Author Topic: WELCOME BRANDAN WRIGHT  (Read 7936 times)

Re: WELCOME BRANDAN WRIGHT
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2014, 05:01:54 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
And again, it's not the Rondo trade I'm upset, it's getting Brandan Wright in return.

Nope.

The Celtics got a (likely) mid round 1st in 2016, a $13m TPE which has the worth of another mid-1st and Wright. If anything, Brandan Wright is one of the lesser parts of this deal.

A mid round? More like a pick in the 22-30 range with that Dallas team.

TPE? Sure, I'd rejoice when we actually use that to get established players and not the ones like Marcus Thornton and Tyler Zeller.

1. Nope, you can't make that assumption. You have no idea what the 2016 Mavericks will look like. Heck, it's not inconceivable that if Rondo doesn't fit the Mavs that they don't make the playoffs this year in a stacked west. It's not likely though.

2. We got a 1st along with Zeller and Thornton. Your habit of leaving out facts to support your "woe is me" narrative continues.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2014, 05:09:04 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Doesn't hurt my feelings.  Glad he went to a contender.  It doesn't reflect that well on DA, though.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2014, 05:55:08 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
have you seen this guy go above the box to pick one out of the air-monster play that-he had 7 blocks in one game----both turner and wright were low lottery picks,that says a lot for draft--this season is going to be fun to watch-

« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2014, 11:47:32 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
And again, it's not the Rondo trade I'm upset, it's getting Brandan Wright in return.

Nope.

The Celtics got a (likely) mid round 1st in 2016, a $13m TPE which has the worth of another mid-1st and Wright. If anything, Brandan Wright is one of the lesser parts of this deal.

A mid round? More like a pick in the 22-30 range with that Dallas team.

TPE? Sure, I'd rejoice when we actually use that to get established players and not the ones like Marcus Thornton and Tyler Zeller.

1. Nope, you can't make that assumption. You have no idea what the 2016 Mavericks will look like. Heck, it's not inconceivable that if Rondo doesn't fit the Mavs that they don't make the playoffs this year in a stacked west. It's not likely though.

2. We got a 1st along with Zeller and Thornton. Your habit of leaving out facts to support your "woe is me" narrative continues.

1. Wait... I cant make an assumption that theyd be good for the next two years? Why not? They have a stacked starting unit, full of talent, and a track record of turning around player's careers. They made Monta an efficient scorer, they revitalized VC's career. Devin Harris was fledgling and he returned, and he was good. Heck, they made Brandan Wright looked like a good bench player. Do you honestly think that they didnt have a plan on how to work out Rondo in their schemes when they decided to go after him? Why cant i make an assumption that they'll be good, yet you can tell me Rondo may not fit?

2. Point taken, i missed the first round pick. Another first round pick that will be likely in the 20's (although for what we gave up thats a decent return). I would admit im wrong if we use that TPE on something significant. Until then, id say we didnt get enough for Rondo.

(didnt want to open the thread again, but I felt i needed to respond)
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2014, 12:07:32 PM »

Offline ViolentGhandi

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
have you seen this guy go above the box to pick one out of the air-monster play that-he had 7 blocks in one game----both turner and wright were low lottery picks,that says a lot for draft--this season is going to be fun to watch-

Turner was the 2nd pick 2010 (so yes kind of an low pick if you will not settle for anything less than #1) & has yet to live up to the expectations

have to admit that he plays a lot better of late (Stevens letting the bench staying in at the end of the warriors game might still carry over - especially Turner and Oly look much more confident on the court)