Poll

If Green and Bass are traded are we a bottom 3 NBA team ?

No- we are still too good to be a bottom 3 team.
14 (56%)
Yes - we will give Minnesota a run for the 2nd worst record in the NBA.
11 (44%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: With 59 games left, are we a bottom 3 team if Green and Bass are traded now ?  (Read 2804 times)

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
So Danny has obviously picked a path with the Rondo trade- and that path leads to the NBA draft- for at least this season and likely the next.

How long before Green and Bass are traded?
Let's say they are traded within 5 games from now....

Our line up likely looks like:

Smart/Nelson
Bradley/Thornton
Turner, Young, Wallace
Sully, Olynk,Crowder
Zeller, Wright

+whatever we take back for Green and Bass....

Does that team end up with a better finish than the Knicks or Pistons?
The Knicks and Pistons are 4 games behind us at this point in the season with 59 games left and that above roster is horrid.

I'd put us at a solid tied 2nd with Minnesota for worst teams in the NBA.
The Jazz,
Bucks
Knicks
Pistons
Lakers

Will all be better than us. I think the second spot is there for the taking and this is Ainge's aim this year.

There's a solid chance the Wolves are better than us at the end of this season- we'll arguably be the worst defensive team in the NBA.

So are we a bottom three team?

I think it's a yes.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 05:37:26 PM by chambers »
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
So Danny has obviously picked a path with the Rondo trade- and that path leads to the NBA draft- for at least this season and likely the next.
So are we a bottom three team?

I think it's a yes.

I wouldn't say he's picked a path yet.  I don't think just the Rondo trade moves the needle much on wins/losses this season.  If he trades Green and Bass, THEN he will have picked a path.  But yeah, if he trades them, then I'd say we're bottom 3.  I think he will trade them, and if he is to do so, the sooner the better in terms of hoping for a better pick this season.

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I think even if we keep Green and Bass at this point we will at least be a bottom 5 team.

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I think even if we keep Green and Bass at this point we will at least be a bottom 5 team.
agreed.  I thought we were a bottom 5 team even with Rondo.  the only reason we weren't at this point isn't because we were over performing but because Indy, Charlotte, Detroit and NY were underperforming

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Breaking it down Cs are currently the 7th worst record in the east and 10th worst over all.

The east is scary in that it only really has really 7 deserving playoff teams and I use deserving very liberally. Raptors, Wiz, ATL, Bulls, Cavs, Miami and Nets (yeah I know) are all playoff teams. Currently the Bucks are 6th overall but im not sure this holds with the loss of Parker. As the season wears on I expect the race for 8th to be Bucks, Magic, Indy and Bobcats (if they can right the ship with a trade). If the Cs keep Green then they should be in the middle of this ugly futile fight for 8th.

I think moving Green and Bass and possibly Thorton and/or Nelson will give the Cs a respectable yet under welling balance of talent placing them in the similar ranks and the poorly constructed Knicks and Pistons. Unlike those two teams the Cs will have a team free of drama. With vets moved I would think the final bottom standings will have the following tiers,

76ers

T-Wolves
Knicks
Pistons
Celtics

Lakers
Jazz
Bobcats 

This should leave the Cs at worst in the 6th-8th pick range. If Green stays I would say we risk playoffs but more then likely end of the lottery 12-14 range.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
agreed.  I thought we were a bottom 5 team even with Rondo.  the only reason we weren't at this point isn't because we were over performing but because Indy, Charlotte, Detroit and NY were underperforming

agree with you 100%.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
Whatever the case may be, I just hope we pick a definitive path and stick to it this year. I'm all in for the draft this year, because I'd love to pair Smart with a Towns or WCS type.

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1466
Yeah without the production from Green and Bass, we are def a bottom 3-5 team.  I think our lineup getting minutes might be bottom 5,  mainly because of inexperience and basically no go to players at all.  But that might not shake out to a bottom 5 finish because there are so many really bad teams in the east.  We will probably win a number of games just from sheer hustle and effort.

It would help further if Thorton was moved because he can get hot and score points for us.  If we loose Green, Bass, and Thorton, who scores for this team on a consistent basis?  ET?AB?KO?  All pretty up and down with their production at this point.

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Breaking it down Cs are currently the 7th worst record in the east and 10th worst over all.

The east is scary in that it only really has really 7 deserving playoff teams and I use deserving very liberally. Raptors, Wiz, ATL, Bulls, Cavs, Miami and Nets (yeah I know) are all playoff teams. Currently the Bucks are 6th overall but im not sure this holds with the loss of Parker. As the season wears on I expect the race for 8th to be Bucks, Magic, Indy and Bobcats (if they can right the ship with a trade). If the Cs keep Green then they should be in the middle of this ugly futile fight for 8th.

I think moving Green and Bass and possibly Thorton and/or Nelson will give the Cs a respectable yet under welling balance of talent placing them in the similar ranks and the poorly constructed Knicks and Pistons. Unlike those two teams the Cs will have a team free of drama. With vets moved I would think the final bottom standings will have the following tiers,

76ers

T-Wolves
Knicks
Pistons
Celtics

Lakers
Jazz
Bobcats 

This should leave the Cs at worst in the 6th-8th pick range. If Green stays I would say we risk playoffs but more then likely end of the lottery 12-14 range.

TP for the breakdown - I look at the Knicks and Pistons and see teams who are considerably better than we are. The Wolves are bad and will probably finish behind us because of having to play western teams more often, but they may be better than we are at every position.

With no Green and Bass, I am not sure what the heck we are.

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Don't we essentially need to trade Green and Bass immediately if we are looking to move the players we receive at the deadline? Obviously the benefit would be two-fold since we would also immediately have less talent and not be as likely to win any upcoming games.

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Trading Green would be brutal. We would have Wallace, Crowder, Young and Turner at SF. We are already one of the worst in the league at the PG position. We would also be one of the worst in the league at SF.

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
The team plays 10 points better with Green off the floor.

He isn't as good as people think.

http://www.82games.com/1415/1415BOS.HTM

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Why risk it though?

We should trade any veteran we can to give us the best chance at getting a starting center out of the draft.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1466
Trading Green would be brutal. We would have Wallace, Crowder, Young and Turner at SF. We are already one of the worst in the league at the PG position. We would also be one of the worst in the league at SF.

I agree it would be brutal.  But it wouldn't be surprising.  Bass has been on the block since last summer, and in the last two weeks there have been a lot of Green trade rumors running around.  If DA is going all in on the deeper rebuild, it makes sense.

I think we are probably bottom 5 at the PG spot now too.  But we have a lot of up and coming PF's!

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Why risk it though?

We should trade any veteran we can to give us the best chance at getting a starting center out of the draft.

I agree, to improve draft chances, and, it's a near mortal lock that Green will opt out of his contract at the end of this year anyway.  Never let an asset walk for nothing.