Author Topic: Jae Crowder - whats the scouting report?  (Read 13344 times)

Re: Jae Crowder - whats the scouting report?
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2014, 10:16:59 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
another player that will be let go at the end of the year.

Depends on how he performs.  He also excels in transition ball.

Wright and crowder had strict roles to play. In boston they should get a little more freedom
funny, you've been extremely vocal about Rondo's inability to shoot.  We've just acquired 2 players who are even worse at scoring than Rondo and you don't seem to be as upset.  why is that?

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2014, 10:25:30 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Sounds like a cheaper and younger Crash.

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2014, 10:29:47 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Wright and crowder had strict roles to play. In boston they should get a little more freedom
funny, you've been extremely vocal about Rondo's inability to shoot.  We've just acquired 2 players who are even worse at scoring than Rondo and you don't seem to be as upset.  why is that?

Nelson is a much better 3 pt shooter than Rondo.  His 2pt field goal percentage is terrible.  I haven't see him play with the Mavs but that could be because he's small, not very athletic and getting older, making it harder to get to and finish at the rim.

Mike

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2014, 10:31:18 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I wonder if we will get to see these guys in uniform tonight

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2014, 10:31:56 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Because he thinks we're going to get better solely by addition through subtraction.

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2014, 10:32:55 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Do these guys make 12 million a year?

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2014, 10:35:44 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Nelson is a much better 3 pt shooter than Rondo.  His 2pt field goal percentage is terrible.  I haven't see him play with the Mavs but that could be because he's small, not very athletic and getting older, making it harder to get to and finish at the rim.

Mike
I was talking Wright and Crowder but now that you mention Nelson, he's a HUGE downgrade from Rondo.  he may be a better shooter but he's not nearly as good of a ball handler, passer, defender or pretty much anything else.  the question for Nelson is he going to be happy that he'll no longer have to be guarded to the point of weeping in frustration by AB (except in practice) or will he be emotionally crushed at seeing AB on a daily basis now.

anyway, Nelson makes it a clean sweep for players we just acquired that will be cut loose when their contracts are up.  problem is we're stuck with Nelson for another year.

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2014, 10:37:12 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Every team needs a Jae Crowder. He's comfortable playing limited minutes off the bench, but can slide into the starting lineup and produce when needed. He is primarily a perimeter-oriented small forward, but is strong enough to mix it up inside. And he's an energy guy with legit skills.

20-25 MPG for the next 2 months. Traded at the deadline to a contender who wants a nice garbage man off the bench on the playoffs, or issued his qualifying offer over the summer.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2014, 10:39:46 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Sounds like a cheaper and younger Crash.

Exactly what I was thinking.

And that is not a bad thing.
We need to get tougher.

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2014, 10:41:12 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Every team needs a Jae Crowder. He's comfortable playing limited minutes off the bench, but can slide into the starting lineup and produce when needed. He is primarily a perimeter-oriented small forward, but is strong enough to mix it up inside. And he's an energy guy with legit skills.

20-25 MPG for the next 2 months. Traded at the deadline to a contender who wants a nice garbage man off the bench on the playoffs, or issued his qualifying offer over the summer.

Or we sign him for cheap and keep him if he fits under BS

He is 1990 born. Still young.

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2014, 10:51:49 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think once Green is traded he and Evan Turner will split minutes at the 3. If he Smart and Bradley share the court at all, our perimeter defense should be excellent.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2014, 10:58:04 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I think once Green is traded he and Evan Turner will split minutes at the 3. If he Smart and Bradley share the court at all, our perimeter defense should be excellent.

I agree.  He sounds like another draymond green but without handles

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2014, 12:20:43 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
There's too much hair on this team.

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2014, 12:27:29 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1466

Because he thinks we're going to get better solely by addition through subtraction.

Good luck with that...

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2014, 12:29:27 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1466

Mike
I was talking Wright and Crowder but now that you mention Nelson, he's a HUGE downgrade from Rondo.  he may be a better shooter but he's not nearly as good of a ball handler, passer, defender or pretty much anything else.  the question for Nelson is he going to be happy that he'll no longer have to be guarded to the point of weeping in frustration by AB (except in practice) or will he be emotionally crushed at seeing AB on a daily basis now.

anyway, Nelson makes it a clean sweep for players we just acquired that will be cut loose when their contracts are up.  problem is we're stuck with Nelson for another year.

Having Nelson on the team for multiple years is making me have a repeated gag reflex.  Please find a way to clear him out of here.  I like Pressey more than I do Nelson, which is saying a lot.