Author Topic: Ainge: In a nutshell  (Read 11601 times)

Re: Ainge: In a nutshell
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2014, 09:07:20 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
CHEAP JERK
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 09:21:14 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2014, 11:08:14 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Brilliant GM.

« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2014, 11:45:01 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I'm ready for the backlash. I could go on for days...

I have repeatedly said we were gifted with a championship when McHale sent KG our way.
Now... please take a step back and consider Ainge's ties to Carlisle. I'll admit Rondo has been far from superb... but at the same time, I think he'll flourish in Dallas. So given Ainge's ties to Carlisle, can any one honestly protest that this isn't another friendship move? Another move that corroborates the fact that McHale won us a championship? For any one that can't see Ainge's angles, I feel bad for you... he's a complete scrub - only time will tell when his whiny butt gets canned. Till then, let's keep moving up in drafts for KO, and steal guys like Fab Melo.

If you want to make the Rondo/Perk argument, it's going to fall on deaf ears. 3 HOFers make life a lot easier for a superb craftsman/distributor and a wholeheartedly dedicated rim protector.

Unsubstantiated viewpoint to support an agenda-driven view. What is with all this hate on Ainge? Try being a fan of most other NBA teams and you can experience what a truly inadequate front office is like. This simply the most Ainge could get for an impending FA. Consider the $12.9m TPE to be of equal value to a first rounder. So Ainge essentially got two 1sts, a tradeable asset in Wright, a decent young player in Crowder and a cheap replacement in Nelson for Rondo,

For some reason fans obsess over a GM's decision-making skills during times of a blockbuster trade or free agent signing but don't realize that these are two of the easiest parts of the job. Salary maintenance, draft success, asset accumulation, and other non-glorified aspects of Ainge's job are truly what puts a team in position to make headline-worthy news. Ainge excels at all of these things and thus the Celtics are consistently in a position to make a move that is so dang good people think Ainge and league-wide friends have to be conspiring.

I don't want to entertain all that you wrote. This is far from a blockbuster trade... I posted that this would happen as soon as the rumor surfaced... and Ainge has dangled Rondo every season (hence why everyone left).

TPE? Makes zero sense. If we don't find a superstar-caliber player, that we can trade for with our current 20 role players.. that's a moot point. Idk how you came up with 2 firsts... looks like a late first and second... so I won't entertain it unless you can clarify.

Please enlighten me as to how Ainge is going to turn 20 role players (not one starter, besides Green) into a superstar-caliber player that we can build around. I'll wait patiently.

For a roughly $10m trade exception and a second rounder we landed a tradeable asset in Marcus Thornton, young big man Tyler Zeller and a future 1st. We landed a $12.9m TPE in the Rondo deal. Thus, consider it to have the average value of a 1st rounder, for deal evaluation purposes.

Add that to the 1st we directly received from Dallas. Hence, we essentially netted two 1sts, Wright, Crowder and Nelson.

If your "20 role players" comment is referring to all of our current draft picks and young talent, that is laughable. I believe we have at least four intriguing young players. We will have another lottery pick this year and own all of our 1sts except for 2017's, which we will likely swap with Brooklyn for their lottery first. We also own BKN's 2016 and 2018 1sts, both of which have high lotto potential. Lastly, we own picks such as LAC's, CLE's and DAL's, all of which can be paired with our "role players" for better players.

The fact that you have already determined our future to be devoid of stars, indirectly referencing top-flight draft selections we own, because we dealt a player that was selected #21 in the draft is just dripping with irony.

Agreed. Great post. It will be above his head, but great post.

Agreed. Tough to wrap my head around things with a Ph.D. in the most competitive field you can attain one in.

We landed nothing in the Rondo deal. Thornton is a scrub. And our young assets are all scrubs, with the exception of Sully, if he can get his weight in check. I can not imagine what lenses you're both looking through.

Dude, you're honestly talking about picks in 2018? If you aren't 65 and retired, I have no idea why you would even be thinking that far ahead.
are you telling me you have a ph.d.? geez, if that is the case i may turn mine back in.

That's uncalled for.
i am in a discussion with a fellow member of the academy. unless you are a member this does not concern you. when one of us invoke our membership in the academy, which tarhills did, we have standards to which we are obliged to adhere, which tarhills has not.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2014, 11:53:51 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

I have repeatedly said we were gifted with a championship when McHale sent KG our way.
Now... please take a step back and consider Ainge's ties to Carlisle. I'll admit Rondo has been far from superb... but at the same time, I think he'll flourish in Dallas. So given Ainge's ties to Carlisle, can any one honestly protest that this isn't another friendship move? Another move that corroborates the fact that McHale won us a championship? For any one that can't see Ainge's angles, I feel bad for you... he's a complete scrub - only time will tell when his whiny butt gets canned. Till then, let's keep moving up in drafts for KO, and steal guys like Fab Melo.

If you want to make the Rondo/Perk argument, it's going to fall on deaf ears. 3 HOFers make life a lot easier for a distributor and rim protector.

Oh yeah, sounds great to me (sarcasm)! ::)  TP.  Ainge sucks.

"Ainge sucks"..."Ainge sucks"...."Ainge sucks"...We get it...you don't like Ainge.  Seriously, how old are you...12?  What's next..."I know you are but what am I"?

Ah ha, I was wondering who would eventually call me out on this.  For the record, sir, I'll have you know...that I am twelve and a half (sarcasm). ;) ::) ;D  Interestingly, I haven't seen one complaint from you for people to stop bashing Rondo by the minute on here, and yet you are annoyed by my 2-day rant (which is completely justifiable, and understandable, btw), against Ainge for being a piece of crap? ::) Come on.

Interesting reply from someone who thinks that comments about PHDs and comparisons of Brook Lopez to a teenage girl are "uncalled for" (another phrase you use in every thread).  Very sensitive.   

If someone posted "Rondo sucks" in every post, I would have posted the same reply.  I don't care if you like Ainge or not...it wasn't the message, it was the old, tired, monotony of it.  Just seemed like a reaction a kid would have...this sucks, that sucks, everything sucks, blah, blah, blah. 

Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2014, 11:57:33 PM »

Offline dasani

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 32
AINGE will be fired within a year. Thank goodness. He was trash, we should just hired Ryan Mc to replace him. Ainge is washed and done .  :-[ :P

« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2014, 12:02:51 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
AINGE will be fired within a year. Thank goodness. He was trash, we should just hired Ryan Mc to replace him. Ainge is washed and done .  :-[ :P

Bwhahahahahahaaaaa......

« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2014, 12:07:08 AM »

Offline dasani

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 32

Bwhahahahahahaaaaa......
You are laughing now, but when he gets fired and replaced by Zarren, you will be rejoicing. We deserve better than trash ainge. :-X :) :) :) :) :)

« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2014, 12:10:03 AM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134

You're completely losing all credibility on here. I'd stop if I were you. You can't post nonsense like this and be viewed seriously.

« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2014, 12:11:22 AM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
CHEAP JERK

How is he "CHEAP"?  If he is cheap because he didn't want to give Rondo a max contract, or pay KG and Pierce when they were past their prime, then I am glad he is cheap.  Those were smart business decisions. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2014, 12:25:04 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

If you want to make the Rondo/Perk argument, it's going to fall on deaf ears. 3 HOFers make life a lot easier for a distributor and rim protector.

Oh yeah, sounds great to me (sarcasm)! ::)  TP.  Ainge sucks.

"Ainge sucks"..."Ainge sucks"...."Ainge sucks"...We get it...you don't like Ainge.  Seriously, how old are you...12?  What's next..."I know you are but what am I"?

Ah ha, I was wondering who would eventually call me out on this.  For the record, sir, I'll have you know...that I am twelve and a half (sarcasm). ;) ::) ;D  Interestingly, I haven't seen one complaint from you for people to stop bashing Rondo by the minute on here, and yet you are annoyed by my 2-day rant (which is completely justifiable, and understandable, btw), against Ainge for being a piece of crap? ::) Come on.

Interesting reply from someone who thinks that comments about PHDs and comparisons of Brook Lopez to a teenage girl are "uncalled for" (another phrase you use in every thread).  Very sensitive.   

If someone posted "Rondo sucks" in every post, I would have posted the same reply.  I don't care if you like Ainge or not...it wasn't the message, it was the old, tired, monotony of it.  Just seemed like a reaction a kid would have...this sucks, that sucks, everything sucks, blah, blah, blah.

But you never did, and yet you grew tired of a mere two days of 'Ainge sucks,' but not the old, tired, monotonous posts and threads dedicated to bashing Rondo for at least the last several months? ::) You're a hypocrite.

I also don't use 'uncalled for' in even close to 'every thread,' but I can tell that you're not even paying attention, so there's no point in trying to argue with you.  The comment about Lopez was sexist, and the remark about the phd was inappropriate because that's a slap in the face to the person who worked for that degree, and on top of that, neither one has anything to do with basketball, so your comparison to my 'Ainge sucks,' doesn't hold any merit, either.  What did I ever do to you?  I suggest that you have a poke around on here of all of the threads dedicated to calling Rondo a piece of crap, a role player, and that he's overrated, to say a few, and then get back to me.  Why is it a problem when I said that Ainge sucks, but not a problem when other people have been saying that Rondo sucks?  For years.  I honestly don't even know where to begin here.  You mad, bro?

« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2014, 12:26:36 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
CHEAP JERK

How is he "CHEAP"?  If he is cheap because he didn't want to give Rondo a max contract, or pay KG and Pierce when they were past their prime, then I am glad he is cheap.  Those were smart business decisions.

Ah, now I see your angle.  You're a business person - not a people person.  Danny - is that you?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 12:36:37 AM by Beat LA »

« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2014, 12:40:46 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

If you want to make the Rondo/Perk argument, it's going to fall on deaf ears. 3 HOFers make life a lot easier for a superb craftsman/distributor and a wholeheartedly dedicated rim protector.

Unsubstantiated viewpoint to support an agenda-driven view. What is with all this hate on Ainge? Try being a fan of most other NBA teams and you can experience what a truly inadequate front office is like. This simply the most Ainge could get for an impending FA. Consider the $12.9m TPE to be of equal value to a first rounder. So Ainge essentially got two 1sts, a tradeable asset in Wright, a decent young player in Crowder and a cheap replacement in Nelson for Rondo,

For some reason fans obsess over a GM's decision-making skills during times of a blockbuster trade or free agent signing but don't realize that these are two of the easiest parts of the job. Salary maintenance, draft success, asset accumulation, and other non-glorified aspects of Ainge's job are truly what puts a team in position to make headline-worthy news. Ainge excels at all of these things and thus the Celtics are consistently in a position to make a move that is so dang good people think Ainge and league-wide friends have to be conspiring.

I don't want to entertain all that you wrote. This is far from a blockbuster trade... I posted that this would happen as soon as the rumor surfaced... and Ainge has dangled Rondo every season (hence why everyone left).

TPE? Makes zero sense. If we don't find a superstar-caliber player, that we can trade for with our current 20 role players.. that's a moot point. Idk how you came up with 2 firsts... looks like a late first and second... so I won't entertain it unless you can clarify.

Please enlighten me as to how Ainge is going to turn 20 role players (not one starter, besides Green) into a superstar-caliber player that we can build around. I'll wait patiently.

For a roughly $10m trade exception and a second rounder we landed a tradeable asset in Marcus Thornton, young big man Tyler Zeller and a future 1st. We landed a $12.9m TPE in the Rondo deal. Thus, consider it to have the average value of a 1st rounder, for deal evaluation purposes.

Add that to the 1st we directly received from Dallas. Hence, we essentially netted two 1sts, Wright, Crowder and Nelson.

If your "20 role players" comment is referring to all of our current draft picks and young talent, that is laughable. I believe we have at least four intriguing young players. We will have another lottery pick this year and own all of our 1sts except for 2017's, which we will likely swap with Brooklyn for their lottery first. We also own BKN's 2016 and 2018 1sts, both of which have high lotto potential. Lastly, we own picks such as LAC's, CLE's and DAL's, all of which can be paired with our "role players" for better players.

The fact that you have already determined our future to be devoid of stars, indirectly referencing top-flight draft selections we own, because we dealt a player that was selected #21 in the draft is just dripping with irony.

Agreed. Tough to wrap my head around things with a Ph.D. in the most competitive field you can attain one in.

We landed nothing in the Rondo deal. Thornton is a scrub. And our young assets are all scrubs, with the exception of Sully, if he can get his weight in check. I can not imagine what lenses you're both looking through.

Dude, you're honestly talking about picks in 2018? If you aren't 65 and retired, I have no idea why you would even be thinking that far ahead.
are you telling me you have a ph.d.? geez, if that is the case i may turn mine back in.

That's uncalled for.
i am in a discussion with a fellow member of the academy. unless you are a member this does not concern you. when one of us invoke our membership in the academy, which tarhills did, we have standards to which we are obliged to adhere, which tarhills has not.

What's your doctoral degree in? I thought I was one of the few academics on this blog, because most of my colleagues/peers are not what you would call sporty people. lol

« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2014, 12:41:14 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

That's uncalled for.

Lol, I don't even know what academy it is to which you are referring.  I just thought that, 1).  It wasn't appropriate, and, 2).  if you didn't want to cause further trouble, why didn't you pm the guy instead of mocking his phd on a public forum? ::)

« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2014, 01:03:26 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Look, I'm not against a good Danny bashing/defending over the Rondo trade. That's what the blog is for.

But, we seem to have veered into the absurd with the PHD talk and personal attacks. Everyone is heated over this**, but we cannot devolve into personal attacks. When we turn on each other, the terrorists win, and I still want to see The Interview. Thread closed, feel free to start a "Danny Ainge In A Nutshell: Part Deux", but I want a clean fight, no dirty boxing.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

** This is obviously hyperbole. I have no way of gauging your actual physical temperature. Please if you have any questions on whether or not you're heated, use a good brand-name thermometer and practice safe insertion. Remember: If you're under cooked or over-done, we're all eggs in the same frying pan of life.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner