Author Topic: Jae Crowder - whats the scouting report?  (Read 13382 times)

Re: Jae Crowder - whats the scouting report?
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2014, 12:41:29 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
http://youtu.be/4oXdAFN3FNU

Warming up to Crowder. His overall game , looks similar to Smart's. Not as skilled ball handler or likely as great defensively but is strong, reliable open look shooter, drives into the basket like a bowling ball, can pass etc. He is only 24 still. We will see

Nelson will split time with pressey. He is not getting more than 10 min a game unless he is hot.  He is def not in the teams future plans and just being held to be traded. I would of bought him out. Actually i would buy him out now and bring back will bynum

I think they've got plenty of PG depth without Nelson or Bynum: Smart, Pressey, Turner and, in a pinch, Bradley or even, in a fashion, KO. I think they buy Nelson out if they don't find a taker.

Yeah. However he is likely going to pick up his option for next season.  Unless he disturbs CBS about playing time , he looks like he will be kept. I guess injuries can happen at any time also

We have like another older jerryd bayless in our hands

Yeah, but he's cheap and with the rate of injuries I think there's a pretty good chance that someone else will want him this year.

« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2014, 12:43:33 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
another player that will be let go at the end of the year.

Depends on how he performs.  He also excels in transition ball.

Wright and crowder had strict roles to play. In boston they should get a little more freedom
funny, you've been extremely vocal about Rondo's inability to shoot.  We've just acquired 2 players who are even worse at scoring than Rondo and you don't seem to be as upset.  why is that?

Do these guys make 12 million a year?

would they even be in a discussion where anyone would justify them making $12 mill per year combined?

Rondo's worth that much.  max money, no.  $12 mill per year.  easily

« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2014, 01:03:25 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
another player that will be let go at the end of the year.

Depends on how he performs.  He also excels in transition ball.

Wright and crowder had strict roles to play. In boston they should get a little more freedom
funny, you've been extremely vocal about Rondo's inability to shoot.  We've just acquired 2 players who are even worse at scoring than Rondo and you don't seem to be as upset.  why is that?

Do these guys make 12 million a year?

would they even be in a discussion where anyone would justify them making $12 mill per year combined?

Rondo's worth that much.  max money, no.  $12 mill per year.  easily

the 2008-2011 Rondo.  Not the version today. Kyle Lowry and PArker make 12 million a season and they are better players than Rondo right now

« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2014, 02:52:26 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2014, 02:57:59 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge said that the team had inquired about both Crowder and Wright in past discussions with the Mavericks, believing they were both underutilized with Dallas.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2014, 04:44:22 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I am looking forward to seeing all these new guys play.

It should be fun.

« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2014, 01:09:35 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Just checking out Jae Crowder's profile at draftexpress. 

He benched 20 reps at the combine. Another strong guy Blake Griffin did 22 reps.  Compared to Sullinger with 9 reps and KO with 5 reps

« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2014, 01:13:40 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2014/12/brad_stevens_really_appreciati.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0zlGdIoerQ

Jay King from Masslive: Crowder started on Tobias Harris, rotated to Victor Oladipo, pressured Oladipo, stayed in front of Oladipo, forced Oladipo (a quick guard) into a pass, and then furiously closed out to impact Nikola Vucevic's shot. In coach speak, they call that "multiple efforts." In layman's terms, they might just say Crowder guarded two dudes at once.

« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2014, 01:56:53 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I like Crowder's defense at the 3 position.  With Smart-Bradley-Crowder we have a very tough perimeter defensive crew that we can put out in close games.

Now we just need to get/draft an elite paint protecter, and this team could have a top 10 defensive unit next season.

I don't feel like Crowder will cost much money to keep.  He's making less than 1m in salary this season.