Author Topic: Jae Crowder - whats the scouting report?  (Read 13383 times)

Re: Jae Crowder - whats the scouting report?
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2014, 12:34:20 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Crowder seems like classic salary filler in the trade.  He was getting 10 mpg in Dallas.  Seems like a good soldier, but unless he morphs into something different he probably isn't going to be here next  year.

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2014, 12:43:00 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Crowder seems like classic salary filler in the trade.  He was getting 10 mpg in Dallas.  Seems like a good soldier, but unless he morphs into something different he probably isn't going to be here next  year.

This is only his 3rd season, it's not out of the realm of possibility that he still has room to improve.

I'm not saying he will because at this point, I'm still a little salty, just saying he could get better and wouldn't need to morph into something different.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2014, 12:47:39 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

This is only his 3rd season, it's not out of the realm of possibility that he still has room to improve.

I'm not saying he will because at this point, I'm still a little salty, just saying he could get better and wouldn't need to morph into something different.

Well I hope he does improve.  He is on a cheap rookie contract.  We could use some more guys outplaying their deal.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 12:55:12 PM by blink »

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2014, 12:49:40 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Having Nelson on the team for multiple years is making me have a repeated gag reflex.  Please find a way to clear him out of here.  I like Pressey more than I do Nelson, which is saying a lot.

Best way to clear out Nelson is to give him a chance to prove he deserves more than the minimum contract so that he declines his player option in hopes of finding a better spot in free agency.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2014, 12:53:46 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
Having Nelson on the team for multiple years is making me have a repeated gag reflex.  Please find a way to clear him out of here.  I like Pressey more than I do Nelson, which is saying a lot.

Best way to clear out Nelson is to give him a chance to prove he deserves more than the minimum contract so that he declines his player option in hopes of finding a better spot in free agency.

I knew someone was going to say that.  Probably a better chance of that working then trying to add him as filler in a larger deal w/ green or bass.

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2014, 12:57:33 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Crowder rebounds at a Jeff Green level.

To clarify, that is not a compliment.

« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2014, 01:10:54 PM »

Offline Greenback

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
  • Take away love and the earth is a tomb. ~ Browning
Nelson at $2.7M a year is way better than Rondo at $12.9M a year.

Crowder at $.9M a year is way better than Wallace at $10.1M a year.

Smart at $3.2M a year is better than Rondo at $12.9M a year.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 01:16:55 PM by Greenback »
Everyone wants truth on his side, not everyone wants to be on the side of truth.

« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2014, 01:12:23 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
nelson at any price is inferior to Rondo at any price

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2014, 01:13:45 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Also is he a good fit under CBS?

He looks like a little bulldog
Three-and-D guy, with the three  a bit suspect.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2014, 01:25:07 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Crowder seems like classic salary filler in the trade.

The entire trade was salary filler.

Even the only player of merit in the deal, Wright, is salary filler.  He's an expiring contract that will either be moved before the deadline for a 2nd round pick, or he will just leave at the end of the season as a free agent.

Simply put, this trade was about nothing more than getting rid of a good player in order to drop in the standings.  Hinkie would be proud.

« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2014, 12:29:15 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Good highlight video. Shows what he is capable of(not just shooting)
http://youtu.be/4oXdAFN3FNU

Warming up to Crowder. His overall game , looks similar to Smart's(sf version). Not as skilled ball handler or likely as great defensively but is strong, reliable open look shooter, drives into the basket like a bowling ball, can pass etc. He is only 24 still. We will see

Nelson will split time with pressey. He is not getting more than 10 min a game unless he is hot.  He is def not in the teams future plans and just being held to be traded. I would of bought him out. Actually i would buy him out now and bring back will bynum

« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2014, 12:32:52 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

Warming up to Crowder. His overall game , looks similar to Smart's. Not as skilled ball handler or likely as great defensively but is strong, reliable open look shooter, drives into the basket like a bowling ball, can pass etc. He is only 24 still. We will see

Nelson will split time with pressey. He is not getting more than 10 min a game unless he is hot.  He is def not in the teams future plans and just being held to be traded. I would of bought him out. Actually i would buy him out now and bring back will bynum

I think they've got plenty of PG depth without Nelson or Bynum: Smart, Pressey, Turner and, in a pinch, Bradley or even, in a fashion, KO. I think they buy Nelson out if they don't find a taker.

« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2014, 12:37:51 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Warming up to Crowder. His overall game , looks similar to Smart's. Not as skilled ball handler or likely as great defensively but is strong, reliable open look shooter, drives into the basket like a bowling ball, can pass etc. He is only 24 still. We will see

I think they've got plenty of PG depth without Nelson or Bynum: Smart, Pressey, Turner and, in a pinch, Bradley or even, in a fashion, KO. I think they buy Nelson out if they don't find a taker.

Yeah. However he is likely going to pick up his option for next season.  Unless he disturbs CBS about playing time , he looks like he will be kept. I guess injuries can happen at any time also

We have like another older jerryd bayless in our hands

« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2014, 12:38:03 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I think Turner, Crowder, Wallace and Young gives them plenty of depth at the 3, too.

Thank you, Mr. Green--here's another team to try out and congrats on your new contract over the summer.

Wright makes Bass still more expendable up front, too, but I'm guessing Danny brings in another center by the trade deadline, too.

Danny's Rondo trade is more clever than it outwardly looks.

« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2014, 12:39:33 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Crowder  me at $.9M a year is way better than Wallace at $10.1M a year.

Smart at $3.2M a year is better than Rondo at $12.9M a year.
thought i would amend this.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva