Author Topic: Smart and Bradley Backcourt  (Read 1689 times)

Smart and Bradley Backcourt
« on: December 19, 2014, 08:25:22 AM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
Watch how dynamic this backcourt will be. I've been pushing for these two to have more minutes together but with injuries and rondo, it didn't get much play. This is our future back court and I'm excited.

If we trade green then we are looking for a go to scorer, a finisher, once we get that and a Legit center, we're off to the races. We did not take any steps back in trading Rondo. Everyone needs to look at the big picture. He wasn't going to Resign here unless we signed him to a 100mill plus contract, and brought in another max player... Who would that max have been? Josh Smith? Rudy Gay? Someone of that extent? We would still get the doors blown off in the first round and have a 32 year old point guard who can't shoot making 20 mill a year. At least KOBE can still shoot and score, those things are needed when your old, not be able to pass great. Rondos game will not get better with age.

Now looking at our lineup

Smart
Bradley
Green
Sully
Zeller

I've said it all year and een last year, I want Willie Caulie Stein and then get a GO TO SCORER at SF, our SF or PF has to be the best scorer with having such a great defensive backcourt and a Defensive minded Center. Dream scenario Towns and WCS, or Maybe Kelly becomes an elite scorer  :o

What do you guys think fits those slots? Who would you guys target?

Re: Smart and Bradley Backcourt
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 08:34:38 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Love the optimism, but I think everybody should be on the table now - including Bradley. He doesn't have star potential and he is signed to a reasonable contract that another over the cap team may like to have. I think we should keep Smart, Young, Sully and/or KO, and possibly Zeller as a back-up Center. Everybody else should be traded for additional assets.

If we are going tank mode we need to go all-in like Philly. I was totally against this brand of basketball, but Ainge has signaled that he isn't and what's the point of being bad unless you are really horrible.

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 08:42:49 AM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
Love the optimism, but I think everybody should be on the table now - including Bradley. He doesn't have star potential and he is signed to a reasonable contract that another over the cap team may like to have. I think we should keep Smart, Young, Sully and/or KO, and possibly Zeller as a back-up Center. Everybody else should be traded for additional assets.

If we are going tank mode we need to go all-in like Philly. I was totally against this brand of basketball, but Ainge has signaled that he isn't and what's the point of being bad unless you are really horrible.

Don't need to go full out tank mode when you have 3 first rounders next two years and 3 2nd rounders this year or next year one of the two from the philly 2 2nds.

We have Wallace, Green, Bass, even one of Kelly or Sully , Zeller , Thorton. All can be traded to move up in draft or for a legit player.

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 09:06:15 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
This backcourt duo will be a nightmare for other teams, really solid defensively except perhaps in case where the other team has a much taller and stronger SG than Bradley. He does not match up well in those cases.  You still have Nelson, Turner and Thornton coming off the bench.  Pressey may be odd man out.

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 09:15:48 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Im Still not big on Bradley being our starting SG. It would be nice to get some one a bit bigger so Smart can use his size advantage against other PG's.

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 09:18:37 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
This backcourt duo will be a nightmare for other teams, really solid defensively except perhaps in case where the other team has a much taller and stronger SG than Bradley. He does not match up well in those cases.  You still have Nelson, Turner and Thornton coming off the bench.  Pressey may be odd man out.

Any backcourt that consists of Bradley will be a nightmare...Only the nightmare is watching him play.

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 10:05:01 AM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Smart needs a better ball-handler next to him or he's going to end settling for even more crazy 3's.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 10:06:32 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Now that Smart will be the guy running the point for more extended stretches I want to see his shot selection develop. In college he scored by getting to the rim and getting fouled a lot, I hope that happens now.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 10:07:27 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Now that Smart will be the guy running the point for more extended stretches I want to see his shot selection develop. In college he scored by getting to the rim and getting fouled a lot, I hope that happens now.

I'm not sure he has the speed + explosiveness to get there in the NBA, though. He definitely has the ability to finish through contact physically if he can.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 10:14:21 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
The Celtics aren't moving up in the draft using Gerald Wallace's contract unless they're taking on an even worse contract in return.

Unless, of course, I misunderstood your point.

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 10:17:01 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Watch how dynamic this backcourt will be

Bradley is pretty spotty and Smart can't shoot well.  My hope is it helps our motion as there will be less pounding the ball looking for an assist. 

Part of me actually hopes we move AB in a way.  He either shoots well or plays D well but not both.   He has a poor handle and makes bonehead mistakes with the ball and he is undersized.  I hope Young is our starting SG in a couple of years.   Better shooting stroke and better size.  Size helps defend even when your not focused on D because they still have to shoot over you.

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 10:18:54 AM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Bradley is an awesome back up SG.   Smart is a rookie, who knows.   Green is a starting SF.   Other than that we have borderline starters depending on the team you put on the court.   Honestly I love the Mavericks line up now!   To bad Dierk is old!   
Diggles

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 10:23:27 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I'm not sold on Bradley either, too small for a starting SG, great on ball defender, not the greatest half court defender, he gets picked off on screens to often because he is so small.

I'd like to see Smart and Turner a bit more. Smart as the PG, Turner as kind of a bail out option.