Who is the guy you are going to trade

Tyler Zeller
4 (20%)
Kelly Olynyk
4 (20%)
Jared Sullinger
12 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: if Danny Ainge plans to get a starting C  (Read 5566 times)

if Danny Ainge plans to get a starting C
« on: December 19, 2014, 07:12:11 AM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
i think with all the trade assets we have we could go for a starting quality center
lopez
monroe
okafor
hibbert
nene
etcs'

are we going to go for 5 man big rotation?
are we keeping jared tyler kelly vitor and add one more big?

Re: if Danny Ainge plans to get a starting C
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 07:45:24 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Trade JG and Bass, to make sure we suck so bad that only Philly will have a worse record and then maybe (just maybe) get a good pick in the draft.

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 08:03:33 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Trade JG and Bass, to make sure we suck so bad that only Philly will have a worse record and then maybe (just maybe) get a good pick in the draft.

How about no.

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 08:30:08 AM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If Ainge's plan for a starting center isn't Brandan Wright, then he just made a colossal mistake. Now I don't believe that he is the answer, but the trade makes no sense othewise.

If perhaps we can trade Wright for a first at the deadline, it may become palatable, but right now I am not sure what Wright and a first can get you...apparently an all-star PG, but probably not any of the guys you listed (which would all be better with Rondo anyway).

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 08:34:23 AM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
Everyone knows the best way to get a starting center is to get 5 backup centers and squish them together.

Or do this: http://www.theonion.com/articles/terrified-ray-allen-discovers-celtics-lab-containi,19236/
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 09:12:10 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420

I think the plan will be to move JG and Bass. With that the Cs will still not be anywhere near 76ers bad but firmly in the bottom 10 of the league. Once Bass is moved I expect a 4 man rotation where KO, Sully, Wright, and Zeller all receive near equal minutes when healthy.

Current stats/min last 5 games (pt,rb rounded)

Sully    24 min   6pt 6rb   .60blk
KO       26 min 17pt 7rb  1.2blk
Zeller   22 min  11pt 6rb 1.2blk
Bass    22 min  13pt 5rb   .2blk

season with dallas
Wright  19min 9pt 4rb  1.5blk

These stats are a bit misleading because Sully is in a slump. I predict a post bass trade rotation where Sully and KO get 25min per and zeller and Wright receive 22 min. I can also see Zeller losing some minutes to Wright.

If Green is moved this will also shake up the SG/SF rotation. I would expect/hope that the 34 minutes opened up by moving green would be split up between Young, Crowder and a little time going to wallace.   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 09:17:02 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
If Ainge's plan for a starting center isn't Brandan Wright, then he just made a colossal mistake. Now I don't believe that he is the answer, but the trade makes no sense othewise.

If perhaps we can trade Wright for a first at the deadline, it may become palatable, but right now I am not sure what Wright and a first can get you...apparently an all-star PG, but probably not any of the guys you listed (which would all be better with Rondo anyway).

I don't see Wright ever being a starting center in this league and I think Ainge knows that. If Wright is put in a starting role his production will go way way down.

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 09:20:41 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Problem is DA has a lot assets and will have money when Wallace is gone.

No team is gonna give up their center .....willingly.....

I don't trust Lopez long term ......I d rather have Robin Lopez .....less talent ....but reliable

Hibbert is a head case

Without tanking or having other star players ...how he going to get a big name center on the celtics.

I trade every asset DA had for Drummond tho.

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 10:13:15 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I don't see Wright ever being a starting center in this league and I think Ainge knows that. If Wright is put in a starting role his production will go way way down.
exactly.  Wright is a career backup.  I don't see him being resigned this offseason unless we have no shot at a center in the draft.

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 10:18:56 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
For me it definitely, Sullinger but maybe Wright will help him out and make him more palatable to watch and less a liability on D.  I think we over value him and his actual value, I think the same is true of KO whereas the rest of the NBA does not.  This was the case and why did not get back equal value in the Rondo trade.

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 10:24:11 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Everyone knows the best way to get a starting center is to get 5 backup centers and squish them together.

Or do this: http://www.theonion.com/articles/terrified-ray-allen-discovers-celtics-lab-containi,19236/
you can always count on america's finest news source for news like this!!! my favorite line was:

"(Ray) Allen also gained access to a computer on which he read about a failed procedure to shrink Kevin Garnett's adrenal gland in order to decrease his production of testosterone and significantly reduce the amount of time he acts like a d  ick."

;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 10:42:57 AM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
green and fillers and picks to denver
gallinari and mozgov to celtics
chandler to okc
jones and some fillers and picks for chandler

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 10:48:04 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I'll guess Wright isn't our future stating center. I can't seem to get a read on his actual size, some say 6-9 210, some say 6-10 240. He's really long, (he looks like he can touch his knees standing up)

Long term it depends if we get an offensive minded center where Wright plays. If we get Monroe as the starting center look for Wright to start. If we get Hibbert he may come off the bench. This kid has good value, he's something we don't have.
If we decide to keep KO, great their games are very different.

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 10:53:25 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

exactly.  Wright is a career backup.  I don't see him being resigned this offseason unless we have no shot at a center in the draft.

Having struggled with big man depth in KG's waning years, I think Ainge likes the idea of center by committee unless he gets a star center.  Even if the Celtics end up with the best center in the draft, I think he would like to re-sign Wright to a tradeable contract and have the option of dealing Wright or Zeller when his rookie is firmly established as a quality starter and not before.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2014, 11:23:22 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
We should go after Hibbert. Whether we can pry him from Bird is another matter.

I think that we can. The Pacers are 1-9 in their last 10. Despite what Bird might want regarding making the playoffs, they are going nowhere with their star out for the season. He's got a garbage bench and West (getting old) and Hibbert as his only two legitimate starters.

How does Bird say no to Smart (he's a Bird type player), Bradley ( a Bird type player) his choice of KO or Sully and a pick or two? I don't think he can. He restocks right away, trades away West for more assets, gets a great draft pick of his own and suddenly is good to go for the next 5 years.