Author Topic: Ainge: In a nutshell  (Read 11603 times)

Re: Ainge: In a nutshell
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2014, 01:26:51 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I apologize for how aggressive I was. Yes, I was #%^$# up. And no, I'm not some 26 year old therapist. I did make a mistake tho, and I apologize to all those in the thread. Combination of multiple factors sent me off the edge. I have always disliked Ainge, however, and do believe he could have gotten a better haul. Additionally, believe his ties to former teammates skew his decisions. That said, I do realize we weren't getting much more for Rondo. But I do think we could've done better.

To the poster that noted Rondo kept himself from getting traded to a losing team by stating he would not sign with them next year - point well taken. However, I still think we could've gotten a better haul... there are more than a couple teams that would pay him near max, I'd imagine, despite the fact he is, admittedly, a shell of his former self. It'd be based on reputation, of course,  but his reputation is pretty darn impressive, imo. Especially on the biggest stage, as we all know... which is what near-contenders care about in acquiring a guy like him.

That said, again, apologies. Not my typical style of posting. Embarrassed. Shared my sentiments, but not in an appropriate way.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2014, 01:36:19 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
it's fine to say "Ainge sucks! Fire him". but at least name some replacements.

Miss Cleo, lol. ;D

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2014, 06:23:48 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
it's fine to say "Ainge sucks! Fire him". but at least name some replacements.

Miss Cleo, lol. ;D

D. Kahn.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2014, 09:22:01 AM »

Offline jyyzzoel

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47
danny did the best he could. the acl injury to rondo completely screwed up any chance of us getting anything of great value back for him.

sure you can say we should have traded rondo at the draft, but keep in mind that danny and wyc hate the slow rebuild and had their heart set on kevin love - which looked like a real possibility at some time, and the only lure to boston was playing with rondo.

then of course cleveland won the lottery and later on lebron returned, but still even though the celtics plans didn't work out, i can't fault danny's logic, because it seemed like the greatest hope in propelling us back into an elite team at the time, and seemed entirely possible before lebron dropped the bombshell in sports illustrated.

i also can't fault dannys logic in trading away rondo three months prior to the trade deadline, thereby increasing his future trade options and avenues he could potentially go down. he's essentially making the best of a bad situation.

immediately after the brooklyn trade did anyone say to themselves, "but yeah we also just acquired tyler zeller, marcus thornton, and a 2016 first rounder out of it"???  NOPE!  but thats what danny was able to do with the trade exception he received from that.

so really it's far too early to judge how well this trade has turned out simply because he has a huge 12 million dollar trade exception, a 5 million dollar expiring contract of brandan wright, a 2016 first, and future second to ADD in trades in order to acquire real talent in the future.

If that trade exception expires having gone unused; if brandan wright doesn't get traded in a package at the deadline, or sign and traded in the offseason, if that 2016 pick doesn't get thrown into a trade package to acquire real talent - then you can say we were robbed blind...

however danny does not rest. he and the celtics front office work as hard, if not harder than any front office in the league. he kicks tires, shakes branches, basically checks every single option out and then tries to make the smartest decision. 

you could say sam presti is a better GM than ainge, but this is the guy that signed a broken down perkins to a major contract, and then a year later decided to trade harden away and with that hopes of a dynasty. he's been in the job for about 7 years i think and hasnt got a championship. danny was only in his 5th year in boston before we hung a banner.  and even san antonio (who are probably the best front office in the league) passed on jimmy butler and chandler parsons.

overall danny does well. i personally hate the fact that he gave avery $8 mllion per year for 4 years, but at least he's not stupid enough to give a declining rondo 100 million dollars on a team that has little chance of a championship the next few years.

if a GM is smart he saves up his money while his team isn't very good, and when the team does have a chance at a championship spends it all, goes over the salary cap, accepts the luxury tax - because a championship is so close. if he's dumb he spends tonnes of money on a team that doesn't have a huge shot at making it deep into the playoffs.

danny is definitely not a perfect GM, and for the few mistakes he has actually made, ive heard that he has nearly made some horrible decisions, but didn't or couldn't even when he wanted to, but i can only judge him on what has actually occured.  he works his butt off, and tries to make the best of every situation.

make a list of all the general managers in the league. then list the GMs who have brought their teams championships yet. if you want to be fair, cut out all the teams who have had their GM's less than 5 years. you'll realise danny is one of the best. he may not be the best, but he is one of the best, and because he is at the helm we definitely have a great chance of getting back to the days of deep playoff runs, dreaming of NBA finals series.

judge the rondo trade in a year. to judge it today is way to early.

have you seen how competitive danny ainge was as a player? that was a personality trait. that's danny as a person, even away from basketball. that's the GM of the boston celtics who had put on his staff daryll morey (GM of houston), ryan mcdonough (GM of phoenix) before they were GMs. he has mike zarren as his assistant, so before you prefer sam hinkie as your GM, remember that philly offered the job to zarren first - thats how much they thought of him... and that's danny guy.

as much as i dislike some of his decisions, were the celtics to get a different general manager, i would sincerely have doubts about their ability to match ainge's ability OVERALL as a GM. dude is about championships and nothing else.

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2014, 10:02:20 AM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
No. We we better getting something instead of nothing.  He wasn't staying. As far as I can see the second best offer was the lakers offering a protected 1st for both green and rondo combined.

Rondo is overrated, potentially a negative influence, had minimal trade value, plays the most loaded position in the league, and was possibly a 1 year rental for any team bringing him on.  We got what he is worth.

We got something for Rondo? ::)
Yeah. A late 1st rounder and trade flexibility.
Do you know/understand the game better than Simmons and Jalen Rose? Rose called it nothing short of a robbery... please speak to that. I can not wait to hear your logic.

Edit: Gotta know... have you ever played basketball?

If you think Jalen Rose is some sort of basketball savant, you probably shouldn't be challenging others' knowledge of the game.

Mike

What? Did you play D1? If not, best to sit this one out.
Few understand the game better than Jalen... presumably because HE CHANGED IT.
Thanks for your contribution. Forums are intended for learning purposes, as well.

You know who didn't play Division I basketball? Tom Thibodeau.

You know who played Division I basketball, NBA basketball, MLB baseball and was one of the greatest high school/college athletes of his time? Danny Ainge, the guy you're criticizing.

Seems your pitifully weak argument contains some inconsistencies.

BYU, in an era of unathletic athletes, does not qualify as D1 status. I work with someone that played multiple sports at BYU (recently)... couldn't be more unathletic. The trick is to avoid coffee. Keep it coming...

lol I love how the Michael Jordan part of that rebuttal was completely ignored
Greg

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2014, 10:19:25 AM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
danny did the best he could. the acl injury to rondo completely screwed up any chance of us getting anything of great value back for him.

sure you can say we should have traded rondo at the draft, but keep in mind that danny and wyc hate the slow rebuild and had their heart set on kevin love - which looked like a real possibility at some time, and the only lure to boston was playing with rondo.

then of course cleveland won the lottery and later on lebron returned, but still even though the celtics plans didn't work out, i can't fault danny's logic, because it seemed like the greatest hope in propelling us back into an elite team at the time, and seemed entirely possible before lebron dropped the bombshell in sports illustrated.

i also can't fault dannys logic in trading away rondo three months prior to the trade deadline, thereby increasing his future trade options and avenues he could potentially go down. he's essentially making the best of a bad situation.

immediately after the brooklyn trade did anyone say to themselves, "but yeah we also just acquired tyler zeller, marcus thornton, and a 2016 first rounder out of it"???  NOPE!  but thats what danny was able to do with the trade exception he received from that.

so really it's far too early to judge how well this trade has turned out simply because he has a huge 12 million dollar trade exception, a 5 million dollar expiring contract of brandan wright, a 2016 first, and future second to ADD in trades in order to acquire real talent in the future.

If that trade exception expires having gone unused; if brandan wright doesn't get traded in a package at the deadline, or sign and traded in the offseason, if that 2016 pick doesn't get thrown into a trade package to acquire real talent - then you can say we were robbed blind...

however danny does not rest. he and the celtics front office work as hard, if not harder than any front office in the league. he kicks tires, shakes branches, basically checks every single option out and then tries to make the smartest decision. 

you could say sam presti is a better GM than ainge, but this is the guy that signed a broken down perkins to a major contract, and then a year later decided to trade harden away and with that hopes of a dynasty. he's been in the job for about 7 years i think and hasnt got a championship. danny was only in his 5th year in boston before we hung a banner.  and even san antonio (who are probably the best front office in the league) passed on jimmy butler and chandler parsons.

overall danny does well. i personally hate the fact that he gave avery $8 mllion per year for 4 years, but at least he's not stupid enough to give a declining rondo 100 million dollars on a team that has little chance of a championship the next few years.

if a GM is smart he saves up his money while his team isn't very good, and when the team does have a chance at a championship spends it all, goes over the salary cap, accepts the luxury tax - because a championship is so close. if he's dumb he spends tonnes of money on a team that doesn't have a huge shot at making it deep into the playoffs.

danny is definitely not a perfect GM, and for the few mistakes he has actually made, ive heard that he has nearly made some horrible decisions, but didn't or couldn't even when he wanted to, but i can only judge him on what has actually occured.  he works his butt off, and tries to make the best of every situation.

make a list of all the general managers in the league. then list the GMs who have brought their teams championships yet. if you want to be fair, cut out all the teams who have had their GM's less than 5 years. you'll realise danny is one of the best. he may not be the best, but he is one of the best, and because he is at the helm we definitely have a great chance of getting back to the days of deep playoff runs, dreaming of NBA finals series.

judge the rondo trade in a year. to judge it today is way to early.

have you seen how competitive danny ainge was as a player? that was a personality trait. that's danny as a person, even away from basketball. that's the GM of the boston celtics who had put on his staff daryll morey (GM of houston), ryan mcdonough (GM of phoenix) before they were GMs. he has mike zarren as his assistant, so before you prefer sam hinkie as your GM, remember that philly offered the job to zarren first - thats how much they thought of him... and that's danny guy.

as much as i dislike some of his decisions, were the celtics to get a different general manager, i would sincerely have doubts about their ability to match ainge's ability OVERALL as a GM. dude is about championships and nothing else.

TP for a level headed, well written post.

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2014, 10:30:55 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I would wager most people in this forum did not or could not play D I basketball.   I bet only a small percentage played or started high school ball.  That does not mean they don't understand and the love the game or this team.

Ainge was a good athlete.

Born in Eugene, Oregon, Ainge starred in high school on his football team and led North Eugene High School to back-to-back state basketball championships in 1976 and 1977, earning all-state honors both years; he was considered one of the top prep football recruits in the state of Oregon. As a junior, he was named to the 1977 Parade magazine High School All-America team. Danny Ainge is the only person to be a high school first team All-American in football, basketball, and baseball.

Ainge played basketball at Brigham Young University (BYU) and became a household name after hitting one of the best-known shots in NCAA March Madness history against Notre Dame in 1981. His coast-to-coast drive with seven seconds remaining gave the Cougars a one-point win. Ainge concluded his senior year by winning the Eastman Award, as well as the John R. Wooden Award—given to the best collegiate player in the nation. During his four-year career at BYU, Ainge was an All-American, a two-time First Team Academic All-American, the WAC Player of the Year and a four-time All-WAC selection.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Ainge

in an era of unathletic athletes

He went to BYU because he was mormon and it was his religion.   There was no unathletic era in sports.   Dr. J played during the Ainge era so did Jordan and Wilkins.   These guys were leapers that could leap with anyone today.  There have been unathletic guys in every era but there have also been superb athletes.  Tarheel, you need to watch some old games and old dunk contests from the 80s they blow away what they have today.  Also, the best Tarheel ever are from that era like Worthy and Jordan.  They were athletic and won rings more than a modern athlete like Vince Carter.  Something like 9 to his one ring.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 10:46:51 AM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2014, 11:08:49 AM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I would wager most people in this forum did not or could not play D I basketball.   I bet only a small percentage played or started high school ball.  That does not mean they don't understand and the love the game or this team.

Ainge was a good athlete.

Born in Eugene, Oregon, Ainge starred in high school on his football team and led North Eugene High School to back-to-back state basketball championships in 1976 and 1977, earning all-state honors both years; he was considered one of the top prep football recruits in the state of Oregon. As a junior, he was named to the 1977 Parade magazine High School All-America team. Danny Ainge is the only person to be a high school first team All-American in football, basketball, and baseball.

Ainge played basketball at Brigham Young University (BYU) and became a household name after hitting one of the best-known shots in NCAA March Madness history against Notre Dame in 1981. His coast-to-coast drive with seven seconds remaining gave the Cougars a one-point win. Ainge concluded his senior year by winning the Eastman Award, as well as the John R. Wooden Award—given to the best collegiate player in the nation. During his four-year career at BYU, Ainge was an All-American, a two-time First Team Academic All-American, the WAC Player of the Year and a four-time All-WAC selection.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Ainge

in an era of unathletic athletes

He went to BYU because he was mormon and it was his religion.   There was no unathletic era in sports.   Dr. J played during the Ainge era so did Jordan and Wilkins.   These guys were leapers that could leap with anyone today.  There have been unathletic guys in every era but there have also been superb athletes.  Tarheel, you need to watch some old games and old dunk contests from the 80s they blow away what they have today.  Also, the best Tarheel ever are from that era like Worthy and Jordan.  They were athletic and won rings more than a modern athlete like Vince Carter.  Something like 9 to his one ring.

Ainge was the starting shortstop for the Blue Jays during the summers from 79-81 while still going to college full time and starring in D1 basketball.  Imagine how much attention a guy would get doing that now.  Bogaerts has received a ton of attention for playing at the young age of 21.  Ainge was a year younger with a lot of other activities to focus on.  The guy was a great overall athlete.

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2014, 11:42:28 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
No. We we better getting something instead of nothing.  He wasn't staying. As far as I can see the second best offer was the lakers offering a protected 1st for both green and rondo combined.

Rondo is overrated, potentially a negative influence, had minimal trade value, plays the most loaded position in the league, and was possibly a 1 year rental for any team bringing him on.  We got what he is worth.

We got something for Rondo? ::)
Yeah. A late 1st rounder and trade flexibility.
Do you know/understand the game better than Simmons and Jalen Rose? Rose called it nothing short of a robbery... please speak to that. I can not wait to hear your logic.

Edit: Gotta know... have you ever played basketball?

Playing basketball and running a team(a business) are two different things. If playing basketball translated to being a great GM, then Jordan would have won multiple championships with Washington and Charlotte.

DA pulled the trigger the other day so he had flexibility in Feb on the deadline to move the players he got. At three players we got could help a team making a push to the playoffs. Nelson may not be what he once was, but as a back up pg he's still good and could give a team a boost and his contract is shy of 3 mill which makes it easier to move than a 12 mill Rondo contract.

Same with Wright, he's a good, really good back up, some teams may over pay at the Deadline for him. A guy that size that can come off the bench and give you good numbers is hard to come by, and if you look at the Mavs forums they were super happy about giving him up. It's not just about numbers all the time with players, it's what they bring to the floor every night.

The 13 mill TE may come in handy at some point. DA has done well with those, and the first round pick while may not be all that great, they tend to be the icing on the cake when it comes to trades. The more he has to play with the easier pieces can be moved.

Considering Sac wouldn't give up they're  first round which was Stauskus and hasn't turned out that well, and  McLamore was the best player that had been offered, DA did what he could. Maybe Huston had a better player they could have offered, but was it a better package?

1st round pick, 2nd round pick TE and Three players that can be moved easily this year for more assest isn't that bad. Problem is every one wants a home run every time, when all you need is a bunt to get your team in position to score.

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2014, 12:27:25 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
I'm ready for the backlash. I could go on for days...

I have repeatedly said we were gifted with a championship when McHale sent KG our way.
Now... please take a step back and consider Ainge's ties to Carlisle. I'll admit Rondo has been far from superb... but at the same time, I think he'll flourish in Dallas. So given Ainge's ties to Carlisle, can any one honestly protest that this isn't another friendship move? Another move that corroborates the fact that McHale won us a championship? For any one that can't see Ainge's angles, I feel bad for you... he's a complete scrub - only time will tell when his whiny butt gets canned. Till then, let's keep moving up in drafts for KO, and steal guys like Fab Melo.

If you want to make the Rondo/Perk argument, it's going to fall on deaf ears. 3 HOFers make life a lot easier for a distributor and rim protector.

Oh yeah, sounds great to me (sarcasm)! ::)  TP.  Ainge sucks.

"Ainge sucks"..."Ainge sucks"...."Ainge sucks"...We get it...you don't like Ainge.  Seriously, how old are you...12?  What's next..."I know you are but what am I"?

Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2014, 01:35:27 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Ainge was a year younger with a lot of other activities to focus on.  The guy was a great overall athlete.

His kids are pretty decent too and played at D-1, so he passed one some genes.

« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2014, 01:42:08 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

I have repeatedly said we were gifted with a championship when McHale sent KG our way.
Now... please take a step back and consider Ainge's ties to Carlisle. I'll admit Rondo has been far from superb... but at the same time, I think he'll flourish in Dallas. So given Ainge's ties to Carlisle, can any one honestly protest that this isn't another friendship move? Another move that corroborates the fact that McHale won us a championship? For any one that can't see Ainge's angles, I feel bad for you... he's a complete scrub - only time will tell when his whiny butt gets canned. Till then, let's keep moving up in drafts for KO, and steal guys like Fab Melo.

If you want to make the Rondo/Perk argument, it's going to fall on deaf ears. 3 HOFers make life a lot easier for a superb craftsman/distributor and a wholeheartedly dedicated rim protector.

Unsubstantiated viewpoint to support an agenda-driven view. What is with all this hate on Ainge? Try being a fan of most other NBA teams and you can experience what a truly inadequate front office is like. This simply the most Ainge could get for an impending FA. Consider the $12.9m TPE to be of equal value to a first rounder. So Ainge essentially got two 1sts, a tradeable asset in Wright, a decent young player in Crowder and a cheap replacement in Nelson for Rondo,

For some reason fans obsess over a GM's decision-making skills during times of a blockbuster trade or free agent signing but don't realize that these are two of the easiest parts of the job. Salary maintenance, draft success, asset accumulation, and other non-glorified aspects of Ainge's job are truly what puts a team in position to make headline-worthy news. Ainge excels at all of these things and thus the Celtics are consistently in a position to make a move that is so dang good people think Ainge and league-wide friends have to be conspiring.

I don't want to entertain all that you wrote. This is far from a blockbuster trade... I posted that this would happen as soon as the rumor surfaced... and Ainge has dangled Rondo every season (hence why everyone left).

TPE? Makes zero sense. If we don't find a superstar-caliber player, that we can trade for with our current 20 role players.. that's a moot point. Idk how you came up with 2 firsts... looks like a late first and second... so I won't entertain it unless you can clarify.

Please enlighten me as to how Ainge is going to turn 20 role players (not one starter, besides Green) into a superstar-caliber player that we can build around. I'll wait patiently.

For a roughly $10m trade exception and a second rounder we landed a tradeable asset in Marcus Thornton, young big man Tyler Zeller and a future 1st. We landed a $12.9m TPE in the Rondo deal. Thus, consider it to have the average value of a 1st rounder, for deal evaluation purposes.

Add that to the 1st we directly received from Dallas. Hence, we essentially netted two 1sts, Wright, Crowder and Nelson.

If your "20 role players" comment is referring to all of our current draft picks and young talent, that is laughable. I believe we have at least four intriguing young players. We will have another lottery pick this year and own all of our 1sts except for 2017's, which we will likely swap with Brooklyn for their lottery first. We also own BKN's 2016 and 2018 1sts, both of which have high lotto potential. Lastly, we own picks such as LAC's, CLE's and DAL's, all of which can be paired with our "role players" for better players.

The fact that you have already determined our future to be devoid of stars, indirectly referencing top-flight draft selections we own, because we dealt a player that was selected #21 in the draft is just dripping with irony.

Agreed. Great post. It will be above his head, but great post.

Agreed. Tough to wrap my head around things with a Ph.D. in the most competitive field you can attain one in.

We landed nothing in the Rondo deal. Thornton is a scrub. And our young assets are all scrubs, with the exception of Sully, if he can get his weight in check. I can not imagine what lenses you're both looking through.

Dude, you're honestly talking about picks in 2018? If you aren't 65 and retired, I have no idea why you would even be thinking that far ahead.
are you telling me you have a ph.d.? geez, if that is the case i may turn mine back in.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2014, 08:54:35 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

If you want to make the Rondo/Perk argument, it's going to fall on deaf ears. 3 HOFers make life a lot easier for a superb craftsman/distributor and a wholeheartedly dedicated rim protector.

Unsubstantiated viewpoint to support an agenda-driven view. What is with all this hate on Ainge? Try being a fan of most other NBA teams and you can experience what a truly inadequate front office is like. This simply the most Ainge could get for an impending FA. Consider the $12.9m TPE to be of equal value to a first rounder. So Ainge essentially got two 1sts, a tradeable asset in Wright, a decent young player in Crowder and a cheap replacement in Nelson for Rondo,

For some reason fans obsess over a GM's decision-making skills during times of a blockbuster trade or free agent signing but don't realize that these are two of the easiest parts of the job. Salary maintenance, draft success, asset accumulation, and other non-glorified aspects of Ainge's job are truly what puts a team in position to make headline-worthy news. Ainge excels at all of these things and thus the Celtics are consistently in a position to make a move that is so dang good people think Ainge and league-wide friends have to be conspiring.

I don't want to entertain all that you wrote. This is far from a blockbuster trade... I posted that this would happen as soon as the rumor surfaced... and Ainge has dangled Rondo every season (hence why everyone left).

TPE? Makes zero sense. If we don't find a superstar-caliber player, that we can trade for with our current 20 role players.. that's a moot point. Idk how you came up with 2 firsts... looks like a late first and second... so I won't entertain it unless you can clarify.

Please enlighten me as to how Ainge is going to turn 20 role players (not one starter, besides Green) into a superstar-caliber player that we can build around. I'll wait patiently.

For a roughly $10m trade exception and a second rounder we landed a tradeable asset in Marcus Thornton, young big man Tyler Zeller and a future 1st. We landed a $12.9m TPE in the Rondo deal. Thus, consider it to have the average value of a 1st rounder, for deal evaluation purposes.

Add that to the 1st we directly received from Dallas. Hence, we essentially netted two 1sts, Wright, Crowder and Nelson.

If your "20 role players" comment is referring to all of our current draft picks and young talent, that is laughable. I believe we have at least four intriguing young players. We will have another lottery pick this year and own all of our 1sts except for 2017's, which we will likely swap with Brooklyn for their lottery first. We also own BKN's 2016 and 2018 1sts, both of which have high lotto potential. Lastly, we own picks such as LAC's, CLE's and DAL's, all of which can be paired with our "role players" for better players.

The fact that you have already determined our future to be devoid of stars, indirectly referencing top-flight draft selections we own, because we dealt a player that was selected #21 in the draft is just dripping with irony.

Agreed. Great post. It will be above his head, but great post.

Agreed. Tough to wrap my head around things with a Ph.D. in the most competitive field you can attain one in.

We landed nothing in the Rondo deal. Thornton is a scrub. And our young assets are all scrubs, with the exception of Sully, if he can get his weight in check. I can not imagine what lenses you're both looking through.

Dude, you're honestly talking about picks in 2018? If you aren't 65 and retired, I have no idea why you would even be thinking that far ahead.
are you telling me you have a ph.d.? geez, if that is the case i may turn mine back in.

That's uncalled for.

« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2014, 09:00:34 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

If you want to make the Rondo/Perk argument, it's going to fall on deaf ears. 3 HOFers make life a lot easier for a distributor and rim protector.

Oh yeah, sounds great to me (sarcasm)! ::)  TP.  Ainge sucks.

"Ainge sucks"..."Ainge sucks"...."Ainge sucks"...We get it...you don't like Ainge.  Seriously, how old are you...12?  What's next..."I know you are but what am I"?

Ah ha, I was wondering who would eventually call me out on this.  For the record, sir, I'll have you know...that I am twelve and a half (sarcasm). ;) ::) ;D  Interestingly, I haven't seen one complaint from you for people to stop bashing Rondo by the minute on here, and yet you are annoyed by my 2-day rant (which is completely justifiable, and understandable, btw), against Ainge . Come on.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 10:36:18 AM by fordescort »

« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2014, 09:03:22 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
I would wager most people in this forum did not or could not play D I basketball.

Hey, hey, hey - that's completely uncalled for.  We can play it on 2K (sarcasm). ;) ;D