Poll

If Green and Bass are traded are we a bottom 3 NBA team ?

No- we are still too good to be a bottom 3 team.
14 (56%)
Yes - we will give Minnesota a run for the 2nd worst record in the NBA.
11 (44%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: With 59 games left, are we a bottom 3 team if Green and Bass are traded now ?  (Read 2813 times)

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
I think even if we keep Green and Bass at this point we will at least be a bottom 5 team.
agreed.  I thought we were a bottom 5 team even with Rondo.  the only reason we weren't at this point isn't because we were over performing but because Indy, Charlotte, Detroit and NY were underperforming

If New York is "underperforming" what is going to happen when they start shutting down Carmelo Anythony?

If Indiana is under performing, when do they turn it around? They have lost something like 9 out of 10 or worse?

Also how are the bottom teams in the west going to win games? Denver has a fine team but they have a really similar record to us. When they are playing Houston, Golden State, Clippers, OKC, Spurs, Mavericks every night where do the wins come from?

I wish everyone on here would be identify the flaws and issues facing other teams as much as they focus on the celtics shortcomings. We are very very very far from a lock for bottom 5.

agree with you 100%.

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Probably need to move Green, Thornton and Bass. Thornton can really turn it on. Move those three and we will be bottom 5.

Green and LAC pick to Hornets for Henderson and Vonleh.
Thornton to Pacers for Hill and future 1st.
Bass to Raps for Chuck and a pair of 2nds.

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

I think even if we keep Green and Bass at this point we will at least be a bottom 5 team.
agreed.  I thought we were a bottom 5 team even with Rondo.  the only reason we weren't at this point isn't because we were over performing but because Indy, Charlotte, Detroit and NY were underperforming

If New York is "underperforming" what is going to happen when they start shutting down Carmelo Anythony?

If Indiana is under performing, when do they turn it around? They have lost something like 9 out of 10 or worse?

Also how are the bottom teams in the west going to win games? Denver has a fine team but they have a really similar record to us. When they are playing Houston, Golden State, Clippers, OKC, Spurs, Mavericks every night where do the wins come from?

I wish everyone on here would be identify the flaws and issues facing other teams as much as they focus on the celtics shortcomings. We are very very very far from a lock for bottom 5.

agree with you 100%.

I just can't see us being better than a New York team with Carmelo Anthony.
They haven't shut him down yet, and they are becoming more familiar with the triangle.
The Pacers have slightly underperformed with David West's injury. He's basically their 2nd best player behind Hibbert and they haven't had him for months until last week.

In fact they've been without George Hill for over a month and David West just got back after 2 months out.
A team of

George Hill PG
Rodney Stuckey SG
Solomon Hill SF
David West PF
Roy Hibbert C

Will beat our Celtics team if Green and Bass are gone.
They'll arguably beat us now without Rondo.

The Pistons are professionally tanking, but they are still a better team than us and if we do this tank professionally, we'll be worse after our roster is completely dismantled.

I'm not sure how we finish higher than the Knicks, Pacers, Pistons, Lakers, Jazz with a starting line up of
Smart
Bradley
Turner
Sully
Zeller.

Our awesome bench unit of:
Olynk
Wright
Young
Thornton (if he's not traded)
Crowder

"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Our line up likely looks like:

Smart/Nelson
Bradley/Thornton
Turner, Young, Wallace
Sully, Olynk,Crowder
Zeller, Wright[/b]

+whatever we take back for Green and Bass....

I think there is enough useful depth there to keep Boston out of the bottom 2-3 teams but they should be in the bottom 5-6 teams.

So they will have a shot at a top 5 pick but probably less than a 50-50 shot at a top 3 pick.