it's unlikely we get 1 or 2. So i'm going to be more realistic and say Willie Cauley Stein. He can play next to Olynyk and cover up for all Olynyk's defensive shortcomings

I like stein too.  We might not take a center at all.  But I feel like Smart is pretty much locked now.  Turner is also a much more important piece for us.  Young could be our starting 2 guard. KO is going to be a big piece for us ala McHale off the bench or starting.  He gives us length.  Sully is a hustle guy on the boards.   We are going to need a wing and center I feel.  We have Wright and Zeller who are decent projects at center though btu I feel like if we want length.  Does Kauley Stein separate himself enough from guys like Wright and Zeller enough?  He is that same kind of  player as Wright in ways.

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 02:25:34 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Okafor is going number one or at the latest doesn't get past Philly, so I don't put much stock into getting him. I'd be truly happy with either Towns or WCS. I'd prefer Towns due to his higher ceiling, but if WCS can be a Tyson Chandler 2.0 I'd be extremely satisfied with getting him this draft.

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 02:33:32 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Myles Turner, although I'm biased because the only game of his I saw was the other day and he randomly went off for 26 in 23 minutes.  He has a PER in the 40s right now, he is like Brandon Wright 2.0.  Although technically I think he's a power forward, he's 6'11" and only 18 yrs old.  I'm willing to bet he grows a little more.  I am not really sure about his defense, it looked ok but it was only one game and he wasn't exactly matched up against a superstar...

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 02:39:43 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Okafor will be a very good low post player.  He has the highest floor in the draft.  Towns is a better fit for the Celtics and might have a higher upside than Okafor.  Those two should be two of the top three picks in the draft.  WCS should go in the mid to late lottery and is an ideal pick for the Celtics and looks like a Tyson Chandler clone.  Towns would be my first choice and I would take Okafor over WCS, but that would mean we would have to trade Sully as their games are similar.  WCS seems to be the most likely possibility.  Myles Turner, Dakari Johnson, Amida Brimah , and Ilimane Diop are other centers who could be NBA starting centers who may or may not be in this draft.

Another possibility is that Detroit or Philly get a top pick and will pass on Towns or Okafor helping the Celtics chances or those teams could trade one of their young centers which the Celtics will have the assets to acquire.  It's definately worth watching these young Centers, Kentucky games in particular.

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 03:20:19 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
I want:

Celtics pick - Willie Cauley-Stein

Clippers pick - Rondae Hollis-Jefferson

76ers pick - Jerian Grant

or

Package the Clippers and 76ers picks and try to move up for Mario Hezonja

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 03:26:19 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Both Okafor and Towns are great passers for their size. I think Danny has his eyes set on the top of this draft.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 03:38:27 PM »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
I don't know if I like this, probably not, but I can see Brad Stevens drafting Frank Kaminsky. "He can shoot and is a nice guy". Another KO?
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 03:40:58 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I don't know if I like this, probably not, but I can see Brad Stevens drafting Frank Kaminsky. "He can shoot and is a nice guy". Another KO?
I would be fine drafting him with the Clippers first but I think it's unlikely we are selecting him with our pick (at least I hope so)
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 03:46:43 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Jahlil Okafor.

I don't want no one else. If we cant get Jahlil, we might as well try our luck with the Free Agent Centers instead of drafting other Centers.

Okafor is one of a kind. He already has an NBA post up game and is ultra skilled.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 03:48:52 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
The best player in the draft appears to be Okafor.  After him, I'd take Porzingis.  He is going to be special, IMO. I would definitely take him before Town, Stein or Turner. He has a much better feel for the game, and also has their size and length. We better start tanking fast, though, because he probably won't last beyond the 3rd pick.

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 03:50:37 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Towns = his upside is incredible. That physical size and length with solid athleticism. The skill-level offensively. The defense. He is tremendously talented.

Towns will comfortably pass out Okafor in a few years time.

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 03:54:05 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Towns = his upside is incredible. That physical size and length with solid athleticism. The skill-level offensively. The defense. He is tremendously talented.

A lot of people are on board with Towns. Guess I would be as well.

So Towns and Okafor for me, or no one else in that draft.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2014, 04:02:25 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

A lot of people are on board with Towns. Guess I would be as well.

So Towns and Okafor for me, or no one else in that draft.

Man, I think you should give WCS alot more credit. He doesn't have the highest ceiling out there, but he's exactly what we need for a rim protector. He's got the potential to be a Tyson Chandler 2.0, who was a defensive player of the year. You don't take him in the top 3, but if we're picking like 6th or later he's definitely good value.